Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To all Residents of Omega-3, Zoners, and Rheinland Forces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Commodore Dame Evyn Hunter
Origin: HMS Craven's Nest
Recipient: Dane Summers, Omega-3 Residents, Zoners, Rheinland Military and Intelligence Forces

As I have been placed in charge of Omega-3's military actions, I will be sending these two messages on behalf of the Bretonia Parliament, as well as a third from the Armed Forces itself.
  • First, an arrest warrant has been issued for Administrator Dakun for his actions on June 7th, 818 A.S. He intentionally provoked conflict in Bretonian sovereignty through several actions. These including the importation of Conflict, or Blood, Diamonds, an illegal substance both in Rheinland and Bretonia, as well as offering money to those who start a fight at Freeport 1, a zone in which several thousand civilians, both Bretonian and non, were residing, putting their lives in danger.

All Police Authority and Armed Forces personnel will take action to bring Dakun into Bretonian Custody.

• Second, the government made the decision that, due to the station of Freeport 1 being in Bretonian Sovereignty, the government of Bretonia must approve of the placement of all future administrators of Freeport 1. This being the second instance where a lone person's inappropriate behavior has sparked conflict within the system.

• Third, to all Zoners as well as Rheinland military and intelligence forces. Zoner warships, those of destroyer and larger classes, must get Bretonian permission before entering the Omega-3 system. This policy has been in place for a long time. I am merely reminding the inhabitants of Omega-3 of that policy considering the escalating conflict.

The Rheinland Intelligence service, the Marineintelligenz, is forbidden from entering the system of Omega-3 or any other Bretonian system, as per our Omega treaty, Section A, paragraph four. We had two Intelligence vessels enter Omega-3 without obtaining prior permission which led to an increased level of hostility in the system.

And the Rheinland Military, that needs to speak to its capital ship captains about warship use in Omega-3. No cruiser or battleship may enter without prior permission, again, as per the treaty your nation signed. The RNC Stauffenberg and Das Raise, a battleship and cruiser respectively, entered the system without permission. The Stauffenberg then made it worse by insulting Bretonia Armed Forces officers when told to leave.
The situation in Omega-3 has worsened incredibly quickly, and the Armed Forces will institute a temporary martial law in the system if tensions threaten to risk the lives of its residents.

-Commodore Dame Evyn Hunter
Force Commander, 8th Great Fleet, Bretonia Armed Forces
Special Investigations Division
<div align="right]End Transmission
= INCOMING TRANSMISSION =
AUTHENTICATED
SOURCE: ARGYLE, PLANET CAMBRIDGE

[Image: flag1h.png]

[Image: devon1w.png]

Commodore Hunter,
This sounds like a workable solution, although martial law of the system is not exactly the most desirable situation. Therefore I'd like to offer the services of my organization in order to apprehend Mister Dakun with all due haste. Should we capture him, we shall turn him over to your capable hands so that he might be put through a fair, and no doubt eventful, trial.

Sincerely,
Devon Miles, F.L.A.G Chief Executive
::Incoming transmission::
ID: Martina Esteban
IFF: Freelancer
Videofeed:
[Image: 320monicacruz10.jpg]
It was shame that administrator Dakun lead almost to a armed conflict in Omega-3. Fortunately I know that Dane Summers is very peaceful person and might be well choice to lead Freeport 1. I am glad that situation was quickly resolved, without military intervention against Freeport itself and Dakun stepped down in time less than a day when ressistance appeared. I wish new administrator good luck, Martina out.

::Transmission terminated::
Comm id: Juggernought Avalon
Individual ID: Veris Arathorn

Subject RE: the hell?
Message begins:

The bretonian government cannot do so. The treaty signed with the previous administrator, the treaty of freeport one, and bretonia, guarentees the freeport is of ZONER control. Bretonia has no say of the administrator there, unless your saying the bretonian government does not negotiate on good faith. Furthermore, the situation is being handled. Zoner capital vessals are also guarenteed acess by the treaty. Perhaps as the one put in "charge" you should aquaint yourself with the diplomatic situation.

Message ends
******Incoming Transmission******
***Source: Capt. Finn. McCool of The Fianna***
***Addressed to: Commodore Dame Evyn Hunter***
***Comm open***

Greeting Commodore

As a Zoner, keeping tah peace is appreciated and during these trying times, is warrented. But, to follow along with Veris Arathorn's statement, I have concerns and am bothered by your actions.

Tah problem, or rather the confusion, is with this statement:

Quote:'€¢ Second, the government made the decision that, due to the station of Freeport 1 being in Bretonian Sovereignty, the government of Bretonia must approve of the placement of all future administrators of Freeport 1. This being the second instance where a lone person's inappropriate behavior has sparked conflict within the system.

