Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Red Hessians, LWB and Bundschuh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ***

[Image: VolgogradIndustrialChairmanpicture2.jpg]

[font=Agency FB][color=#000000]PRIORITY: [color=#009900]High
ENCRYPTION: High enough to keep any unwanted parties out
IDENTIFICATION: Jeremy Porter, Chairman of Volgograd Industrial
SOURCE: Zhukovsky Station, Omega-52 system
SUBJECT: Establishment of trade between the Coalition and your groups

Glorious comrades of the Hessians, Bundschuh and LWB, I bid you greetings. I am Jeremy Porter, recently appointed Chairman of Volgograd Industrial. Now that the atmosphere within the Coalition has cooled down, Premier Katz has seen the time right to establish a State-owned corporation. My work within the Coalition following the bombing of JiangXi made me a suitable candidate to head such an endeavour.

It gives me the honour of being able to personally contact representatives from other groups all across Sirius. I am especially honoured to be able to contact our long-standing allies - you. Revolution in Rheinland is closer than ever and it is thanks to your efforts.

But I am not contacting you to discuss the expansion of the revolution, but rather the means to continue to fuel it. Volgograd Industrial would like to establish trading routes with your various bases dotted all across Rheinland and the border worlds surrounding it. Before entering the discussion of details, I shall pause to allow representatives from each faction to respond expressing whether they would be interested in establishing these trade routes.

I eagerly await your responses.

[Image: vind-1.png]

[font=Agency FB][color=#FFFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION TERMINATED ***
(---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---)

-)Comm. ID: [color=#FFFFFF]Vorstand Freya Eistochter(-
-)Location: Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt(-
-)Subject: Trade(-
-)Video link: Established(-

[Image: VF-trans-image.gif]

[font=Agency FB]Guten Tag Herr Porter,

It would be a lie to say that the Bundschuh Partei is very fond of the Coalition, but supplies are always needed and it would be foolish to dismiss such an opportunity on the basis of minor ideological differences. As such we are willing to hear what you have to offer.

Freya Eistochter
Vorstand of the Bundschuh Partei
Oberst of the Volksfront

[font=Courier New][color=#009900](---END TRANSMISSION---)
Message to: Jeremy Porter, Volgograd Industrial
Comm ID: Oberleutnant Karl van der Riess, RHA Armament & Acquisitions

The Red Hessian Army is as always interested in trade and exchange of goods. We would be particularly interested in nuclear-based fuel (MOX), as well as exotic metals and specialty electronics. We have an abundance of more mundane supplies (perishables, food supplies, mining equipment and of course red diamonds) which are available for trade. We also have other supplies which can be obtained through the use of our supply ring and/or foreign allies and supporters.

We'll be looking forward to your propositions.

Regards,
Karl van der Riess
RHA A&A

SUBJECT: RE: Establishment of trade between the Coalition and your groups

Vorstand Eistochter, if there is one thing in business that I appreciate, it is honesty, which you have just used with me. Oberleutnant Riess, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance I am glad that both yourself representing the Red Hessian Army, and Vorstand Eictochter representing the Bundschuh Partei are interested in trade.

A revolution always requires a fuel source, both metaphorically and literally. The metaphorical version is the human spirit - but I'm sure you don't need me to talk to you about that.

Volgograd Industrial is more interested in the literal side of the operation. H-Fuel and Engine Components. Without both of these materials the Bundschuh Partei and Red Hessian Army would be unable to combat the Rheinwehr and Bundespolizei, as well as effectively spread your message our amongst the stars. The Coalition is capable of exporting both of these to you, as well as other things: Light Arms and Pharmaceuticals primarily.

While our factories on Volgograd and JiangXi are capable of manufacturing the things needed to build the ships, we find that securing the supplies needed for this to be a tricky process. Which is where our friends come to our rescue.

What the Coalition requires to make Engine Components are High-Temperature Alloys and Superconductors. These themselves require a variety of different materials to manufacture. I have isolated the materials I believe you would be able to procure for us: cobalt and copper. If we can establish a secure and reliable flow of these two resources to our production factories, then Volgograd Industrial will not only be able to produce ships for the Coalition, but also supply your movements with all of these parts.

There is also the "blood" diamond trade. Diamonds are an essential part of any manufacturing process for their high rating on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, and you have a large supply of these. Other materials that Volgograd Industrial could find extremely useful include polymers, hydrocarbons, super alloys and boron - all needed for the manufacture of modern ship hull panels, which we could then supply to you. Mining machinery to continue to extract resources from Volgograd and JiangXi could also be a possible import.

I'm talking about too many things at once and getting my head in a tumble. *Chuckles* The priority for now is the supply of cobalt and copper.

