Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The death of Smeagle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
// Tom couldn't finish with this so we both agreed i'd just go with it. If you haven't been keeping up, Smeagle has the cure that was given to him by Fischer, whom picked it up from jeremy after negotiating with Death Runner for it.. lol..

Smeagle was sent back to buffalo with the cure that Fischer had gotten for him. He was grateful, it was a weird feeling for him, though. Smeagle had never shown any sign of thanks before, but now he is a new man, and he planned on keeping it that way.

The former-cannibal landed on Buffalo and went to his room. He sat himself on his chair and looked at the box.

"Finally.. "

Smeagle opened the box, and was a bit surprised to see just one pill. Nothing else was present, save the small, blueish looking pill. He picked it up, shrugged, and swallowed it half expecting nothing to happen. But his doubts were wrong. Within seconds, his eyes widened, his senses returned to him, and his heart rate had increased. But he had to give it the real test. The man stepped outside his room and spotted a janitor.

"You there! Ask me when the last time i had eaten was!"

"Eh? Look, pal, they don't pay me enough to clean asteroid fields. I sure as hell aren't asking you stupid questions."

"P-... pppp... ppppllll... PPPPP!... PPLLLLEEEE........Please?"

Smeagle stuck out his tongue, then smacked it, feeling stranger by the minute.

"What the?... Fine fine... When was the last time you've eaten?"

"Three weeks."

Smeagle clamped his hands over his mouth.

"Are you serious?! Whoa we need to get you something to eat man! Can't pirate on an empty stomach!"

Smeagle just stood there, as if waiting for something to happen... but there was nothing.

"Uh.. Whatever man. I'm leaving. Just, go get something to eat."

"Ya.. ya thanks.. "

Smeagle walked back into his room and slammed the door shut. He looked at himself in the mirror, then jumped with excitement.

"I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S FREE?! SMEAGLE'S FREE BABY! OH YA! HELL YA! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HAHAHAHHAHA! YA!...Whoo!....... Heh... hehe... Alright now where's that list?.."

Smeagle opened a small cabinet and pulled out a list. On it contained several names. The first one.. The Joker.

// To be continued.:)
Mr. Haha enters the room and, without even saying hello, he immediately starts sing.

What happened to you good old friend,
I thought you were just as good as dead.
With the days of glory just behind our back,
what is it that nowadays we so much lack?

Gone rusty are trade lanes near which we use to dwell,
passing by our old spot awakes that familiar spell.
And yes our presence required us to be quite loud,
it surely was so fun to attract all that merry crowd.

We both use to shoot and we use to mock,
outnumbering enemy hated to see us dock.
And while Navy was trying hard to see us getting dead,
we'd be long gone partying in that famous Badlands shed.

So we waste a moment now by remembering the old times,
and shame on me for having such a terrible rhymes.
In case you miss so much those long gone routines,
get a good grip man or you'll end up taking amphetamines.

For all of us the life gets oh so rapidly short,
in outer space there's no promised land in the north.
In case you've grown tired of this boring life,
just visit your friend and I'll gladly use my knife.
Smeagle quickly turned to face him, surprised by his spontaneous appearance.

"Joker!"

Smeagle stood in front of his desk and slowly opened the drawer behind him with one of his hands, reaching for his plasma gun.

"I.. I didn't expect to see you.. So quickly! And.. And spontaneously!"

He grabbed hold of his gun and slid it in his backpocket, then stepped forward a bit to face The Joker.

"It's been so long, Joker. Tell me.. How have you been? Killed any.. innocent people, lately? Hm?"

//We're both using white text?.. >.<
I've been just fine and I can't complain,
my old style I still manage to maintain.
But in Liberty these days I rarely venture,
so I didn't hear of your recent adventure.

Arrive I did just to check up on you dear ol' mate,
I've heard you've been sick and that you lost some weight.
Do tell what happened and provide me some insight,
for these cheap verses are my own copyright.
"What happened? I'm cured, Joker. No more of that damn flesh... No more, joker. I'm.. A good guy now. I've come to realize my evil ways, and I now pledge to myself to fight for the good of the people. You.. You're a bad guy, Joker. I.. Aren't i supposed to say something?"

Smeagle clearly looses track of what he was saying, pondering to himself.

"Ah yes! I'm going to have to kill you, Joker. For all the lives you have taken.. Or perhaps, you would rather do it yourself? Our past history.. I.. I don't want to hurt you, joker. But your men aren't here. You're going to die, right now, one way or another. No more riddles, man. You can't escape from this one.. "
It was about goddamn time that I stopped singing, don't you think? - the Clown asked a obviously rhetorical question and then he continued. - No more flesh for you, you say? Well... that's absurd! I've never been particularly fond of cannibals but I've always kinda liked that trait about you. And now you say that you're cured. You're starting to sound like you're one of those... normal folks - the Joker concluded with huge question mark above his head. - Yes, I've taken plenty of boring lives out there and I'm gonna take some more as soon as I found out who did this to you.
Smeagle's eyes widened, processing what Joker had just said.. thinking of the possibilities just in case he didn't make it out of this alive.. Smeagle smiled a bit, then tried to cover it up with a frown.

"You've met him before. An outcast.. Goes by the name of 'Death Runner.' You know of whom i speak, yes? Sarissa captain.. rude.. but dangerous none the less. He gave me a cure. Rather, gave someone else a cure which then gave it to someone else and then found it's way to me.. But. Joker.. You ignore the fact that I am going to kill you. Here, and now. Maybe this will help you realize your future."