Now, unless I am mistaken, under the Treaty of Bethlehem, tah law of Bretonia is allowed access in and around Freeport 1, but not as to the ownership and runnings of this Zoner Freeport. Bretonia law is allowed with the NFZ and allowed to uphold law against those whos crimes have been noted. No where though does it state dat Marshal law is allowed to, in essense, seize control over Freeport 1, which is what your proclamation is indicating.

If I may also cite the Freeport 1 Treaty and the Freeport 1 collective Security agreement:

Quote:* Article one: Both Contracting Parties undertake to maintain peaceful and friendly relations between them and mutually respect each other'€™s interests in the space they share. Zoners recognise Omega-3 as a protectorate system of Bretonia.

* Article two: Should one of the Contracting Parties become the object of hostilities on the part of one or several third powers, the other Contracting Party will observe neutrality throughout the duration of the conflict.

* Article three: The present Pact comes into force from the day of its ratification by both Contracting Parties and remains valid for six months. In case neither of the Contracting Parties denounces the Pact the months before the expiration of the term, it will be considered automatically prolonged for the next six months.

Again, in this treaty, no indication has been made that Bretonia law may decide the running of Freeport 1, as that falls into the jurisdiction of the Zoners.

Quote:Freeport One
Collective Security Agreement

Article 1. Zoners of Freeport 1 recognise authority of Kingdom of Bretonia over the Omega-3 system, interest of Bretonia in maintaining security of trade connections, [and] mining operations and research missions.

Article 2. Zoners of Freeport 1 consider Corsair Empire as dangerous force that poses a direct risk to Freeport population and citizens of Kingdom of Bretonia and support Bretonian Police Authority and Bretonian Armed Forces in their actions against Corsairs and those who directly support them so long as hostilities continue for both signing parties.

Article 3. Zoners of Freeport 1 on their own accord allow Bretonian Armed Forces and Bretonian Police Authority to use Freeport as a resupply base and temporary post in exchange of maintaining security of Freeport and surrounding space.

Article 4. Since the Zoner Alliance has been disbanded, Zoners of Freeport 1 declare the No Fire Zone around the station that will be based on section 6, paragraph 3, subparagraph 1 of Official Zoner Policies of Zoner Alliance with several changes:
'€œNo-Fire Zones are five klick spherical spaces around every Zoner Station, Freeport, or a Planet's main docking point.
The No Fire Zone exists as a safe zone around all Zoners stations and bases so that all factions that maintain diplomatic relations with Zoners and don'€™t commence hostility towards Zoner communities may come and buy necessary supplies or sell locally produced wares without endangering the civilians hosts onboard the Zoner station or planet.
The NFZ is neither a security blanket or safety net for pilots respective factions to hide behind, nor the according Zoner facilities are a place where Non-Zoners are hosted permanently - every Non-Zoner is a temporary visitor. "

Terms of the Policies:'€¢The No-Fire Zone is an area in which no offensive actions are allowed. (This includes attempts at piracy/taxation, the use of weapons (guns, missiles, mines), intentional ramming, or provocative behaviour such as threats, taunting or masked insults.)
'€¢Loitering inside a NFZ is not allowed. (Non-Zoner vessels are expected to use the Freeports facilities and then move on, or to stay docked when waiting for others.)
'€¢Trade vessels fleeing into a NFZ must dock. (Trade vessels are either freighter or tranport class craft.) All other vessels are not allowed to flee into a NFZ.
'€¢Violating a No-Fire Zone can lead to immediate prosecution and engagement, by Zoners or another pilot assisitng Zoners.
'€¢In case of any possible dangers authority of Bretonian Armed Forces overrun the No Fire Zone regulations if no member of local authority is present. If the force was implemented by Bretonian Armed Forces in No Fire Zone, they undertake to provide the proof of legality of their actions in 48 hours.
Article 5. Kingdom of Bretonia recognises the need for a militia force at Freeport 1 and allows local militia forces to use fighters, bombers and gunboats without needing to inform Bretonia about the number and callsigns of those vessels.

Article 6. Kingdom of Bretonia and Zoner Exploration Command based on Freeport 1 agree on importance of performing exploration operations in distant space and support cooperation between Zoner Exploration Command and Cambridge Research Institute as well as allow Zoners to keep Corvo class exploration vessels stationed at Freeport 1 without needing to inform Bretonia about numbers and callsigns of vessels. Fearless Destroyers may be stationed at Freeport 1, so long as the number and callsigns of them are given to the Bretonian Government. Zoner ships may dock Douglas Station only if permission is given by Bretonian Mining and Manufacturing or the Bretonian Government.

Article 7. Zoners of Freeport 1 request allowance to open an embassy on Planet New London and be allowed to give their opinions on decisions regarding Omega-3.

Article 8. The Zoners of Freeport 1 hold the right to request the Bretonian Government to mediate and settle disputes between the Zoners and other lawful organizations within Bretonia'€™s zone of influence.