[font=Agency FB]Guten Tag!

So it is cobalt and copper you want? Hmm, as you might know, the Bundschuh barely produces anything themselves as we are first and foremost politicians. However we are able to acquire cobalt, copper and mining machinery from various places inside or near Rheinland and we sometimes are able to intercept transports carrying such goods. In the last case we of course happily bring it to you instead of to the factories that fuel the Rheinland warmachine.

Unless you deem it more efficient to directly acquire these goods from groups like the Junkers or the IMG, we would happily take up the role of deliverer for a little.

And as for what we require ourselves. You are correct, though Light Arms we need only in limited numbers, pharmaceuticals are always in high demand as they are difficult to get by. H-fuel is always required and engine components we need some too, though not many as we need them mostly for repairs, because we do not produce our own line of vessels.

Freya Eistochter
Oberst of the Volksfront

Vorstand Eistochter, the Bundschuh Partei producing very little resources of its own is of no concern to me, as I understand how most supplies reach your organisation. We're giving your group, as well as the Hessians and LWB the chance to make a profit from sending us any cobalt, copper and mining machinery you happen to... find - be it in the mining fields of Omega-7 and Omega-11 or, more likely, in the cargo hold of a Republican Shipping Train.

While yes, it would be far easier to purchase these types of items from the Junkers or IMG, I do not believe our money funding their endeavours would benefit us. As you were honest with me, so shall I be honest with you, Vorstand. Offering to purchase these materials from your organisations would encourage you to target transports hauling these goods more. Rheinland's ship production capability diminishes, while that of the revolutionary groups operating in Rheinland and the Coalition soar. We all benefit if these goods are acquired this way - if we bought these resources from the Junkers, our money would probably be used to fund some illegal trading operation, such as those for cardamine and artefacts.

I am glad to hear that you are interested in the commodities we have on offer for trade. Now all that needs settling is the question of price per unit for our exports to you, and the price we pay you for the imports to us. I have yet to consider the question myself, and I'm sure we can get some people to calculate fair prices, but calculations don't take into consideration human opinion. What do you believe to be fair prices, Vorstand?

To be honest, I do not really have a clue as to what it would be worth. My guesses would be around between the 1000 and the 2000 credits per unit. You tell me the exact price, I am no economic.

Freya Eistochter
Oberst of the Volksfront

Vorstand Eistochter, now that I have had time to ponder the question I believe I have come up with prices which I believe are good starting prices. Once you have determined whether these prices are too high or too low, we can gradually find the price which suits both of us. These rates also apply for the Red Hessians and LWB who have access to this channel.

Commodity - Delivery point - Price paid per unit (in credits, these prices do not include what you receive from the station commodity dealer)

Cobalt - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo - $1,200
Copper - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo- $1,100
Polymers - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo- $700
Hydrocarbons - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo- $700
Super Alloy - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo - $1,400
Boron - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo - $800
Mining Machinery - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo - $700
"Blood" Diamonds - Boa Vista Station or Porto Novo - $600

These are the prices we'll pay for every unit. Granted we're not expecting a continuous flow of all of these goods - we're just giving you a place to sell any resources you find which may not be as useful to you as they could be to us. Using most of the materials above we could then make things which are useful to you and sell them back, such as engine components and ship hull panels used in the repairing of your ships.

I have yet to consider the prices you would offer us for things you need. You may create a draft of what you consider fair, based upon the figures above. If you consider my offers generous, I would appreciate the same from your offers. If you consider my offers too low, have this reflected in the prices you offer for our goods or tell me and I can draft new prices.

Those prices seem fair to me. Perhaps the Hessians prefer a higher price for their Blood Diamonds, but we don't deal with those things ourselves so that doesn't matter for me.

As for the prices we are willing to pay I thought something like this, also including a limit as we are a relatively small group and we must be careful not to spend all our money by buying more than we need.
(Commodity - Base - Price - Limit):

H-fuel - Bruchsal - $1,800 - 17,000 per month
Engine Components - Bruchsal/Cloppenburg/Eltmann - $2,200 - 5,000 per month
Pharmaceuticals - Bruchsal/Cloppenburg - $600 - 15,000 per month
Light Arms - Bruchsal/Cloppenburg/Eltmann - $1,200 - 8,000 per month

I hope you find these prices acceptable and keep in mind that these count only for the Bundschuh, the others revolutionary groups can present their own prices, limits(if any) and delivery points of course.

Freya Eistochter
Oberst of the Volksfront

Vorstand Eistochter, those prices are fair to me. While I understand that the Hessians have customers in Liberty and other places who are willing to pay more for the diamonds, for the moment we are not. They're not a priority for us.

Shipments to those stations shall begin immediately.

Pages: 1 2