Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Jane was suprised to see the man's firearm, she didn't show it. If anything, she looked a little disappointed. Duellists shot people under a table now? Perhaps she was more out of touch then she thought.

"In this sort of situation often, are we?" She asked vacantly, by which point the Navy man was already half was cross the room. Jane shook her head in disbelief, taking another sip of wine and immediately wishing she hadn't. There was a small pot plant in the corner of the bar. Perhaps she could dispose of the glass while no-one was -... Remus returned to his seat, prompting the Xeno to shift her attention again. Opportunities lost, how terrible. Instead, she gestured to the bartender, summoning a whiskey. Well, if the crazy lady in the corner was buying. She raised the glass, in mock salute. A salute that was immediately lowered on Remus'€™ next comment.

The woman was taken aback by the man's statement. Illegal, but fun? Fun? She reached into her pocket, searching... Her fingers closed on a small box. Black felt, barely larger then what a civilian might expect to find their wedding ring in. She placed it on the table, hands cupped over the object until the 'duellist' finished.

"I appreciate you listening, Sius. It's more than most folk would" She commented, without warmth, her voice slipping once again into formal tones. "But I think you misunderstand my position. Tell me, do you know what this is?"

She opened the box, revealing a purple medallion, still gleaming in its casing. The text engraved on the underside of the heart, in uniform block lettering, was simple:
PFC. J.Hartman.
18th May 817A.S.

Semper Fidelis

Jane watched Remus carefully, all but ignoring the growl of what was apparently a fox.
Looked down at the patron who had been shoved into him by Jane's sudden retreat into the bathroom earlier, he didnt have the patients to deal with such things, to him it was as he had just been bumped into by a drunkard, and had his drinks spilled onto him.

The Fox grabbed the scuff of the patron and lifted him up going eye to eye and mearly sneers "Your lucky im in a somewhat dispondent mood, otherwise id be using your teeth to pay for my drinks..." Before he could continue the tender who had served him quickly announces that the next line would be on the house. At which point, the grip is released "Lucky day for you.." he says shoving him enough away to give him space to pick up his stool and perch back on it again.
The freelancer looked outside the window. Nothing but the Ice Cloud can be seen... He then shifted his eyes on the 'wine bottle'. Empty... His eyes then fixed on the medallion, back to Jane's eyes, then back to the medallion.

"The last time, I've seen one of these.", he pauses seemingly to reach for the medallion but refrains from doing so. She might not like me holding the precious thing. "Was when I was a mere Lieutenant on board the Douglas... At that time, the Douglas was still a Gunboat and under a different Captain."

He scratches his head, trying to remember. Again, he looks at Jane. "You know... Not every pirate I know has the same reason as any pirate. Let me guess... You seem to be the kind of "Navy" turned pirate because the "Navy" did something to you? Yes?
jimmy had just touched down 3 hours ago after catching some sleep he decided to hit the local watering hole,he had the same pair of grey fastigues on and a tanktop with his vest visable his sidearm was also holstered tho it weas a more compact laser pistol insted of his " hand cannon" iridium slug pistol

"whiskey on the rocks" he downed his shot and took in the atmpsohere knowing that nobody would prolly cause him trpouble he was after al lone of the largest guys in the bar
Jane chuckled, amused. "People don't fit into boxes quite that smooth, hun. The Navy never laid a finger on me. If they did, why'd I be having this conversation with you?

I wasn't in the Navy, anyway."
She smiled, the title still bring on the familiar rush of pride. "I was a marine. Still am, I guess. Might be why I don't mind you folks as a rule.

It's the darn politicians. Bet I sound like some old record now."
She shrugged. "I won't bore you with the details." The Xeno gestured toward the medal. "Go on. It's not going to fall apart on you."
The man with the goggles comes in, a cardi joint he's smoking, his leather outfit is covered in dust, as if he just came out of a pond of sand. He walks... so cocky, like he owns the place... His eyes scanning the people in the pub, scattered around, minding their business.
Staring close to the faces of every one of them, one by one, with no care to the replying looks they are giving him.

None of these are the people he's searching for, he leaves the bar, just as he came in... no words said, no shots fired, no women left untouched.

Jeremy slipped into the bar, out of his usual white and im his old black one. He glanced around, and then slipped into a booth, ordering a vodka and keeping an eye on everyonr.
While he's is sitting in the bottom of the pub,in a darker,private part,with two of his finest women, he's glancing at everyone with grim look, while showing obvious dominance,smoking the finest of tobacco out there, and enjoying some rakia he brought to his friend, the fat bartender Mick, boasting and describing places he visited, things he had done, with his two women closely listening to his every word as if their life depended on it.
Within the pub, the Lone Drunkard, nobody is aware of what is happening just several steps behind the door...
They are merrily drinking, laughing, chatting, kicking, listening, grimly looking...

Suddenly, a man covering himself near the dark corner of the pub, jumps, spilling his drink, alarmed by the loud noise coming from the other side of the wall...

He shrugs, then shouts towards the bartender "Ey 'dere! *hic* Gimme 'nother ale, clean me table!"

Several people turn their faces to the man, interested only for a mere few seconds... They get back to what they were doing... Merrily drinking, laughing, kicking, listening, grimly looking...

Remus couldn't hardly believe it. He slowly reached for the medal whilst looking at Jane. "Seems a bit dusty, Hehe.", he comments while rubbing the medal.

He holds the medal up to his right side and points at it while looking at the Xeno. "What made the higher-ups award you this?" The navy officer/disguised freelancer quickly notices the people around and puts the medal down on the table.