Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liberty Navy Admirals and the Naval Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.:Incoming Transmission:.
To: Navy Command, Fleet Admiral Hale, Strix de Mortos, IMG Directors (read-only access)
(ACCESS EXPLICITLY BLOCKED TO ALL OTHER INVOLVED NAVY PARTIES)
Subject: Yeah, uh....
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Higher than Sputnik

"Greetings to the people that're receiving this message. Being as I'm currently liable to say something that I'll regret, I'll read the message that I prepared in advance. *the ruffling of papers is heard, and the sound of a throat being cleared*

So I've never been one for formalities. I'll get straight to the point, ladies and gentleman. The Liberty Navy is completely out of control. Attacking a civilian exploration vessel while it is within a recognized no-fire zone, and might I add this is all with a dreadnought-class capital vessel, and essentially unprovoked as well, I'm sure we can all agree, is unacceptable, not to speak of being HIGHLY illegal. Unless I'm mistaken, Liberty is currently at war with the Bundesrepublik Rheinland, and the price of h-fuel is exorbitantly high due to the conflict between the house of Kusari and the Gas Mining Guild, both factors which, according to any conventional forms of logic, ought to relegate the use of such vessels to only the most dire of military emergencies.

A few hours after the above-described completely unprovoked attack upon my ship, which I barely was able to moor at Rochester where it was located, and thus put myself within the shields of the base, before my property was completely shot full of holes, I was accosted by the same primary fleet fighter pilot, who demanded that I immediately pay a fine of two million credits for allegedly interfering with the course of justice and disrupting the peace. I had violated none of the laws of Liberty, and I requested that the pilot leave me alone to continue my conversation with my friend, miss de Mortos, whom I have granted access to this channel as well.

Apparently, multiple warship captains find it acceptable to expend fuel and money on chasing after a civilian vessel. I obviously find what they did totally unacceptable, but, well. Oh, hell. Check it out for yourself, all the data is attached to this transmission. I'll not demand any sort of compensation for this, since the total cost to replace the Tunguska would be approximately nine-hundred and fifty million Sirius credits, but I do expect to see some results about this. I'll leave this in your, [color=#33CCFF]*ahem*
capable hands.

Regards, Kuba [font=Garamond][color=#FF99FF]Zenon

Attached Files:

[color=#33CC00]n/img/core/passcke$543gd]#2(89Đ¹/kzenonAAAA1/guncams/tgab09.avr¹

n/img/core/passcke$543gd]#2(89Đ¹/kzenonAAAA1/guncams/tgab09.avr¹

.....comm channel intercepted......
Call sign: ' [color=#CC0000]Fahrenheit
'
Encryption ......formidable.......
Source: Liberty

Meh. Typical of the navy-folks.This wasn't the first time and i'am sure it wont be the last. Nevertheless I did what i could to save the Tunguska but their fire power was just to great for me to contain in my tiny Sabre. However , i can still be useful and server as witness in this matter...

I'am sure we can make people get
[color=#CC0000] Burned
here.

Fahrenheit Out.

<div align="right][font=Trebuchet Ms]-----warning signal weakening
<div align="right]-------signal weakening
<div align="right]------signal weakening
<div align="right]---------signal weakening
<div align="right]->signal lost<-
Transmission; Start
Identification: Commodore Christina Robinson
Encryption: Secure

Kuba Zenon;

I've heard quite a different story from the people you're throwing accusations at. Of course I would check with them before making any sort of comment.

Quote:Calculus-Functions: Adios amigos!
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: Don't worry pal, next time I'll just shoot on sight.
Calculus-Functions: We'll see bud.
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: Yeah buddy. Don't want see anyone calling me Trigger Happy Ashfield anymore
Calculus-Functions: Heheheh
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Well you did fire at us while we were driftin....
Calculus-Functions: Hehehe
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: I'm proud of it.
Calculus-Functions: Keep chasing Navy boys!
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: I'm a patient man.
Death: QCA|Cadet.Fulton was killed by QCA|Cadet.Atwood (Gun)
Calculus-Functions: We'll see about that soon enough.
IMG|Tunguska[E]: Proud of getting the jump on 'em when they weren't ready to fight?
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Your fighter sure looked gracefull from behind birdie...
ThunderchiId|36th: gonna head to manhatten
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: What did you say, miner?
IMG|Tunguska[E]: You heard me well enough.
Maria.Martinez[13th]: *starts laughing*
Calculus-Functions: Hmm, seems like you guys are unwelcome in yer own system!
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: Repeat it again, since you look brave enough.
IMG|Tunguska[E]: I feel threatened. Help, help, I'm being repressed.
Death: QCA|Cadet.Fulton was killed by QCA|Cadet.Atwood (Gun)
ThunderchiId|36th: how high up are you?
Death: Rep.Bot.1 killed himself (Mine)
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Josh...
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: I lost him.
ThunderchiId|36th: got him
Calculus-Functions: Aww
IMG|Tunguska[E]: Big bad navy pilot is upset that someone called him out on his cowardly tactics.
Calculus-Functions: Well that ain't cool!
IMG|Tunguska[E]: Sorry about that.
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: Cowardly tactics?
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Right miner....
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: Looks like somebody wants to play smartass today.
IMG|Tunguska[E]: I play smartass every day.

