Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Sir Jack Fraser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****Incoming Transmission****
****Location - Canterbury Station****
****Sender - Vincent Clearwater****

[Image: Moody_Agent_47_by_BroMan.jpg]

Good day Sir Fraser,

I don't believe we've had the pleasure so I will introduce myself, I am Vincent Clearwater, the director of terraforming here at Planetform.

Mr. Augustus Pond, our director of security, has informed me that you wished to have an informal talk regarding a... contract... for lack of a better word. I won't be to specific as the integrity of these communication channels is questionable at the best of times.

Any details you can provide as to the location and more specific nature of these talks will be appreciated. I look forward to meeting you Sir Fraser.

Regards
-Vincent Clearwater

****Message Ends****
****Terminating Signal****
****Re-Sending****
**INCOM**
ID: Sir Jack Fraser
[Image: CB106602.jpg]
HMS-DAGOBAZ

*Said Duke is seen sitting on a deck chair, with a big hat on, sunglasses, a margurita, and suntan lotion on his nose*

Good afternoon, I want to know what Planetform thinks of the viability of a terraforming operation in Inverness, take a good, close look, and contact me when you have an opinion.

The Bretonian Government may have a need for your specialization.

cheers for now,

Yours, in god and in service to the Queen,

Sir Jack Fraser,
Her Majesty's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing
Bretonian Armed Forces.
**ENDCOM**

Greetings Sir Fraser,

I assume of course that you are referring to Planet Forres. Initial surveys of the planet were conducted some years ago, the planet is terrestial in nature. It would appear to be mostly water with very little landmass, etceterra, etceterra, I won't bore you with the finer details.

In short, terraforming on this planet would seem to be not only possible, but also viable. However a full survey would have to be conducted in order to confirm that there is a suitable environment since information on the actual surface of the planet is both limited and outdated.

However the viability of the planet itself is only part of the operation, I'll put Mr. Felix Sherman, our director of transportation, on the line to discuss further details.

Regards
-Vincent Clearwater

****Message Ends****

**INCOM**
ID: Sir Jack Fraser
[Image: CB106602.jpg]
HMS-DAGOBAZ

*Said Duke is seen sitting on a deck chair, with a big hat on, sunglasses, a margurita, and suntan lotion on his nose*

Good to hear, now speak slowly and keep it in layman's terms, I am not a scientist... and I tend to shoot anyone who uses nine syllable words.

But in all seriousness, this project is of great interest to us, as you know, the resource race is on, and there is an idea to test self-sufficient power plant technology, and to do that adequately, we need a blank template colony.

Also, given the pre-war pollution situation, any data we can gather on green technologies can only help us improve living conditions after the war.

Yours, in god and in service to the Queen,

Sir Jack Fraser,
Her Majesty's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing
Bretonian Armed Forces.
**ENDCOM**

=INCOMING TRANSMISSION=
=SRC:Perth Station=
=SRCID:Sherman, Felix=
=PLAYING AUDIO=

Morn, Sir Fraser, Director Clearwater.
I've been crunching numbers, and the location of any terraforming operation within Inverness presents an immediate but not impossible obstacle.
For maximum efficiency in route planning, the pickup point for supplies to any potential outpost would be Canterbury. While our transports can make a cross-Sirius run in a little over two days, the route from Canterbury to Forres would involve a vast amount of open space, greatly increasing the time and fuel expenditures. If the star charts are correct, a one way trip would take close to fifteen days.
The true size of this obstacle depends on how much work and supplies will be required to make Forres habitable. If the planet is already close to the Terran standard then it will merely be a major inconvience, however, if significant amounts of supplies or machinery are required, then the length of the project will require a set of lanes to be constructed, as the current route would increase the time required for any project five-fold compared to our other projections, and drastically increase the maintenance costs and operating costs. when taken across any length of time.
Director Sherman signing out.
=END TRANSMISSION=

Greetings Sir Fraser,

Planetform recently concluded its survey of the Inverness system, more specifically Planet Forres as it seems the best candidate for terraforming in the system. The results are extremely encouraging.
Based on what you indicated the planet would be used for we'€™ve prepared a terraforming project with that goal in mind. Planet Forres'€™s only major flaw to human colonization as far as our survey can tell is its high temperature, a situation which we can easily rectify.

However in the interest of time, the quickest way this could be done would be the construction of a solar shade near the planet in order to drop the temperature as well as the use of greenhouse gas scrubbers to clear out the excesses of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Under ideal conditions and without any foreseeable interference the planet could be ready to support humans in a little over a year. However more work needs to be done to maintain the planet after the initial temperature drop. Namely the promotion of organic life and such. However this can of course be going on while you conduct your research on the planet surface.

Now of course there'€™s the issue of cost. All things considered we'€™ve projected the cost at approximately one billion credits including the discount we give the Bretonian Crown.

One other thing that must be considered with the project is the presence of the Ivergordon Space Port which belongs to the Junkers. As I'€™m sure you'€™re aware the Junkers may not take kindly to a terraforming operation in a system they consider theirs.

Anyway, that is all the information I can give you at present. I look forward to your reply Sir Fraser.

Regards
-Vincent Clearwater

****Message Ends****