Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transmission to the Omicroners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rwm6qg.png]
Comm ID: Captain Christopher Leigh, Order Primary Fleet
Subject: Request for use of Zoner technology

Greetings.

I am contacting you today with the backing of Order High Command to request the requisition of a Corvo Deep Space Explorer for use by the Order Primary Fleet and Order Intelligence Division.
The question might rightly be asked why such a vessel is required when the Order has access to the Resheph class recon vessel, and I will be happy to explain and set out the conditions of use that I am proposing.

While the Resheph is a fine vessel, posessing some of the most advanced stealth and scanning technology in Sirius, it is subject to the same limits as most other warships in that it requires regular maintainance, resupply and rearming. This fact puts certain limits on how far and for how long the Resheph class cruiser can operate outside of Order space away from friendly ports of call.
What I hope to achieve with the Corvo class is a retrofitted recon vessel that is far more capable of extended operations in hostile territory. As a deep-space exploration vessel, the Corvo is rugged in design and easy to maintain in a way that a piece of advanced technology like the Resheph cannot be. This rugged design, combined with less space given over to advanced military hardware and a larger cargo capacity, leads to a vessel that is capable of operating away from port for months on end.
No doubt you can see how useful such an asset could be to Order operations around Sirius.

At the same time, I fully understand that the original purpose of these vessels was peaceful exploration and that some Zoners might be reluctant to grant such a vessel to an organization as overtly military in nature as the Order. It is with this in mind, I am putting forward the following restrictions on the use of the Corvo class vessel should you grant this request:

1. The vessel shall be under the command of myself personally and no other.

2. The vessel shall be used solely for non-violent operations. This will range from clandestine reconnaissance missions in hostile space to secure delivery of vital cargo to areas where transport ships are not suitable.

3. Never will the vessel be used in agression against any faction. Force will only be used in the defence of the vessel itself or in extreme circumstances such as a major Nomad incursion.

Any other conditions you wish to apply will of course be up for discussion.

Thank you for considering this request.

Captain Leigh out.
[Image: 35bd02f.png]
[Image: 729zdjnq.png]

[color=#FFFFCC]Greetings Captain Leigh,

i have forwarded your request to our quorum for further discussion. As it is a longer process, i can only beg for your patience.

Keek out
[Image: mtprztas.png]
Subject: Re: Request for use of Zoner technology

Thank you once again for considering the request. Take your time. Rest assured I'm in no hurry.

Captain Leigh out.
Subject: Re: Re: Request for use of Zoner technology

Greetings once again.

Apologies if this seems like rushing you, but would it be possible to request an update on the discussions pertaining to this request?

Captain Leigh out.

[color=#FFFFCC]Greetings again,

of course it's no problem to give you an update. Your request is currently under discussion, we still need to wait for our stock-taking update as well as the work queue from our shipyard. I hope that's enough information for you at the moment, have a nice day.

regards,
Bo Keek
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Request for use of Zoner technology

Thank you for the swift reply.

As a point of interest though, it is possible that your shipyards may not be required to produce the vessel. We are aware of an old Corvo class hull currently on the Sirius srap market. Though at this time, the vessel is not spaceworthy, it would not take much effort to restore the vessel to working condition using Order facilities. This would also allow us to refit the vessel from almost an empty hull to accomodate the upgrades and mission specific equipment we plan to install on the vessel should you grant this request.
What we would require if this scrap hull were to be purchaced and restored, is simply the permission of the Omicroners to change the vessels registry and IFF equipment to reflect its new role in the Order fleet.
This way, your ship-building facilities will not face the burdon of producing a vessel specifically for the Order. It also gives your organisation some degree of denyability, should you wish to distance yourselves from the Order to certain, more lawful associates.

Captain Leigh out.

[color=#FFFFCC]Greetings again Captain Leigh!

I am pleased to inform you that our quorum came to a decision. We're happy to give you, our ally, a positive response. The permission is hereby granted, good luck to you and your crew with the new vessel.

Keek out
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Request for use of Zoner technology

Thank you for the consideration and acceptance of this request. Rest assured that the vessel will be put to good use in defending the human race.

The vessel shall be registered under the designation Order|CV-Hepshetsut should you wish to check on it's progress at any point.

Captain Leigh out.