And apparently this is how it started. Now there's obviously no reason for the first thing you say to be antagonistic, and after repeated warnings, this tone carried on from you. It's quite obvious you show the forces no respect whatsoever, so I'm quite surprised that you're demanding any yourself. I would suggest you go over our law again, in particular the second line of the law, which reads:

' Wrote:
Disrespect the law or those enforcing them, and severe consequences will follow.

And section 1, part IV, part of which reads:

' Wrote:Causing, contributing to or participating in a public disturbance.

This is defined as encouraging or being a part of a public disturbance, which includes, but is not limited to, verbal or physical altercation between individuals, polluting the house of Liberty by dumping toxic waste into space and destroying property under ownership such as cargo depots.

I don't like it when a civilian picks a fight for no reason. I don't like it when a civilian tells the Navy where it's battleships should and shouldn't be. I really couldn't care less where you think our capital ships should be. If they're infront of you, they're there for a reason, and I also couldn't care less about whether you agree or not with those reasons.

And you were picking a fight; you seemed ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum:

Quote:[03:29:36]IMG|Tunguska[E]: I doubt you were expecting a smartass miner to be fielding a ship like this, right?
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Ashfield....
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Boy....
[LN]-Joshua.Ashfield: What's the issue?
IMG|Tunguska[E]: Hey, if you wanna back out, it's cool. I already know that you're a coward, so.
Maria.Martinez[13th]: Look at me birdie
IMG|Tunguska[E]: I won't mind much.

So really, what we're seeing here is a smart-ass trying to goad someone to fight. Instead, you were issued with a fine for being disruptive; much later than I would've given actually. Of course, you refused to pay, believing yourself to be totally safe from any reprisals, even managing to get someone to pay in your stead. You found out that, to your dismay, your assumption was mistaken. This is unfortunate, but as you refused to comply with officers enforcing the law, you brought it upon yourself. If you believed yourself to be correct, you would have paid the fine personally and then brought the issue to the attention of the High Command as an attempt at reimbursement. Unfortunately you did not do this, but given what I'm seeing, your chances would be low anyway.

The only "no-fire-zones" in Liberty are those recognised by the state. This is Liberty, not some backwater in the Edge. There is no NFZ around Rochester. There is no NFZ around Beaumont. We decide the NFZs, not you or anyone else. If the Junkers want there to be peace around their station, that's fine, and if you violate that peace, they will take action against you seperately from us. If the Junkers ever lay uncontested territorial claim over a system, then they are the law there. Here in Liberty, we are the law, as the Rheinland forces are in the Republic of Rheinland and the Bretonian forces are in the Kingdom of Bretonia.

One last thing. I've heard some whisphers about how you intend to levy some consequences upon my officer, Joshua Ashfield, by making him hostile to your parent faction. You are within your rights to do that, but I would warn against any actions that could extend this issue from one between individuals to one between organisations.

Transmission Terminated
>>>>>INCOMING
>>>>COMMID: Strix Erica de Mortis, IMG Defense Wing, Dublin
>>>Ship Callsign: Bond Of Flame
>>Location: Manhattan

[Image: jeremyspic.jpg]

*sighs* of course the die washed
out...
Hello, I am Strix, the Nyx pilot present at this...I'll go with overkill, to avoid insulting remarks, but not on the part of the,Navy, just mister Ashfield.

Now, Ashfield demanded two million. Kuba spent al his money on upgrading the Tunguska as a mobile home. I am not wealthy, and my buffer cash reserve is in the,hands of my friend Torrin James, callsign Flamewalker. We told Ashfield, and Kuba did his best to get it paid. Ashfield gave us no time. THEN, an LPI officer (Wormwood...Im sorry i am not sure nor do I have logs, my Nyx was hit and my fridge burst open, shower the contents on the databanks) paid the fine, but Ashfield was out for blood. Yes, he was taunted. But he should,know when to ignore.

