Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Artisan Farmers Alliance and to LWB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Konnichiwa and Guten tag

My name is Viriato and i'm a Zoner. I just bought some lands on Planet Gran Canaria, where i'm planing to make a small community of people, that just want to leave in peace away from the corruption and evilness that exist around Sirius. No, we are not any religious freaks! We are mainly Zoners, most of us pass al lour lives in stations. So we need your help. Very few of us understand about agriculture, and what those few understand is more the production of food rations on the biodomes. I don't want that! I want real food. So i come here to ask you if you help us, and teach us how to grow real food, a natural with non toxics. Is not to sell, is just to maintain the needs of the community.

So what i'm asking is can you please teach us? We acept all advices you can both give us, and not only you will get our thanks, but also some financial thanks

Best regards

Viriato
IDENTIFICATION: Werner Uhl, Arbeitergewerkschaft, Landwirtrechtbewegung.
SOURCE: Darmstadt Depot, Stuttgart.
FLAGS: Honest Farming, Real Food.
Guten Tag Viriato.
We would be glad to give you any agricultural help that we can: I believe a few Zoners, including the temporary autonomous kind, have taken up the plough and hoe to live with and reap the rewards of the land. Of course, some people will tell you to take the 'smart' option: taking loans to buy heavy machinery to make your tasks easier.
This is bad advice.
I personally cannot stress enough how important it is to limit your use of machinery in your venture. I'd say get yourself locally sourced farmhands (anyone healthy looking with a strong back will do) and have them work in teams with you digging over the earth, and fencing your lot.
You will likely have to treat the earth itself for pests and the like. It would be cheap to use poisons, but there are many roots and herbs you can use in their place.
Rather than sit up all night with a shotgun watching for gophers and things that might eat your crops, you should use a 'sonic deterrent' placed in the ground. It's more expensive at first, but will ensure that your fields remain clean and untainted.
Then with a set of good beasts (none should be wild of eye) Plough your fields well, taking time to make sure your lines are straight and evenly spaced.
There are a lot of different seeds that will flourish on gran canaria, and a lot of different sellers across Sirius. I would say that for every two fields you have, let the third be a crop of Blue Jillies. You might think i'm just trying to save our own prize crop, The Jillies growing close to other crops has shown to be nothing but a boon: not only will they increase the atmospheric conditions for the surrounding area, but they actively help to remove impurities and waste from the soil in the area. The longer you can sustain a field of Jillies: the more you will see the effects spread.
If you've a field left fallow and the soil is not rich, mix a mulch of jillies in with manure. Next season you'll find the soil dark and good, suitable for a healthy sowing.
I will personally make sure you get enough jillie bulbs to start a crop, Cambridge always has a good market for seeds like wheat, barley, hops, feed-grass, as well as a decent, if overpriced, livestock market. That said, I think you should start with your neighbours: it's a lot more fulfilling driving a flock than boxing 'em up and flying. I also hear that you get some fat cattle there in forty-nine.
So, don't use A.L.G fertilisers. Don't use toxic pesticides or poisons.
Do use locally sourced manpower, natural pesticides, and buy local livestock.
Times have changed, and us with them: we work with our brothers and sisters of the Arbeitergewerkschaft these days, and identify ourselves with AGS-L, just so you know who to trust.
Uhl out.
* Viriato lands his ship, walking on the hangar some ones calls him:
H - Viriato come quickly!!
V - What?!
H - Come fast! You will see!
On the computer Viriato see the reply to his message, read it and says:
V: I TOLD YOU that guy has trying to rob us! Look! Read it! These are the people that made that food that we brought last week from Sttugart! Where are the huge machines and fertilizers and all that "#$"%?!! See?
H: Yes you were right!
V: God!! We are going to make real food! I'm so happy that i even can already taste it! Let me reply to they!*

*Sending message*

Guten tag Herr Uhl.

I have no words to thank you your advices. Last week a "expert" camed here, and said that we must do what you now said that we must not do! Not only he wanted two millions for the advices but also wanted to sell a lot of strange machines and a lot of bags, must of then with the sign of dangerous! And those machines ... God! A batle tank is sexier than that!

I would like to thank you for your time. The "expert" wanted two millions ... i will give you five millions for the generous advice.

The best of th best regards

Viriato

IDENTIFICATION: Werner Uhl, Arbeitergewerkschaft, Landwirtrechtbewegung.
SOURCE: Darmstadt Depot, Stuttgart.
FLAGS: Honest Farming, Real Food.
It is good to hear that you managed to resist that man, he sounds worth clubbing.
It is generous of you to offer money for words, but you will need every credit.
If you follow my advice, you'll find it costs you more to act on it, than it costs me to tell it.
It's enough for me to know that there will be at least one safe place in the galaxy for the Jillies. Be seeing you soon Viriato,
Uhl out.
Vielen dank Herr Uhl.

We are already starting working. All my ships are on the hangar and every one is already working.

Once again thank you very much

The best of the best regards

Viriato
[Image: 6f4042eba7.jpg]
*** Incoming Transmission***
***CommID: Miyagi Ochi***

Konnichiwa Strange Gaijin

Forgive my late reply, I have been so angry recently I have hardly been able to see straight.

We do not give away our secrets easily Gaijin, and requests out of the blue like this do not make us happy. I have seen many so called "Zoners" dragging Synth Paste around, and we know from our interrogations that Zoners are one of the prime buyers of Synth in all of Sirus.

If you want our assistance, you will need to offer us something very good, and quickly!

If this message turns out to be a waste of time I will kill the next Zoner I see.

-Miyagi Ochi, AFA Leader

*** Transmission Ended***
*From Gran Canaria*

Greetings Mr. Miyagi Ochi.

First if you are angry it not my fault. Also one thing ... if i wanted to sell your secrets to the Synth Foods ... why i been asking you and the LWB directly? I don't hide my name and my location. Zoners are good custumers of Synth Foods maybe because most don't have a choice. I have a choice and i'm making it now. I spend my time on ground and not on my ship, preparing the land. This comunity have so few people that all hands are need it. I'm getting a lot of seed and trying to buy already grow fruit trees. I'm also on the market to prepare to buy livestock. This community is intent to be a small heaven the best way possible. Do you think i would lose all this time and resources for what?

If you don't believe me so don't help. If you have doubts, please tell me what i have to do, to show you that i'm telling you the truth. Also what is for you a "good thing" to give?And if you want to win Synth Foods ... why you don't teach all Sirius how to make real food, this way ending the Synth Foods market? Will not be with guns that you will defeat a giant like Synth Foods, it will be on changing the people of all Sirius mind. If people stop buying food rations or synth paste ... the market domination of Synth Foods will end.

Take care Mr. Miyagi Ochi, i wish you the best regards

Viriato