Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[Image: small_6.jpg]
<strike>At present, unofficial factions are prohibited from recruiting on these forums.

This is under review. However at present this policy stands and any attempts to recruit on the forums will be removed without notice.

Any thoughts on whether or not this policy is a good thing are invited. You may post here.

One possibility is that once a faction has applied for officialdom, it may have a pinned thread for recruiting here in the Unofficial Faction sub-forum.

Another possibility is that we leave the policy as it is.

</strike>
What if faction leader drops a note in unofficial faction description (status):
How to join:
Just PM me.
Is this considered a recruiment? And what about special cases, where recruiment comes in stories developing characters or becoming important part of lore for those new factions?
Recruitment refers to the process of attracting, screening, and selecting qualified people for a job. (Wikipedia)

That falls under "attracting" I suppose.
oh look, my thread is gone. didnt notice it was the only unofficial faction info with a notice that join requests might be send via skype or PM. ;)

well as this is the discussion topic for this rule...what about a simple question as starter:

why arent unofficial factions allowed to recruit on forums at all?
' Wrote:At present, unofficial factions are prohibited from recruiting on these forums.

This is under review. However at present this policy stands and any attempts to recruit on the forums will be removed without notice.

Any thoughts on whether or not this policy is a good thing are invited. You may post here.

One possibility is that once a faction has applied for officialdom, it may have a pinned thread for recruiting here in the Unofficial Faction sub-forum.

Another possibility is that we leave the policy as it is.

This
Dakun, I invisibled your thread. You are banned from forming a faction still, so recruiting in advance for one is not acceptable now for you anyway, regardless of whether or not this policy is currently in place. The fact that you mention how someone can join your faction in a post in which you mention how your attempt to attract people to your faction ws invisibled is a good example of how difficult this rule is to enforce.

Note however that the policy is under review.

The ability to recruit is, I suppose, a "perk" of officialdom, for whatever reason. I'm sure players can generate enough discussion on this without my thoughts on it.
This is ridiculous. Discovery Factionlancer has become a game of King of the Hill, complete with camping snipers.
I think recruiment in RP form should be allowed in watering holes or communication channel.

Also I want to see one-faction rule to be removed completely now, due to this restriction.
' Wrote:This is ridiculous.
This is a three-year-old policy.
' Wrote:This is a three-year-old policy.
That just makes it even more ridiculous. Punishing good RP through stomping on the faces of the well-organized of the unofficial groups and upholding RP that may be stale and bad through putting official groups on a pedestal will continue to lead to the demise of any sensibility on this server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14