Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: to the Admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ok not to start a full out argument here but i feel like i have to express my feeling on this matter i have noticed that some of the faction on the discovery server have alot of cap ships..

all i want to say is i think the admins should restrict the factions to a limit of the amounts of battleships, cruisers, destroyers, gunboats cause whats the point of the server if theres nothing but alot of cap ships flying around i mean it ruins the fun of fighter against fighter....

and im not saying this cause i fly a gunboat cause a gunboat has no chance against a squadron of fighters

im just saying this cause i think the admins need to realise that this is a growing problem not just for the factions but all the indapendant pilots that save and get cap ships

well thats my feelings on this so please dont make this into a big deal cause its not its just my point of view
First of all there are no official factions that cap spam anymore that I know of.

Second, I think it should have to do with members. IE, 5 members, 1 cruiser. 10 members, 2 cruisers and a bs. 15 members, 3 cruisers and a bs. 20 members, 4 cruisers and 2 bs. See the pattern?
all official faction have rules about cap ships,unoficial factions nad independent pilots have nothing like that.but when you restrict cap ships only to factions,and factions restrict them only to leaders or high ranked members( all faction this have now i think) then disco wil lbe less attractive for lot of players.because you still have players who will buy cap ship but they can use it with clea mind and not for show all look who i am and how big i am
Globalplayer, the entire reason the LPI is restricted to Patriots for new players (at the moment) is to discourage those that just come in to kick ass and take names. Maybe the server should adopt the same attitude, keep the new guys outta big ships to show them how to enhance their roleplay, instead of develop that "all look who i am and how big i am" attitude.
' Wrote:Globalplayer, the entire reason the LPI is restricted to Patriots for new players (at the moment) is to discourage those that just come in to kick ass and take names. Maybe the server should adopt the same attitude, keep the new guys outta big ships to show them how to enhance their roleplay, instead of develop that "all look who i am and how big i am" attitude.

Signed.
' Wrote:Globalplayer, the entire reason the LPI is restricted to Patriots for new players (at the moment) is to discourage those that just come in to kick ass and take names. Maybe the server should adopt the same attitude, keep the new guys outta big ships to show them how to enhance their roleplay, instead of develop that "all look who i am and how big i am" attitude.

I concur.

While running about with my Xeno mates, we ran into a capship piloted by some bloke in Colorado, looking for some fighter kills.

End result? Fighters strolling away through the asteroid fields, giving a casual flip of the bird as we went.

No one really had any fun in that encounter. Hopefully that'll give a bit of a heads up that a capship can be a very lonely way to carry on in Disco.
not only LPI,but i think all factions have restrictions about using cap ships. some of them have free for gunboats,some only for fighters,but using bs have restricted all factions. or no? (and i am no saying that is bad i only explaining my opinion,why is unable to restrict independents to buy them)
and i think is it on factions to restrict independents to fly cap ships. as you see tbh,benitez,and opg, now talking about something, because lot of corsairs turn to cap whores.(you can see it in council of corsairs elders.)
It's a common problem that troubles many of us. I guess the problem is with the independents, they trade for hours to get a battleship and claim to be invincible. It was the same with me, I had a BS two times and both times I scrapped it. Most important fact is, though: I slowly learned what RP is after I joined TBH. Maybe we should encourage independents to join factions. They can learn in these what RP is and how high it is valued here.
although i cannot say anything about factions use of capitol ships i can say something about Independant players and the use of cap ships:

let them be. If they spent all that time to get enough money to buy a capship (anything bigger than a cruiser, including Battlecruisers, is very hard work on your own) and they should enjoy flying it as they see fit and aslong as it doesnt break any rules because that is what i do as i have spent long enough to get the funds for it and i shouldent be penalized for it

same especially goes to the owners of a Battleship which must take atleast an entire month to get the fund just for the Battleship neithermind the license to go with it

all beacause people tend to fly a capship instead of anything smaller than a gunboat doesnt mean they are cap-whores and dont RP, its just their style of play. i myself often go for the mid-to-big ships such as the Cruisers or Battlecruisers to provide support for any fleet i am with (people who have seen me fightknow that i always request permission from the person being attacked first before engaging and when i know i will get beat i will just surrender as fighting to the death just to avoid paying is stupid) but i do not go around blowing up everything thinking that i cannot be killed although in the eyes of people who dont see this they would think i am just a cap-whore
I think many new players just traded for a BS (BC in my cause, but BSG saved me from flying it independently)... Many players started with a battleship... But yes, some wont go further.. I was there when the BS was at Ouray and I was the only one he didnt manage to kill (So he called me chicken instead). I am sure he will be there again after the server goes up...

Maybe admins and some "older" players should create a "police" faction with RP good enough to serve as a faction between the player and admin community... So deal with things admins dont have time for. Few bombers in a squad and here we are! Capships die in seconds...
Dont get me wrong... Some guard faction.. Maybe somekind of Phantoms, but willing to clear Sirius from crazy people - People who speak weird things (OORP chat) or simply something like that...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8