Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: to [M] and MMC: Information for Moderate Molly Fractions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Jack Henderson, IMG Dublin Operations Coordinator

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]=MMC=, [M] Leadership

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: jack_henderson.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Fixedsys]

Dear Leaders of the Molly [M] and the Molly Mining Company (MMC)

This is Jack Henderson, Dublin IMG Operations Coordinator and the one who in the past made very good deals with the Mollys that profited both IMG and Molly and increased our cooperation not only in economic terms, but also built friendships and widespread trust.

After the collapse of the Molly Council, the IMG found itself the new target of a relatively small number of Molly extremists. Sadly these fanatic and misguided branches seem to have found quite a number of followers, as the latest agression against our operations has shown.

The IMG tried hastily to amend the Arranmore Mining Treaty to appease these fanatics but despite accepting very unfavourable terms, we found ourselves the target of hate, agression and attacks.

Consequently, the IMG has decided to cease its operations in Arranmore field as the dangers for our operatives are far too high and we do not believe that MMC fighters can provide the necessary security. Mollys would never shoot at Mollys. But the fanatics do not understand words.

Furthermore the Arranmore Mining Treaty has been cancelled as the environment for mining cannot be taken for granted any more. It has proven unreasonable for the IMG to make concessions to fanatics as they just came back for more.

The IMG hopes that the moderate powers inside the Molly society will emerge to reclaim control, and that these powers will be able to force the extremists to accept basic agreements like an IMG-Molly no-shooting agreement, a mining cooperation, taxing regulations, etc., things we had and things that worked well and enabled a stable peace for many months.

It is no secret that I hope that the MMC as well as the Molly [M], perhaps in cooperation (?), can be the parties to take control and to restore a reasonable amount of order in Dublin before things spiral out of control completely.

Until then, the IMG has issued orders to defend its personel and operations against every kind of agression by Molly.

Molly Piracy is considered an act of aggression and will be countered by appropriate means of self-defence.

IMG Defense Wing will also hunt actively for the most extreme agressors, namely the O'Reily clan, and all that have been caught actively engaging IMG.

Molly pilots that ally with the O'Reilys are designated as valid targets for IMG Defence.

The IMG will further enforce the 10 k Zone of Neutrality according to the Revised Dublin Wartime Protocol, if necessary with violence.

Civilian Molly ships as defined in the Revised Dublin Wartime Protocol are still welcome, as the IMG wants to keep Hood as a safe place for trading in Dublin.

I have advised pilots not to attack [M] and MMC-tagged ships and I hope you also tell your pilots to stay out of acts of aggression. Being a Molly does not mean helping murderes like the O'Reily or others against IMG.

I think we can agree that the status quo is most undesirable for all reasonable parties involved.

I think you can also understand that there is not much that I can do except tell my people to defend themselves and to strike out against those that threaten and harm the IMG.

I am painfully aware that the IMG operations will not make it easier for you to convince the mainstream Mollys to return to order and reason, but standing down is not an option for us any more.

I hope you can establish a foundation that is strong enough to rebuild the IMG-Molly relations on it fast.

If the IMG or I can help the moderate forces inside the Molly to win this struggle for power, let me know.

Jack Henderson, IMG Dublin.

[font=Fixedsys][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***
[color=#FFCC33]=( Uploading Video Feed )=

~A middle aged man appears on the monitor. He has short black hair, and a very defined face. He swings in his chair side to side, then stops and leans into the camera~

Well, well, well... 'Ello matey. T'is nice to meet ye' Jack Henderson of the Guild. I'm Governor Edward Lance of the Mollys [M]. First of, I would like to say that any and all independently known Molly vessels are not to do with us, we have no control over them and they can do what 'eva the dickens they want. Don't cry about them to me or my chaps, because we wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

About this [color=#99FF99]treaty
, let me just say that it does not apply to our vessels what so 'eva. The first treaty was by the old Command, but they died, they're gone, they're not important anymore. I do however fancy the IMG/Molly friendship and support, so I will do everything in my power to keep this upheld, at least by my boys 'nd gals.

I won't lie to ye', it seems the latest treaty, put forth by the MMC, is very IMG biased, I have read, re-read and re-read it some more, and I fail to how my people benefit. Ya' see, you get to take our Gold form us the gold our very ancestors worked to death for, only a few millions in tax? I can't allow that. Ye' also get other priveleges at our expense and from what I read so far, we got nothin' back. I'm not sure if at t'e time of the treaty, you were bending the MMC arm or had some bribery, but I won't assume the worst.

I will, if ye' interested, put forward a more suitable treaty.

As for the extremists, we will try and put a leash on them if we see them in space, but we aren't always around to do so. We will try though, you have my word lad. I would also prefer you captured the extremists rather than killed 'em, since any Molly, is still a Molly, is still a brother to us.

Thats all I have time to say for now, just remember this, don't put any [M] ships in harms way, since we won't be doing that to any of you. Strongly consider my previous statement about a new treaty.

