Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Fek'Ihri Alliance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Fek'Ihri Alliance

The members are called Fek'Ihri and their main goal is to acquire profit, they follow the greed for money as it is a religion, which it is.

History

The religion started at 762 A.S. The Fek'Ihri Alliance started because a trader could not stand how traders did not go from max amount of money and did not take care of their bank account well. he was so trouble by this he set up a meeting with his follow traders, he told them that they should take care you their money and not just pay bills, but look at them, what are they for? How much are they? Do I need it? About this time all the traders started to laugh say worry about money! He got angry and boarded all the ships of the traders and hacked his account and gave the money to a random faction.
Thinking well they don'€™t care about money, they should have none then! When the others traders got wind of this they hire an assassin to kill him. When the assassin came to kill him he was in his trader ship
So without warning the assassin opened fire and destroy the ship then he scanned for a escape pod but found none so he thought his target was dead, little did he know his target used his extra money to buy a highly adv escape pod (commonly used today). But the problem for him took him 2 months to get to the closes base. And when get got there he was close to death. When he recovered he talked about him seeing heaven and the Grand Nagus and the gate and the Grand Nagus said he was like a Fek'Ihri with money and he is allowed in to the Divine Treasury but right before he got thru the gate he woke up. After that experience he started a religion and calls it Fek'Ihri Alliance and called himself Blessed Exchequer. But something he never knew is what a Fek'Ihri was, he thought it may have been the alien race, but he never knew for sure.
But in 803 A.S. after the nomad war and they talked about a alien race long gone who left the nomads behide. The press called the alien race the Daam K'Vosh Empire. But this group knew they really knew they were called the Fek'Ihri. So they wanted to be like the Fek'Ihri, by calling themselves Fek'Ihri and Quoting their laws or rules.

Today they grow in to the thousands and many have ships of their own.

Beliefs

The Fek'Ihri concepts of the afterlife are a mirror of their pursuit of wealth in life. When a person dies, he is said to meet the Grand Nagus, who reviews the financial statements of that person'€™s entire life. If he earned a profit, he is ushered into a gold filled heaven: the Divine Treasury, where the Celestial Auctioneers allow him to bid on a new life. People who were not financially successful in life are damned to the Vault of Eternal Destitution.

When a Fek'Ihri prays or bows in reverence, he holds his hands in a bowl shape with his wrists together. A typical Fek'Ihri prayer begins with this phrase: "Blessed Exchequer, whose greed is eternal, allow this bribe to open your ears and hear this plea from your most humble debtor." As is typical, this is accompanied by placing a slip of gold into a small statue made in the Exchequer's likeness.
Fek'Ihri also make regular pilgrimages to Manhattan's Wall Street, which they view as a holy site of commerce and business.

The Fek'Ihri followers think nomads have disgraced the Fek'Ihri by their actions and should be destroyed, and they think that the outcast should not give their worship to the nomads because of the nomads disgracing the Fek'Ihri

Economics and trade

The Fek'Ihri concept of conducting trade and business, the Great Material Continuum, a metaphor in Fek'Ihri culture that describes trade as the binding force of all life in the universe, where there are "millions of worlds, all with too much of one thing and not enough of the other." The Continuum is a river whose current flows from those who have to those who want. According to this concept, there is a finite amount of wealth and goods in the universe, and any goods taken from one part of the "river" must be appropriately replaced or paid for by other methods. Thus, one must be sufficiently knowledgeable of the wants and needs of others to properly conduct business. A Fek'Ihri sufficiently skilled at navigating this continuum will certainly prosper and amass great wealth and power.

If a Fek'Ihri navigates the river properly, he can accumulate wealth and distribute it throughout society, at various points along the river. This may demonstrate an important distinction, even in Fek'Ihri culture, between selfishness and greed. Ferengi believe that greed, while essential to their concept of economics, is not inherently selfish, because the pursuit of greed serves a greater good.. Alternatively, the concept may demonstrate that Fek'Ihri culture views both selfishness and greed as completely compatible with improving the wealth of the Sirius Sector as a whole.

They will do anything for profit. Every business transaction that a Fek'Ihri makes is governed by two hundred eighty-five Rules of Acquisition, though the rules themselves give the Fek'Ihri license to cheat, steal, and bend the truth to suit their needs.

