Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
' Wrote:Or make the nova torp actually better than the SNAC, seeing as how it's currently worse in every way.
It actually is better than the SNAC. More Damage, less energy, faster refire I think, and it has tracking for ezmode kills. The only thing stopping them being widely used is the hull damage bug, which has been fixed for next version. Soon people will be crying to nerf the Nova, since you won't even have to aim any more, just push a button and GG.
Insulting post removed.
Watch it Ashes.

i LIKE the scale thingie. I believe this mod could use more distinctive diversification between ship classes.

Oh wait, whiners here! That would mean no more VHF / GB gank swarms. Seriously, this mod goes imbalance > fairness and playability.

And bite me with your complaints about noobs having battleships. Restrict them then, whats the big deal?! You yell at those people all the time, dont go youll miss them.
' Wrote:Cool story bro. How long did the hull take?

I got someone who flew past me while I shot the dessies shield out
I kinda asked him to pew the dessie with me.

HF + LF vs Destroyer = Fighters win.

We took him down within 20minutes at the most.
there "might" be a way to make the SNAC useless vs. fighters...

- introduce two armour types

- gunboats to battleships : armour type 1
- fighters and transports : armour type 0

SNAC damage vs. armour type 1 ( 100% ), vs. armour type 0 ( 0% )

i believe it is possible - but not 100% sure - i remember asking cannon once and he said it "might" be possible.
Go on,nerf bombers more.
People will buy caps instead.
Then we will nerf caps.
People will buy fighters->Nerf!
Eventually,the barge will be the best pvp ship around.
No seriously,bombers are just fine.
People need to learn to swallow their pride and accept the fact the have been fed with antimatter from a fat,ugly and slow Waran.
' Wrote:[color=#FFFFFF]I beg to differ. A single bomb sunk the USS Arizona. And quite frankly FL is just WWII warfare in space...

I'm probably OT here, but that's true. Also, a US Navy frigate was completely disabled by a single Exocet anti-ship missle in more recent decades, and a large rubber boat loaded with semtex and ANFO disabled another ship while docked, and it had to have extreme repairs before it could sail back for rebuild. In the exocet case, IIRC from my reading, they had to use a super barge to carry the sip back to the US for refit.

' Wrote:The imbalances we have in-game currently are very minor and they certainly don't break the game.

Agreed, doesn't break the game. I've had more fun here on the server with a slow connection and lag than I've had in a long time. I've had some Phhhhhhhhht moments, but overall I'm enjoying myself and am learning to deal with the limitations of the equipment issues on my end of the connection.

No complaints from me other than the limited starting funds when you do a restart on certain worlds, but that doesn't really bother me much either. I've learned to do what everyone else does and feed funds to the new character from another one.

Btw...I last played Disco at about 4.82. I know 4.84 wasn't out at the time. I'm thoroughly enjoying the mod, the server, and most of the people, even the ones that tic me off sometimes. :)

Kudos to the dev team and all of you!

' Wrote:there "might" be a way to make the SNAC useless vs. fighters...

- introduce two armour types

- gunboats to battleships : armour type 1
- fighters and transports : armour type 0

SNAC damage vs. armour type 1 ( 100% ), vs. armour type 0 ( 0% )
i believe it is possible - but not 100% sure - i remember asking cannon once and he said it "might" be possible.

How about making it distance based vs fighters? Or how about making bombers actually bombers, no all around solution to everything. You know, big mean fofo things that fire big bad projectiles that kill capitals but are seriously easy taken down by fighters. That encourages that roleplay everybody is using so often here, making you go out in group.
To add to that, make caps useless vs anything but other caps. Give bombers role. Give cruisers role. Heck, give ships role by their name, not dreams of ingame balance by few people who love to pwn everything in the Waran or whatnot. This aint flame at all, just saying. Battleships are huge targets only really, you gotta fly truly crap to get shot dead by it, and ive seen the end of dozens and dozens of them on various craft.
Fighter weapons should get the 0% damage vs battleship hull and like 10% vs cruiser hull. Make groups people, roleplay if you enforce it so badly, especially those few considered elite who yell most against any changes, since now VHF swarm > anything. Ive seen it in action.

' Wrote:Go on,nerf bombers more.
People will buy caps instead.
Then we will nerf caps.
People will buy fighters->Nerf!
Eventually,the barge will be the best pvp ship around.
No seriously,bombers are just fine.
People need to learn to swallow their pride and accept the fact the have been fed with antimatter from a fat,ugly and slow Waran.

Why the nerfing, Ill point to what I wrote above. Roles for ships, groups for people, no more lone hunting stuff. Even pirate NPC patrols are few in numbers, probably for lulz cuz in the TRU RELITY of discovery, single pirate can whack a convoy. Go nerf then.

What am I saying is again, ship difference by roles. Best to refer to - Starlancer, that sums it up sooo nicely.
' Wrote:What am I saying is again, ship difference by roles. Best to refer to - Starlancer, that sums it up sooo nicely.

Yes but this is still called Freelancer.

but yeh rolls are good but we will have a lot of people disliking it too, I think
because people will go like "I couldn't do anything against that, meh lame"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10