[color=#FFCC33]=( Closing Video Feed )=

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]=MMC=, [M] Leadership

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[font=Fixedsys]

Governor Edward Lance,

it's a pleasure to hear from you.

My advisers have told me that you might be one the most likely successors to the last Molly authority, so I am glad to be contacted by you.

As I said: the old treaty between MMC and IMG is history. It was good for IMG and Mollys in the past. It needs adaption now.

The IMG is looking forward to crafting a treaty that...

a) can put the IMG-Molly relationship on a firm foundation again.
b) is supported by a majority of the moderate Molly fractions.
c) is acceptable to some of the more extreme Mollys.
d) that fulfils IMG's economical premises and security standards.

We would appreciate, though, that the Mollys you represent work closely together with the MMC that has the infrastructure to make the ore trade agreements possible.

The IMG can't have different deals with the MMC and your group, so I will be waiting for the answer of the MMC representative Mr. Charles before I proceed.

We will try to keep any friction between IMG and Mollys away from our efforts to renew the good relations. It's hard to guarantee, but we will try as hard as we can.

Yours sincerely.

~He puts down his cup of coco and looks up at the monitor~

Last thing anyone needs is friction matey. The [M] wont be shooting any IMG officials or independents without any good reason such as self defense or failures to comply. In the mean time of forging a new treaty, [M] ships will continue to request funds from your vessels in Bretonia to help fuel our goals. I know you don't mind, and we won't be harsh in any requests.

I will wait for 'em MMC to answer here.

[size=medium][color=#FFCC33]=( Closing Video Feed )=

~Swings on his chair~

I'm an impatient man, especially on important matters, either get the MMC on the horn or leave them out of it. They hardly show up in space or in the neutral net anyway...

~Sighs & Continues to swing on his chair~

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Governor of the New Molly

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

[font=Fixedsys]

Governor Edward Lance,

I called the MMC people a few times and I was assured they will be answering soon. I guess that must be very soon, now.

I have some news, something that I partially find acceptable, some parts aren't. But at least we have some data from encounters between IMG and the new Mollys.

In the first encounter, a single miner was forced to hand over 1000 units of ore. That amounts to a 3,6 million credits tax, which is unacceptable by far!

I have a better suggestion: If your patrols encounter an IMG mining operation, why don't you park the transport vessel - for example - in the safe Arranmore field and IMG miners fill it? All friendly? No threats. No gunpoint "agreements". I propose a real cooperation - covert and only in Arranmore field, of course - because it would not be clever to be seen while filling your attack transport vessels.

I approached your Molly group and followed them alone to Arranmore field to talk about the topic, but they somehow lacked a speaker or generelly a diplomat or politician, so that was not much use. Just one thing I'd like you to know: I was threatened by one of your pilots during that talk and shot at, his name: Brandon.McDonnel. He seems not yet to understand that IMG and Mollys don't shoot each other.

Second encounter was when a Molly gunboat approached a small mining op in the Norternmost field. The tone was friendly and the sum of 2 million for a transport and one for a mining ships was acceptable.

What I'd ask you to do, Sir, is:

Can you think of anything that a clever guy with good connections can do covertly for the Mollys that reduces the sums that your pilots demand in space? I have heard things like "monthly deliveries" of different goods, supplies, etc. If you can think of anything that would persuade more Mollys to leave us alone (for the hostile ones) or to treat my men not like scum, or milk cows, but with respect... don't hesitate and let me know.

Thank you for your time, Sir.

Yours sincerely.

~Pears up at the camera~

Bloody 'ell, took your time. They better get 'ere quickly. I have no time for time wasters... haha-hehe get it?

I would like to get one thing of my chest, I hear you are putting bountys on the O'Reilys and the Reavers are trying to collect & and this very moment, four of your ships are at our base, in our turf? Are you trying to piss us off matey? By the time you read this, the situation will be over, so tell your lads to cancel the bounty on our boys and to not try any funny business again.

I would like to state, we are not going to follow any 'tax regulations'. Not until we get a new treaty, and thats why the damn MMC needs to reply here. So we can discuss a new treaty, until that day comes, we are flying free lads.

3,6 millions is acceptable. You need to man up, I 'ere you get 20+ plus millions for a full load and you're crying over a mere 3,6? Stop trying to conn us, we are miners too matey. We have been around these parts much longer than you have. Remember that or it will cost you.

I would also like to draw your attention to the fact of Arranmore, for now and only temporarily until we get a new treaty, no IMG ship is to come 5k near Arranmore. Wondering why I want this to be in effect? Because of the stunt you've pulled tonight. Tensions are high my friend, until a new treaty is formed, we can't be to sure. Of course, don't let this new act make you feel our relations have all gone to pot, it's only temporarily, won't last for more than a week I'm sure. The new treaty will be made and satisfy everyone.

I'll be blank, I find you're over reacting on the tax. We're only demanding 10% of your profits and a push, 20%. In the case of ore collection, and I mean us taking a set number of units of OUR ore that you have mined, it's just a minor speed bump in your vast financial engine. You should stop being such girls...