The 12th of december 818 A.S., Planet New London,

Lastly, Bretonian law is recognized in Omega 3 as stated above. But I must point out again lad, that no where in that agreement does it make mention that Bretonian law can oversee Zoner law concerning our Freeport. Article 8 may be viewed as such, but what you are suggesting is not settling a dispute, but taking control of Freeport 1.

If there has been a meeting with Members of Bretonia and of the Zoner council, then I would like tah formally request indication and proof that we Zoners have allowed Bretonian military to decide future runnings of Freeport 1.

Perhaps a agreement or treaty should be made?

If the various Zoner administrators are in agreement with the Commodore's actions, then I will retract my confusion. Until then though, I am weary over these actions...

Finn signing off...

******Transmission closed******
[Image: AustinComkopiera2.png]
<div align="right]Location: Freeport One

"Instead of complaining and making the situation worse for yourselves, why don't you accept the fact that Omega-3 is under Bretonian sovereignty whether you like it or not, and that this has been the second incident regarding Freeport One. As far as anyone should be concerned with, parliament has the right to approve or disapprove an Administrator on board this station.

This is the second time something like this has happened in Omega-3, and it needs to be the last time. Bretonia has the right to act as a sovereign nation to make sure someone capable of administrating a Freeport is in charge, rather than the nut job that was elected."

[Transmission Terminated]
' Wrote:Comm id: Juggernought Avalon

Message begins:

The bretonian government cannot do so. The treaty signed with the previous administrator, the treaty of freeport one, and bretonia, guarentees the freeport is of ZONER control. Bretonia has no say of the administrator there, unless your saying the bretonian government does not negotiate on good faith. Furthermore, the situation is being handled. Zoner capital vessals are also guarenteed acess by the treaty. Perhaps as the one put in "charge" you should aquaint yourself with the diplomatic situation.

Message ends

Agreed on this. The very idea of Bretonian uptight bureaucracy taking control of the Free Port makes me want to reinstate Dakun as a more favorable option. That his removal was the whole point of the blockade, let the Zoners handle Zoner business, and before the Bretonian military gets further involved, when quoting treaties it is best to know your own part in them.

Genine San Savage.

Comm id: Juggernought Avalon

Message begins:

The bretonian government, again, has no say in this matter. TWO seperate treaties signed by the bretonian government show the zoners are recognised as the owners of the freeport. We zoners are removing the administrator, NOT bretonia. You do not have the authoroty to do so. Betraying treaties is not a diplomatically wise move, and that is what you are suggesting.

Message ends
= INCOMING TRANSMISSION =
AUTHENTICATED
SOURCE: ARGYLE, PLANET CAMBRIDGE

[Image: flag1h.png]

[Image: devon1w.png]

To Those Concerned,
Ladies and gentlemen, please, reason and tact is required here, not more saber-rattling. What we face here is integral to both Bretonian and Zoner interests. But it would be worth noting who poses more to lose: the government which sits astride Omega Three.

Allow me to put this into perspective. Bretonia has been entrusted with the security of the station, to say nothing of the surrounding system, deemed a protectorate. While Zoners might claim complete ownership of the station, who is there to defend it? None of the current Zoner organizations seem compelled to take any stand, rendering Freeport One a kind of lone island in a sea of stars. While what happens to that station might serve as a precedent elsewhere, it is important to remember that it falls under the protectorate jurisdiction of the House Bretonia.

Indeed, the station has apparently caused grievous situations twice now. Bretonia is very much in the right to demand more active control of the situation, otherwise there would be no point in continuing the station's defense, and where would that leave its occupants?

What I mean to say is this: If no larger Zoner collective moves to ensure the security of this station and its people, and as such enter into a bilateral agreement with Bretonia, then the House is left with no other option than a more direct influence on the actions of an independent entity within their sovereign space. The House cannot afford to have an unstable element on its doorstep, and then be called to defend it against aggressors while being told to "stay out of Zoner business". The arrangement would be entirely one-sided.

Whichever government comes into power on the station next will have to answer to Bretonia. If the Zoners wish to maintain the status quo then they must take responsibility to prevent this type of tragedy from recurring. Then they will be able to deal with Bretonia on a more equal footing. Otherwise, the House is obligated to secure its national interests. These are not opinions, but self-evident facts.

Sincerely,
Devon Miles, F.L.A.G Chief Executive
[Image: AustinComkopiera2.png]
<div align="right]Location: Freeport One

"This is just going to end in more chaos than necessary. I love the fact that you Zoners enjoy your freedoms. But when the people of a neighboring house are starting to get worried, or civilians are shot at openly without Zoner protection in an area that was suppose to be under Freeport protection...then, well, it's pointless to argue carry on an arguement with a bunch of fools who can't even seen past their own beloved freedoms to ensure the safety of everyone who passes through Freeport One.

If you chaps can't accept the fact that Bretonia is looking out for you, then I really fear for Freeport One's future. Closing the channel, I'm done here. Have more important things than to bicker with a...."

[Transmission Terminated]
Pages: 1 2 3