Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Gateway Interstellar - ship purchase proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*

Origin: Java Station, Tau 23 system
Sender ID: Samuel Vale, Tau-23 Mining Ops Coordinator for IMG

Message begins

Gentlemen and Ladies of Gateway Interstellar,

First allow me to introduce myself. My name is Samuel Vale, a simple miner working for his living in the beautiful and dangerous Taus.
Not long ago, as part of the current reorganizing in IMG, I was offered - for my sins - the post of Coordinator of minind and trading operations for the Tau-23 system. Part of my duties is managing the ore storage in and around Java station. Regretfully, our station is lacking the storage capacity needed for smooth running of mining operations, which brings me to the point of my request. As the oldest partner of IMG, you were the first source for the solution of my problem that I could think of.

Here is my proposal to Gateway:

1. IMG offers to buy from Gateway eight (8) old or decomissioned transports of the Percheron - B-40-E class for service as a mobile ore storage in Tau-23 system.

2. The transports are to be equipped with NO weapons or armor, and with basic shielding, scannes, thrusters and CM launchers. The condition of their jump drives needs to be sufficiently good for 4-5 jumps only. The cargo holds' automatic load/unload systems need to be in operable or easily repairable condition, although any nonoperational cargo hold pressure seals are not a problem, as the ore can be storaged in vacuum.

3. Said transports are to be picked up at Planet Leeds, Leeds system, and delivered to Java station, Tau-23 system by IMG crew, accompanied by Gateway engeneering personel.

4. Upon arriving at Java, the Gateway personel is to remove from the ships any and all jump drive systems and make it impossible for new ones to be installed, thus assuring that the vessels will not be used in any extrasystem activities. Only intrasystem drives are to remain on the vessels.

5. The Gateway personel is then free to recover the removed systems or to destroy them in place. IMG personel at Java will provide assistance as needed.

6. Reasonable price for the ships and services is to be aggreed upon during the course of these negotiations.

I hope this proposal will meet your approval. I shall await your answer at your earliest covenience.

At your service,
Samuel Vale

Message ends

*TRANSMISSION TERMINATED*