Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Once upon a time...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*sitting in a pub corner, illuminated only by a faint light is a man, his face nearly entirely hidden by his rather large hat, lighting up a cigar*

So well well, you would like to hear my story? How I got to this wonderful madness?

[color=#000099]*puffs at the cigar*
[Image: maninblackhat.jpg]

As silly as it will sound, I started as a fruit vendor on a planet Curacao. This planet, thrown in between two house borders, is not as wonderful place as it might seem in first place. I was never in any military, police force or anything, hell I doubt I ever did something that required a little bit of strength. Selling vegetables and fruits is not exactly a career one wants, but it kept me alive, all until that very day...
*puffs yet again*
Guy robbed me. Nothing out of order in the less luxury places on the planet cities. Rage unknown to me possesed me, I could feel the flow of adrenaline pouring to my blood as I tried to pursue the thief into the dark streets. As he was running with the loot, his hat fell down from his head. I briefly stopped to pick it up before continuing to run after him, with the anger pushing me to my limits.
As I finally got closer, I knew I did not have enough strength to take him head on, or continue this crazy run for much longer. All I could think of at that very moment was to pick that piece of stone, or was it brick, put it into the hat and with whatever energy I had left, throw it at the running man.

*pauses for a moment*

It hit him in the head. I could see his body fall down to the ground, without no signs of life. Cautiously, I approached, only to see flow of blood from large wound on his head. I felt no pity for the man, but also really weird empty feeling ran through me. Upon searching the body, I not only found my own life-savings, but also much much larger sum of credits and a hand held communication device.
[font=System]But above all, I searched the surrounding for one item. The hat. It was laying close to the body, near a wall section in the dark. I picked it up, seeing a little blood mark on top of it. Without a single thought, I put the hat on my head and to my amazement, it fit it quite nicely.

*man grins slightly as he tips the hat*

I have it ever since.
From that day on, my part as fruit vendor ended, with a stain of blood marking it visibly on an item I now proudly wear on my head. I decided to switch my interest to rather more, illegal business, if you wanna call it that. The comm device I obtained contains way to contact most of the bad guys on the planet and even some outside. With their buddy gone, I simply took his place, enforcing my way to this new society with the hat I took. Like the hat itself was cutting me way through any obstacles that dared to cross my way.

My past caught me very shortly after the incident, but nobody cared. Only real impact was that they began to call me Man of Bananas, to reflect my former job.
*slight smile*
[Image: smokingundrrthelightwit.jpg]

First I found it little bit offending, but then idea crossed my mind like a sudden breeze of wind in a hot day. Why not use the experience from the past times to enrich meself today? Being on a neutral space planet, house authorities could do little here to stop me from what I was about to do.
Silly it will sound, I rounded up few thugs, no brain ones, just muscles and we started to raid fruit and vegetable shipments that came to the planet. At first, it was like a joke for the others, who wondered why I am stockpiling so much of food in a hidden warehouses. Not long after first hits, shortage was beginning to spread around the planet.

You cannot imagine, how much missing train of bananas can do. Quite alot. Black market suddenly rose up overnight, supplied mostly by me and couple friends who did their best to help me keep the locations secret. Few weeks later, almost all shipments stopped from arriving, leaving the planet without any off-world trade route to refill the needed commodities. Well needed, you can live without them, but I guess that is just another flaw that mankind has, and my sole intention was and is to profit on it.

But all fun comes to an end, as without way to refill even my own stocks, whole situation could turn against me, with all the trade being effectively banned from the planet. Then, when I walked to this bar, I found this on the table.

[Image: jokerscard.png]

Ever since that, it is completely different story...