Also, I'm not going to say where you're caps should be, but why was this warrant enough to order a Dreadnought, a Battlecruiser, a Gunboat, and snub craft to assault a SINGLE Hydra?!

Tell me, if this situation were reversed, in IMG controlled territory, would you be baying for blood? You would be demanding every single one involved be punished, no? You are at war, yes, but so is the IMG. We and the Colonials are at war with the Outcasts. Not to mention to Corsairs we get in Dublin.

I can try and have Kuba be more respectful (I probably can...ok, possibly) but please see about avoiding,such a,ridiculous show of,force against one gunboat.

Respectfully,

Stric Erica de Mortis, IMG Defense Wing, Independant Division, Dublin

>>>>>END
>>>>COMMLINE CANCELED
>>>SHIP COMMS OFF
>>CHANNEL CLOSED

//and if anyone can point me to the origional picture so I,can see about a better one, please do.
.:Incoming Transmission:.
To: Channel participants
Subject: Oh dear, I've made quite a mess.
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Higher than Sputnik
"Greetings, Commodore Robinson. You've made several statements and claims, some of which are accurate, and some of which are inaccurate. I'd like to thank you for the prompt reply and the reasonable manner with which you seem to be approaching this situation.

Regarding my actions towards officer Assf- [color=#33CCFF]*cough* -excuse me, towards officer Ashfield, you're completely correct. Those are accurate transcripts of the things that occurred. I do realize now that I broke the laws of Liberty, and I realize that neither ignorance nor smartassery is an acceptable excuse for such. When accosted for the second time by officer Ashfield and the LNS-Montreal, I informed them that the Tunguska's neural net account was, in fact, relatively low on funds, somewhere in the order of 1,500,000 credits, and that I was unable to pay the fine at the time that they had charged me. I realized my mistake at this time and was more than willing to do comply with any and all orders given to me, which I did; however, rather than attempt to work it out peacefully, and give me a reasonable chance to actually pay the fines that had been levied, I was immediately threatened and my shields were taken down.

Shortly thereafter, multiple capital vessels showed up, and I was informed I had five minutes to pay the fine somehow. In fact, it seemed that officer Ashfield was encouraging me to convince someone else to come to my aid, because I had no other options. Fortunately for me, a local police officer was nearby, and I had helped him multiple times fighting off pirate attacks in Liberty space before. He believed I would pay him back if he helped me out of this rather sticky mess, but unfortunately he didn't arrive before my life was suddenly put in danger. I mean no disrespect towards the forces of Liberty, but if I'm not mistaken, the job of the Liberty Armed Forces is to protect civilians. Is firing upon a civilian vessel, of which nobody onboard has caused any harm to anyone, because they're unable to pay a set sum, truly protecting the citizens of Liberty?

[color=#FFFF66]Regarding the no-fire zones; I was under the impression that the good men and women of the Junkers Congress and the Liberty Navy had come to some sort of formal accord as to the ownership of the space immediately surrounding Rochester. Once again, I am mistaken and cannot apologize enough for my error.

And about your last point. I've got absolutely no clue what you're talking about here, and not only do I not possess any power in regards to the Guild's diplomacy, I'm not even quite sure who does, other than the Guildmasters. Again, I say this with the most respect that I can say it with, but the idea that I'd attempt to render a navy officer to be held on the same level as pirates and terrorists by the rest of the Guild is a downright lie. And, personally, I think it's good I don't have that power. I probably would've done something that I would have ended up regretting, and I can admit that.

So on a final note, I'm well aware of the fact that I broke several of Liberty's laws and I'm more than willing to pay any applicable fines to cover them. I still feel as if officer Ashfield and the captains of the various vessels around me acted more than inappropriately, and rather than keeping the safety of civilians who were attempting to cooperate with them, and the interests of the Republic of Liberty in mind, they wanted to... I'm not sure. Obviously they disagreed with something that I said. Still, it's not my concern anymore, as I don't think I'll be doing any more business within Liberty any time soon, and I may request for my Libertonian citizenship to even be canceled. I don't even live there anyways.

And again, one final thing - for real this time - the captain of the
LNS-Feathered.Pond|36th fired upon my vessel without a word directed at me, a direct violation of clauses 5.2 and 6.9 of the Sirius Codex, an action which can have devastating repercussions from the Autonomous Department of Management and Interstellar Navigation. I'd hope that it was a mere mistake on his part, and not an intentional breach, because I feel nothing but sorrow for the man that crosses the A.D.M.I.N. authorities.

With the highest regards,
Kuba [font=Garamond][color=#FF99FF]Zenon