Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Efficiency of guns depending on ships.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This crossed my mind just now. Some people complaint because mixing some guns together make certain ships to be considered ''OP''. Some factions also complain about their guns being too weak.

So, I just had this idea.

Perhaps we could change the firepower of weapons depending on the ship you fly?

Imagine I am a Hogosha flying a Black Dragon, a Hogosha ship, and I use of my ships a mix of Drakes and Tizona Del Cids. The Drakes, being Hogosha weapons would be 5% stronger, since the ship was built to use these kind of weapons. The Corsair guns, though, would be 5% weaker due to the ship not built to house these weapons.

Infernos would have 105% efficiency on an Outcast ship (Such as the Falcata), but Liberty Rogues using them would only have 95% efficiency would be another example.

Luggers are awful weapons for the Bundschus. Though, that extra 5% could make a difference for them when they hit hulls.

Would also drastically shorten fights.

Civilian/codename weapons would always have 100% power, no matter what ship they're on.

Thoughts?
5% isn't that much as you might think, I think a 10-15% change would work better. However... I'm not sure how much more difficult this is to change, since it's not server files, it's game files.
No, because I want to mount everything on everything.

Also, the civilian ships and stuff. Also, well, maybe the buff for the faction technology and ships is a better solution, sir? I mean, buff the ships and weapons of not so popular factions, give them little features and everything will be fine.
Yeah.

I think, if this can be pulled off, it would be very good in helping balance tech.
This, of course, has the disadvantage of disadvantating factions without fighters, such as the Xenos, the Gaians, or the Bundies I gave as an example.

Using the ID wouldn't work. Nothing stops you from flying a different ship than one that matches your ID.
' Wrote:Using the ID wouldn't work. Nothing stops you from flying a different ship than one that matches your ID.

Hold that thought right there! Why not? Imagine, I'm a NLH member and I know how powerful a BD with tizonas and Drakes is. If they both had a 10% lower effect due to the player having a Gaian Guard ID, it'd definitely increase the use of Angel/Debilitator mixes, no?

Also, it would help a lot since ships are, as you said, not always faction - exclusive. I can also see this cutting down lolwuttery levels. Imagine a Corsair ID'd player using some totally oorp combo, say buckshots and debs. He'd have a nasty little surprise to find his guns doing much lower damage than expected, no?

Also, the Mercenary, Freelancer and other independent ID's would have 100% efficiency since honestly, I've seen mercs fly EVERYTHING mildly usable in battle, from Eagles to Scimitars to Sabres to BD's... etc.
' Wrote:Also, the Mercenary, Freelancer and other independent ID's would have 100% efficiency since honestly, I've seen mercs fly EVERYTHING mildly usable in battle, from Eagles to Scimitars to Sabres to BD's... etc.

That's why I wanted it to be ship related, not ID related. You're a Freelancer working for the RM and can use RM guns? Good, you have goodies on it. Strap dem guns on your eagle, though, and they'd be useless.
Exactly. A freelancer working for the RM will use an Eagle most likely. You will rarely see freelancers in Wraiths, Chimaeras, Guardians... etc.
I like this idea, but for the nerfing of non 'compatible' weapons only, since some weapons are already fine as is.

I think guns are balanced the way they are now, with a few exceptions. If they are balanced well, mostly it doesn't matter what combination you use. Random example, I don't think that Titan with Buckshots (although impossible without SRP) would be more OP than Titan with Salamancas.
Pages: 1 2 3