Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: C.R.I. Stellar Research Division
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To: CRSRD, Planet Cambridge
Comm ID: Waverly, Waverly LLC, Port Canaria

Messrs Hale and Giles,

My name is Reginald Waverly, I am CEO of Waverly LLC, and CBO for the Temporary Autonomous Zoners of Baffin.

I am hereby pleased to announce the award of a Grant in the sum of 165 Million credits to your fledgling Stellar Research Division. I have been following your work in Newcastle with great interested, and can think of no one more qualified for the study we have in mind, gentlemen.

The terms of the Grant are these:

The funds will be used solely for an ongoing study of the Baffin system; primarily the hollow moonlet known as the Goddess Geode. We are especially interested in a full-spectrum analysis of "resonance" frequencies within the geode, and to a lesser degree the other bodies in the system; as well as an in-depth study of the energies which the geode appears to focus and amplify.

A second priority will require experts in the field of Xenobiology, as we also wish an independent and thorough evaluation of the small "proto-nomad" organisms which inhabit the system and the geode.

Gentlemen, you should have access to data which was collected by CRI some years ago at the time of the Geode's discovery by Episkopos Malacylpse himself.

All resulting data will be collated and transferred immediately to Doctor John Henry Holliday, aboard [TAZ]Med.Force.One, with copies to myself c/o Veranda Incognita, and to Malaclypse c/o Chapel.Perilous.

All data, and any resulting discoveries, patents, etc. will revert to and remain the sole property of the Church of Eris Esoteric, and Waverly LLC.

I hope that the terms and amount of the Grant are satisfactory, gentlemen.

I await your reply,

Waverly, Veranda, Port Canaria
[Incoming transmission]
Sender Location: CSR HQ,Planet Cambridge,Cambridge, Kingdom of Bretonia
Transmission ID: 0505/817
[Incoming transmission begins in 5,4,3,2,1...]

Mr Reginald Wawerly,

We have received your offer of scholarship and we greatly appreciate the opportunities opened by it. I'd like to announce that the our Division - also, officially now called Cambridge Stellar Research - is willing to work under the terms announced by the Temporary Autonomus Zoners you represent. I have already exchanged transmissions with Doctor Holliday, and my general impression that a co-operation between our two organisations can only be highly beneficial mutually, has strengthened even more.
While as of now, we still have our own matters to attend to - for example, the analysis of the vessel found in the outskirts of the Newcastle system and it's repair, as it have been already communicated towards the broader audience -, we will attend to the matter of surveilling the Baffin system. To make our operations easier, I'd also like to officially request on behalf of the CSR to use the bases of the Zoners, primarily the ones operated by TAZ - Freeport 6, and the ones in the Baffin system.

With regards and waiting for your answer:

Paul.E.Dawson
Professor Secretary of Cambridge Stellar Research
Professor of Geology of Uninhabitable Stellar Objects
[Incoming transmission ends]
To: Prof. Paul Dawson, CRS, Cambridge
Comm ID: Waverly, Port Canaria

Secretary Dawson,

Of course you will need access to Baffin in order to begin your research. Under our current policies, Shasta Skyhook is a "Freeport", with unlimited access. If your Research Fellows require accomodations for an extended period, I will arrange permament quarters.

If you require "expendable" specimens of the native organisms, they will be available at Sedona Outpost. However, Sedona is still classified as a "Guard" installation, so some transponder alignment may be required for ships visiting there.

I do not have the authority to grant you access to Pueblo Bonito, Mr. Dawson, as it is held sacrosanct by the Church of Eris. Only bonafide Church members are allowed there. It will not be a subject of research for purposes of the Grant at any rate.

Finally, the TAZ does not "operate" Freeport 6. However, Commander Matok, formerly of the ZDF, maintains an "open door" policy commensurate with other Zoner bases, so I foresee no problems with access.

The Grant does not specify a "timetable", Professor. We realize that Sirius is full of wonders yet to be explored. We are just delighted that the miracles of Baffin have been recognized as worthy of your Organization's time and expertise.

Regards,
Reggie
[Incoming transmission]
Sender Location: CSR HQ,Planet Cambridge,Cambridge, Kingdom of Bretonia
Transmission ID: 0505/817
[Incoming transmission begins in 5,4,3,2,1...]

Mr. Reginald,

Apologies about my misconceptions regarding the operation order of the Zoner Freeports - a flaw in my knowledge I'd like to erase, and I'm especially happy about your request because our visit in Baffin should provide a closer look into the Zoner way as well.
As about permanent quarters, we will be most likely stay for a period of some weeks - our pretensions are minimal for the time being however, and I promise we won't disrupt the normal flow of trade and way of life during our stay.
About when will we visit the Baffin system, I can not give precise details yet; first, I'd like to organise a meeting with Doctor Holliday who is currently residing on Planet Cambridge on the occasion of the doctoration of one of his students. But after that, we shall head towards Baffin immediately - study of the Godess Geode is one of the most luring tasks any scientist can hope for.

With regards:

Paul.E.Dawson
Professor Secretary of Cambridge Stellar Research
Professor of Geology of Uninhabitable Stellar Objects
[Incoming transmission ends]
[Incoming transmission]
Sender Location: CSR|RV-Equinox, Planet Cambridge, Cambridge, Kingdom of Bretonia
Encryption: low

Mr. Reginald,
Let me introduce myself, I'm Roy Khan captain of the research vessel Equinox. As a series of misfortune during our research on planet Waterford professor Paul E. Dawson is not able to lead the Cambridge Stellar Research Institute, and currently I'm the responsible until he gets better.

First and foremost I would like to apologize for not being able to carry out the study of the Goddess Geode. We had serious troubles with our main ship and Waterford wasn't even better. But now we're ready to set out to the Baffin system, if your offer still stands.

I attach the logs of our research completed on Waterford, I think you might be interested.
[^]

With regards,
Roy Khan

[Transmission ends]

To: Capt. Khan, the Equinox

Dear Captain,

First, let me express my sympathies for your misfortunes on Planet Waterford. I think the only danger you will face in Baffin is a playful Scrubby trying to clean the wax from your ear canal.. har!!

Reg Waverly, our CFO, is taking a well-deserved week off at Port Canaria, sir. He sends his regards, and would be pleased to be copied on any of your preliminary findings until he can visit your team in person.

Meanwhile, I am usually either at the Temple, or in my small "nook" at Geode 0.0.0. Please contact me on your arrival, and I'll see you have everything you need, Captain.

I am not a scientist, per se. but more of a "lab rat" myself. Perhaps our individual paths of inquiry will finally prove or disprove some very dear theories of mine.

Drinks, of course, are on me.

23's
Malaclypse
E-Prime, COEE, POEE, TAZ
[Incoming transmission]
Sender Location: CSR|RV-Equinox, Planet Cambridge, Cambridge, Kingdom of Bretonia
Encryption: low

Thank you Malaclypse, we will set out as fast as our ships are resupplied.

I will try to contact you when we arrive at Baffin. You can expect our convoy of 4 ships in a few days.

Until then.
Roy Khan.

[Transmission ends]