Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Your saying boost bomber's weapons? What?! Have you seen a Trop or SNAC?

Bombers are deadly and correctly sized...
While i think bombers are scaled too small, i think making them larger would be too suidical.

Reducing their armor instead would do fine, considering they have way more armor than their hull should be able to CARRY. (IE, Roc should have eagle armor, since its the same hull with torps bolted on)
' Wrote:While i think bombers are scaled too small, i think making them larger would be too suidical.

Reducing their armor instead would do fine, considering they have way more armor than their hull should be able to CARRY. (IE, Roc should have eagle armor, since its the same hull with torps bolted on)
It's marginally bigger, but I see your point.
' Wrote:Not really, when bombers are scalled up you need less good aim to snac someone.

And comming up with the lamest excuse about planets killing fleas isn't really good either.
And it neither fits in anyway to what I said.

Bomber fights currently take a long time when done right.

And since this is 'Freelancer' every type of ship is able to fight any kind of ship.

I say bombers are fine right now.
Then again they are getting anti gunboat rockets in the new mod. IIRC.

Current EMP's do enough damage against gunboats too, when done right.

Freelancer is pretty simple, when you are flying a ship wrong you die quick.
When you do it right you can extend fights for quiet a while.
Light bomber vs heavy bomber is already 2 second fights yes.
But making both twice the size and stuff like that will make them just hilariously easy to kill with any kind of weapons. And when they get an armor + b/b bots we will have ships without instant killing weapons being less and less good at killing bombers. Light fighters for example.

Increasing the size of bombers would ultimately be a nerf, since 2x the size of a bomber would be roughly the size of a gunboat, but with very crappy anti-fighter capacities, and crappy dodging.

Quote: And since this is 'Freelancer' every type of ship is able to fight any kind of ship.

:/ you were probably forgetting about Cruisers/BS'.
Also Transports. Also Freighters. Also Light Fighters.

In reality, the only ships that can fight almost everything effectively in reasonable numbers are VHFs, certain HFs, and gunboats.
' Wrote::/ you were probably forgetting about Cruisers/BS'.
Also Transports. Also Freighters. Also Light Fighters.

In reality, the only ships that can fight almost everything effectively in reasonable numbers are VHFs, certain HFs, and gunboats.

Sorry to ruine your dream about LF's but...

I've knocked out a dessies shield in a libby with 2 adv debs and 2 hammers
while it was firing at me, and I had no screamers and I did it alone.

Done the same in a Grizzly once.

Anyhow...
The in the first topic he said, increase in size, better armed, more armor etc etc.

So I'm not going with that.
besides resizing all those bombers would just take ages and the effect wouldn't even be good for sure.
' Wrote:SU-34 is able to mount rocket pods eg which enables it to carry 120 rockets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-8_rocket
Comes even optically or laser guided.
Notice the "fighter-bomber" designation.

' Wrote:Your saying boost bomber's weapons? What?! Have you seen a Trop or SNAC?

Bombers are deadly and correctly sized...
They are deadly, that's the point. Nova torpedoes are more or less useless unless you are lucky / familiar with Nova tactics and good at it. And SNAC, well, I guess that thing is fine, but if bombers' size was increased (by the way, the 2:1 was just to have some numbers in it), boosted range of SNAC would be almost essential, or so I believe.

' Wrote:Anyhow...
The in the first topic he said, increase in size, better armed, more armor etc etc.

So I'm not going with that.
besides resizing all those bombers would just take ages and the effect wouldn't even be good for sure.
Well, of course if there is no way how to simply enlarge a ship, the discussion loses its point (most of it) sice devs have better things to do I bet. And yes, the effect would be bad for all-mighty bomber pilots.
' Wrote:I've knocked out a dessies shield in a libby with 2 adv debs and 2 hammers
while it was firing at me, and I had no screamers and I did it alone.
How long did that take, out of curiousity?
10 - 15 mins?

but my shield however was never dropped.
' Wrote:
They are deadly, that's the point. Nova torpedoes are more or less useless unless you are lucky / familiar with Nova tactics and good at it. And SNAC, well, I guess that thing is fine, but if bombers' size was increased (by the way, the 2:1 was just to have some numbers in it), boosted range of SNAC would be almost essential, or so I believe.
Well, of course if there is no way how to simply enlarge a ship, the discussion loses its point (most of it) sice devs have better things to do I bet. And yes, the effect would be bad for all-mighty bomber pilots.

I doubt that would ever happen,as you would also have to compensate capship turret guns to deal with the increased range .
' Wrote:

Ye and? Discovery bombers are just that, fighter bombers. Though to be properly ones their guns should've a faster speed, but that's just a subjective thought of mine.
Bombers're fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10