Smeagle pulled out the plasma gun from his back pocket and aimed it at the Joker.

"Any last words? Something witty to say now, joker? Want to plea innocent for all of those lives you have taken?!"
In that case I plead not guilty, your honor, and I declare myself mentally unfit for the trial. Also, I gotta few objections regarding these proceedings and I hold myself in contempt of this 'ere court. For indefinitely. Do you want me sing about that as well?
Smeagle sighs deeply and lowers his head. He thinks to himself for a moment, then returns his gaze to Joker.

"No.. Joker. No more games. But.. I guess it doesn't matter whether you take this seriously or not. You're dieing right here, right now, either way."

Smeagle sighed heavily once more, turned his eyes away for a moment in regret, then looked back.

"Goodbye.. Joker."

Time slowed completely, Smeagle's heart was beating rapidly. His finger slowly closing the gap between the trigger and handle. But then, everything stopped. Smeagle released his grip on the gun completely, letting it drop to the floor. His heart skipped a beat, now slowing time down even more. Smeagle's eye's widened at the pain that now consumed his body. The former cannibal looked around slowly, seeing only darkness and blood. He slowly tilted his head down, finding the silver reflection of his pale face on a sword that now eased itself out from his body. The reflection disappeared along with the sword. Smeagle's limb body fell to the floor, landing on his knees.

"H-.. How?! WHO?!"

Joker stood in front of him, not looking at the now dieing Smeagle but behind him.

"I am your Assassin, Smeagle."

"T-... Tell me. Why?.. Who.. Who sent you?"

Smeagle spat up blood and clutched his stomach, gritting his teeth and kneeling over in pain.

"Smeagle.. Murderer.. Demon from hell itself.. You ask me why?"

"No.. No! I'm.. I'm not him! I've given up my evil ways!"

"Death... could not allow you to live..."

Smeagle fell on his side.

"I-.. I see.. "

Smeagle began to close his eyes, accepting his demise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smeagle lay on the floor, still covered in blood and unable to move. There was nothing.. nothing but the darkness of hell surrounded him. His eyes were closed.. But something urged them to open slightly. He did so, then in a shock of amazement and awe he darted his head up and began to stare into the darkness. What he stared at was beyond hell itself, beyond anything at all. He stared into a land of green fields and flowers. A thriving city with families and friends all living peaceful lives. Everyone was smiling, the children, parents, elderly.. Everything had a sense of gleam about it.

Darkness soon consumed the edges of this happy world, fires started in the city, the families picnicing in the park were slaughtered, their bodies set ablaze and only ash left behind. The skyscrapers crumbled, the trees fell, and the world of tranquility was dead.

Smeagle closed his eyes and began to cry for the first time, not knowing what was in store for him, seeing the evil rule over the good, the humble and peaceful being slaughtered, and the pain that now surrounded him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Into darkness he fell once more. This time, literally. The stares continued nonstop, Smeagle tumbling the entire way. His bones broke, his skull fractured, and the pain of the world now ceased him by the throat.

The former cannibal landed in a pile of bones, dead bodies fresh and old littered the place. Everything was dark, but yet it seemed as though every dead piece of flesh and bone gave off their own light. He could not move, for the fall had crippled him too severely. Smeagle could only lie there and await his fate. It wouldn't be long, though. The cracking of skulls and the thud of a foot on flesh echoed in the room without borders. A figure approached him, holding nothing but a scythe and wearing nothing but a cloak.

"Smeagle... Mhm. Mhm. Murderer.. Cannibal.. Destroyer of lives and killer of the innocent? Sound right to you?"

"I..."

"You changed. Yes yes i know."

"P... please."

The figure stepped forward a bit, now hovering over the crippled body.

"What was that now?"

"H-...Have... Mercy..."

It stood there, obviously staring at Smeagle but with no face to tell it's emotion. Then, it began to laugh. The entity also began to grow in size, his scythe along with him. The laugh became louder and deeper, echoing throughout the blackened world. Finally it stopped. The enormous figure grabbed Smeagle by the head and held him in the air.

"Have mercy?"

"HAVE. MERCY?"

"YOU.. WANT ME.. TO HAVE MERCY?!"

The figure again began to grow in size, laughing once more. Smeagle was unable to move or even react. But he could hear the screams of death and despair emitting from the demon that now had control over him.

It dropped him. Smeagle now plummitted towards the pile of bones, ready to join them.

"SMEAGLE!"

He tried to open his eyes while falling, all he could see was the enormous figure in front of him.

"YOU ARE HEREBY DAMNED FOR ALL ETERNITY!"

"How's that for Mercy? HAHAHAHAHA!"

Smeagle fell into the pile of bones, limbs splintering off and blood gushing from his core. The once evil, menacing, demon that plagued Sirius and ate the victims of torture was now gone. And for a moment, the people of Sirius felt just a little bit safer.
[font=Trebuchet Ms]Without having anything else to do, J-man starts to sing. Again.

And the Devil came and took away my friend-fiend,
now I feel sorry 'cause I couldn't intervened.
Life is sometimes sad and that's why I always laugh,
there's nothing much that can be said on my behalf.

Smeagle's soul is now a long gone bloody day,
yet another life spent in chasing too quick of a prey.
Not many are left who are worth any praise,
we will surely miss his cannibalistic gaze.

Pages: 1 2