A Fek'Ihri breaking these rules may
Lose their trading license
Get a huge fine from the Fek'Ihri Commerce Authority

When you lose your trading license no Fek'Ihri will do any business with you, can'€™t work for you, but they can kill you if they want to be nice. Losing your license is worse than death.
The FCA looks after all Fek'Ihri deals making sure their profits are in order.

The Fek'Ihri Alliance is ultimately controlled by the Blessed Exchequer, followed by his subordinates in the Fek'Ihri Commerce Authority (FCA). The ultimate aim of this group is to make profit.

RANKs

Blessed.Exchequer (Leader)
Fek'Ihri Commerce Authority (sub leaders)
Fek'Ihri (normal)
Fek'Ihri Recruit ( need to see if he can really live up to their ways)

Naming ships

Blessed.Exchequer <-
Fek'Ihri Commerce Authority. |F|FCA.Firstname.lastname
Fek'Ihri |F|F.Firstname.lastname
Fek'Ihri Recruit. |F|FR.Firstname.lastname

trader/Miner id |F|Rank.Firstname.lastname
Pirate id |F|Rank-Firstname.lastname
Mercenary id |F|Rank_Firstname.lastname

Ship use/IDs

Independent Trader ID
Ships allowed

Transports
Hercules
Pelican
Gull
Democritus
Albatross
Geisha
Hegemon
Heron
Border Worlds Transport
Barge

Miner ID
Ships allowed

Fighters
Dacite
Mafic

Transports
Hegemon

Mercenary ID
Ships allowed

Fighters
Spatial
Sabre
Eagle

Bombers
Roc
Waran
Falcata

Gunboats
Ahoudori

Pirate ID
Ships allowed

Fighters
Spatial
Sabre
Eagle

Bombers
Roc
Waran
Falcata

Transports
Hegemon
Pirate Transport
Pirate Train

Gunboats
Ahoudori

Recruitment

Send a private message to me
Or contact me on S.K.Y.P.E. as Trekky 101
---
Needs allowed ships.
Needs a faction background. How did this culture come about?
But most of all -
Needs to not be an import. :nono:
That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a trader who occasionally quoted the Rules of Acquisition. A whole faction of them though? Is that really nessesary?
Countless hours of effort has gone/is going into removing all the "imports" from Discpvery FL. I do not think it is fair therefore to dump on top of that with a Star Trek imported faction.

If you took the ideas of the Ferengi concept, and used it is a the basis for a new faction, maybe that would be better (Like the Colonial Remenant have just about done).

But having a faction called "The Ferengi" and using Rules of Acquisition and several other direct imports, is just not great.

I don't hold anything against you, just being honest.
' Wrote:Needs allowed ships.
Needs a faction background. How did this culture come about?
But most of all -
Needs to not be an import. :nono:
That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a trader who occasionally quoted the Rules of Acquisition. A whole faction of them though? Is that really nessesary?

ok thanks
faction background and culture
i will put in later
Quote:A whole faction of them though
no im would like a group not a whole faction

Quote:Is that really nessesary?
No, like i said no im would like a group not a whole faction

my thought is traders are SUPER boring to play maybe this will spark a new RP style but still be a trader/ pirate / miner
Direct imports rarely fair well.
There have been many many imports in the history of Disco, all are now gone.
The CR has since thrived thanks to it being based in Freelancer lore and developing it's own history in Discovery.

Username removed

Meh, no idea what to think of it...my bro is in this stuff though, he said its quite nice.
' Wrote:[...]
// yes i got the name from star trek (could not think of anything cool). Im trying to make this in to a group
// any feedback / ideas would be niceprofit.
Short:
No.
  • the history clearly needs improvements in comparison to the other information you've given
  • too much import: the name of the group is not the only thing that comes from Star Trek (Nagus, latinum etc.)
What about trying to take a Freelancer view, and SLOWLY "converting" attitudes from the Ferengis (-ies or -whatever) into a Freelancer group?
This way you won't end up with a clear import from your favourite show:D
I would also beg to differ, you stated in a line:
Quote:But in 803 A.S. after the nomad war and they talked about a alien race long gone who left the nomads behide. The press called the alien race the Daam K'Vosh Empire. But this group knew they really knew they were called the Ferengi.

Clarify this please, do you want to say the Daam K'Vosh = Ferengi? If this is the case: "lolno".
look its a work in progess i am working on things
Pages: 1 2 3 4