Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: LSF System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I know I have heard it kicked around in other threads and I am not sure if there is a thread for it already.

So, is the LSF ever going to get a system or base?

Anyone not think the LSF should have one?

If the developers were or are going to make one what does everyone want to see in it?
Nope. =LSF= Will be buying ontario for 4.85 though, *waits for flames*
thing is, the LSF dont have any systems for themselves, or even NPCs for themselves. making all of that stuff, i think it may take a bit of time, and i dont think time is something that most have in abundance.

dont get me wrong. id love to see a LSF system, but remember what they are. they are the Intelligence branch of the liberty goverment. they are mostly working undervcover, like detectives. so, they shouldnt have patrols, which makes it obvious that they are LSF. them having a system, well they pretty much control liberty, along with the navy, while the navy does all the hardcore fighting, the lsf is the one that would provide them navy with intel about enemy positions etc, thats how i see it.

so, i dont think the LSF need a system/ npcs

yes, they could do with at least just 1 base, where they sell the id, and certain ships/equipment, but apart from that, no, i dont think the LSF needs anything.

on a thoughtful note, how about a stealth fighter line, for the Stealth ops guys, like the LSF, and assasins, etc.?
just a LF HF VHF and maybe a bomber. nothing bigger?

LSF should not have a guard system, a base og mix system with navy is ok

edit: is the raven claw not a LSF ship ????
the raven claw is pretty much and LSF ship, but tbh, i dont like it. why? cuz it really dont look freelancerish to me at all.

also, not to mention every new person that u see in liberty, is buying it cuz of its 8 gun slots who can afford only a fighter.

but thats a different story altogether. this threads about the LSF, so, lets discuss!!!:P

I can't keep sniper waiting... so here it comes

NOT ONTARIO

As I see it the reasons why you want it are:

- blockade the fast way between California and Colorado for pirates

- have a system that is very easy to access for you

------------------
This would unbalance Liberty compared to other houses... let's see

Bretonia

From the main Molly Base in Dublin you get anywhere in Bretonia really fast:

JH to Edinburg, Chester (NewCastle), Leeds (trough that to Cambridge), New London

Rheinland

From Vogtland:
Stuttgart, New Berlin, Omega 11.. Frankfurt (a short flight) - trought that to Hamburg

Kusari

Quite a few jump holes right next to Kyoto. Honshu, Sigma 13 (even faster way to Honshu), Hokkaido -> Kyushu, , Tohoku (to Delta), Tau 63 (to Aplha trough guard systems)

Liberty
From Buffalo....
Texas....
New York (nice)..

and that is just about all... yes you can go to Cali from Texas.. but still compared to other houses it will be pretty bad if you blockade Ontario.

Also notice that all these other main pirate factions have a guard system to run to right next to the main base.. and the Rogue one is... uhh in Galileo :$

---------------------------------------
Most logical LSF system for me is Alaska.

But as it is included in SP and it should remain possible to go trough there. You probably won't be allowed to mod just anything you want there..... but still there is quite some space left there.

-----------------------------------------
On a side note:
(this is not to flame, and don't take it personally.. it's just my look on things)

LSF is still RolePlaying Liberty Police, LSF and Liberty Navy at the same time. You said some 2 weeks ago that you will change your roleplay somehow.. I'm still waiting.

If you want to keep doing what you do... no problem for me. But maybe merge with SA and change the name and ID you use. Every Navy has an intelligence branch. So you can still be doing some intelligence missions. Or call the faction "Liberty Forces" and have the intelligence ships LSF ID and the other ones Navy ID.
I say give them a base, even in Alaska. Not a system though. The secret intelligence group doesn't need a system, just a base. Alaska is perfect in that its already restricted. So put a modest LSF base in there and that will fit in perfectly with the RP of the system anyway.

Ontario should stay open for obvious reasons.
Alright, whatever you say:).. im trying my best to work on our roleplay, i already have some ideas of what im going to do..

Soo, to make you all happy, we won't be buying a system, a base, or anything.
i d back that up - a heavily patrolled guard base in alaska would be fine. alaska is huge and only a very narrow corridor is used by players. if needed, - just place the base on the other side of the sun, so it doesn t disturbt the singleplayer.

alaska "feels" like the better choice. its secluded and somewhat backed up by rumors about it. - the LPI could have a more central guard system - the navy, too, i guess. but the LSF should better hide somewhere. ( its not often used - but FL is still a space simulation - so bases and structures must not necessarily only be placed horizontally - why not place a base way below the ecliptic )

i would even think that a base IN newyork - inside zone 21 would fit in well. - but then, i dont use ontario. i just went there once to map it - and thats it. so - in a way, i wouldn t really care much.
They have a base in Alaska ... Those who know, will know why.

Hood
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5