Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Role Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well in the last couple months I've come across very little of what this server advertises as role play. So far I've experienced the following:

- Gank Squads
- Pirates demanding 10 mil knowing full well the person cannot pay it (just looking for a way to get a kill in)
- Official factions making demands contrary to their ID/IFF and claiming alliances contrary to their ID/IFF reputations
- Mercenaries attacking for no reason other than you're there in front of them
- Constant gunfire with no role play at all until you blow up and then you get the "lol" or "pwned" comments

So where's the role play? I try to talk to people in-game to resolve stuff, but get responses like "get over it", "lol", "its a game deal with it", "quit QQing" or complete silence. From the majority of encounters I've had here over the last couple months I'd classify this server more as PVP than RP.
Yeah well I've been looking for it and providing it. But its useless if the other side doesn't participate.
RP stands for "RulePlay"

discovery is getting more bad daily.

(point of view as 2IC of a official faction)
starting with lolwuts which are ruining others fun
factions wich try to stop lolwuttery with regulations
regulations kill fun since the lolwuts give a bullS about them and go on.
We tried that as well in the order. i must say.. it failed.

(point of view in general)
more and more idiots are playing like they want no matter if its fitting into discoRP or not
if you blame them they complain about stuff
"you are ruining others fun" what they dun get... they ruin the fun of those who play it like it should be... and so on... to tired to gief more details.

only way i see would be a "trial server" or that you have to apply for disco which would mean... much less new players.
' Wrote:only way i see would be a "trial server" or that you have to apply for disco which would mean... much less new players.

Given them an exam of rules and regulation. Though, that will consider 2 Opening servers. I see it won't work. Why? New players will get a custom on staying on the 'Trial' Server and continue his/her foolishness with other fools. However, what can fix this is deleting the character after a month; giving them a chance to cooperate what the Server is meant for (RP>PvP). Prior to force the new player to RP; "Take it or leave it", thats the only option they will have in order to get approval to the 'complete' version of the server. Complete meaning, less server commands, less commodities, ships, etc... dont know. Now, how they can get approved is by proving themselves of gathering RP Scenes, Battle, Stories, etc. Who will check on this? Having 'players' from the current Official server voting on who gets in or a "Try again later". They can be Admins or whatever.

Nevertheless, this is something random I made up.

~Luis
Man, we need to empower the people.

It's the only way.
I see a lot of RP everyday,

Navy shooting pirates
Pirates shooting Transports
Transports moving goods
Goods being mined
Miners being shot
Shots being evaded

RP is out there everywhere.
but if you mean you want to talk to people.... well talk to people.
' Wrote:Given them an exam of rules and regulation. Though, that will consider 2 Opening servers. I see it won't work. Why? New players will get a custom on staying on the 'Trial' Server and continue his/her foolishness with other fools. However, what can fix this is deleting the character after a month; giving them a chance to cooperate what the Server is meant for (RP>PvP). Prior to force the new player to RP; "Take it or leave it", thats the only option they will have in order to get approval to the 'complete' version of the server. Complete meaning, less server commands, less commodities, ships, etc... dont know. Now, how they can get approved is by proving themselves of gathering RP Scenes, Battle, Stories, etc. Who will check on this? Having 'players' from the current Official server voting on who gets in or a "Try again later". They can be Admins or whatever.
Nevertheless, this is something random I made up.

~Luis

voting sounds good.

there would be some trolls who vote no for the lulz which wont matter if whole community can vote.

otherwise... possibly some player will be bored of the polls fast and just klick yes everytime they see it without reading anything...

so better make a council or anything which reads through
' Wrote:voting sounds good.

there would be some trolls who vote no for the lulz which wont matter if whole community can vote.

otherwise... possibly some player will be bored of the polls fast and just klick yes everytime they see it without reading anything...

so better make a council or anything which reads through

Not saying the whole community, but a "council..." as you stated.
Let me gues,
all those responses where in new york of around it?

go to omicron minor or alpha they have good roleplay
' Wrote:go to omicron minor or alpha they have good roleplay

nice lol to start a day. good job, mate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6