Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gold wing and Special Operations recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font=Palatino Linotype]

[Image: goldwing.png]
Gold Wing - [color=#FF0000]CLASSIFIED

Gold wing is a special operations unit within the Liberty Navy. This thread is designed as a method opening up the recruitment process to all members of the Navy, rather than headhunting specific indiviuals within the faction to do so. This post is a direct response to criticism of Gold Wing, that is was a faction within a faction, and members tended to hold a higher status than those within the rest of the [LN]. This was never our intention with Gold Wing.

The [LN] high command felt the need to address the situation in as open and straightforward a way as possible, in an out-of-roleplay manner.

So to cut to the chase...

[font=agency fb]Gold wing recruitment is open.

- How do I apply?

This is fairly simple. Put a note in this thread stating your intention to join Gold wing and our special operations program, then fill out the three questions below, and send them via PM to Ryummel (our special operations Captain) or JihadJoe (current [LN] leader). They will consider your application, and then invite you to be interviewed for your position in Gold Wing.

- What will be required of me?

Gold Wing applications will be considered entirely on merit. Your personal aptitude to the sort of roleplay we involve ourselves in, and ability to work as part of a very tight team will be considered. Gold Wing, as all special operations units, is an elite unit, in a roleplay sense. In order to reflect this, we need to be certain that it will function in an effective and cohesive way. You will require a good knowlege of Liberty law, as well as faction lore.

Also, to further reflect the rather terrifying nature of special operations units, there will be some fairly intensive PvP training for members. Focusing not just on individual combat skills, but on teamwork and strategy. Each one of you will be taught to lead in a combat situation. However, the will to learn is more important than your current combat or leadership ability.

- Can I use my regular [LN] character as my Gold Wing character?

In short, no. This is in order to maintain the roleplay idea of plausible deniability, as well as not compronising the integrity of your regular character. The Navy as a whole is largely ignorant of the actions of Gold Wing, so as to maintain secrecy as much as possible. These are roleplay considerations.

- Realistically, what are my chances of getting in?

That depends on a number of things. Your personal aptitude to special ops roleplay, the sincerity of your application, will to learn all that will be required of you, and ability to operate as part of a team. Interpersonal conflict is something we all wish to avoid, and it becomes even more important in a small group such as this. Your chances also depend on the number of people already within Gold Wing. There is no set maximum number of Gold Wing operatives (up to the point the prime numbers start looking silly, that is), although your chances of entry do decrease the more people we have. We will only accept those who we are absolutely certain will work well in this environment.

- So where are these questions then?

Right here...
  • Why does Gold Wing and special operations in general appeal to you, as a player?
  • What do you think you could bring to Gold Wing and our special operations work?
  • How do you think a special operations unit should work with regards to the [LN]?
Good luck ladies and gentlemen. We look forward to all sorts of devious and shady goings on, and your input into this group. If your application and interview are sucessful, we will help get your ship set up, work with you on producing a workable personality and background for your Gold Wing character, start the required PvP training, and start to integrate you fully into the team, showing you the ropes, so to speak.

~ Joe
Hm.

Hells. Why not?

*Goes off to write Shryke a letter*

"Dear Shryke... I feel the urge to stalk you.............."
Don't care if I've only reached Recruit rank, I apply anyway (smoke)
My intention to join has been made known :)
[Image: Sun.gif]
' Wrote:
Hm.

Hells. Why not?

*Goes off to write Shryke a letter*

"Dear Shryke... I feel the urge to stalk you.............."

Sorry no men allowed in G-wing

(sun)
Alright I want in
[Image: emoticon-0139-bow.gif]
Anything happening on this?:)
Hell, yeah. Sounds like a thrill, count me in.