We are friends, we are miners, we don't need to go guns blazing. Remember that.

Dublin is ours, there is no way of looking around it. Already you can see a vast decline in Armed Forces patrols and the only real presence is mercenaries which are mostly target practice for our guns. We lay down the rules, you are only in our system because you are wanting to profit, without our gold, you wouldn't be interested in anything to do with us. We won't be toyed with. We will be standing our ground and putting down the line. Don't cross it.

~Takes a swig of his whiskey~

//Cool scene, kudos for the weird action =) And all the aggression in the post is purely irp! =) I enjoyed every part of the action that led to it.

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Governor of the New Molly

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

[font=Fixedsys]

*the comms is shaky, some handheld portable, likely. The angle is trange and the walls look like a hospital ward. Jack can hardly be seen, as the camera has not been aligned properly. The voice carries restricted anger and a lot of determination.*

You better listen to me now because I am in no mood to be played with, as is the complete IMG.

I was just shot while trying to do what the Mollys at Arranmore demanded: destroy Silver Reaver to prove that she was not there on IMG's call. I failed because I was backstabbed by O'Reilys.

So don't you tell me anything about Reavers and IMG. Get me proof or stick you ridiculous accusations where you want, because I don't care. I tried to prove it, but if Mollys prefer not to have it proven, but prefer to shoot me down, fine. I for sure won't try again.

I will state it once, and for all: The Reavers do not work for the IMG against the Molly.

Look for your enemies like Gaians, or Corsairs, or perhaps some elements in Bretonia who want you all dead. I don't. If I wanted, the encounter today would have looked a lot different.

So about our Arranmore trip: Yes, We went to Arranmore to arrest a madman that has damaged and destroyed countless IMG mining ships. I am talking about the O'Reilys. We went to Arranmore and I'd go to the end of Sirius to get him.

I told every Molly we want them, and no one else. And they should stay out. All did. Not Hone. But Hone is special, and I bear no grudge against him, as I know him for too long. IMG did not fire a shot at Arranmore (why should we?), and did not fire at any Mollys except the target O'Reily.

So we engaged O'Reily after he resisted our attempt to take him to Hood. And we will do so every time we can. Just get used to it. Because it won't change until the Mollys - you, Governor - step up and take control, and responsibility. If you protect people like these extremists, we will not get anywhere.

Honestly, I was hoping for the [M] Mollys to launch and end the standoff, actually, I was pretty sure that would happen. But it did not. Some of your ships landed, without providing the moderating voice that I had anticipated and that would have been needed badly.

You, Governor, prefer to reply from Arranmore safety, which is a disappointment. Because your men were lacking a leader out there. Not now.

The Mollys are lacking leadership out there.
Do you know who steers Mollys at the moment? Extremists like Hone and O'Reily.
Why can they? Because the moderate Mollys do nothing. You do nothing to stop them.

So we do act. Expect us to continue. In every way that is necessary.

About your "taxes":

Expect resistance if we do not feel as if you treat us as partners in Dublin but as ragdolls. As long as I am not convinced that you are the one to make these deals with, these will be the orders. After that reply of yours, I seriously doubt that you have what it takes to control the mess that the Molly are in, as you did not even see that the aggression is caused by Mollys, not by IMG.

If you want to listen to some advise: start getting your people under control, and then we can find solutions. If you don't start getting involved, we will be on shooting terms sooner or later because you leave the field to those who are plain robbers and bandits, while your guys are... not much more than robbers and bandits, sadly.

And if it comes to the worst, then you and the Mollys will learn very fast why the IMG has been an important helper of the Molly for years, simply by lacking the things that you took for granted, it will be small things. But it will hurt.

I don't want that. I have always sympathised with the Molly's struggle for independence.

But today has shown me that the wrong people - the extremists - control completely what is happening. And that nothing is being done to make that change.

It is your turn to change things before I will return here.

IMG will be operating in full force with heavy cover, wherever we want, whenever we want, also against selected Molly terrorists that have repearedly attacked IMG assets.

If Molly combatants or non-civilian vessels apporach Hood, be prepared to have the Revised Dublin Hood protocol enforced without a wink of an eye or a look whether any Bretonians are watching.

I won't be put into the hospital bed by Mollys that backstab me in the attempt of proving the Molly accusations (IMG send Reavers against Mollys) wrong... and then be mocked by you.

We discussed in a short video conference with the IMG Guildmasters where we want to end in Dublin. There were 2 voices that said: "If possible, friendly again". One was mine. There were other opinions. That was 10 minutes ago. Even my benevolence and patience towards the Mollys can change.

Now you better start doing something, too. Because just wanting things from us, will not get you anywhere without you giving us something. We will stop giving things to you if we think that you are not a part of the solution, which, frankly, you are not at this moment.

*in the background a voice can be heard: "Mr. Henderson, you cannot use comms now... please...the doctor has said... hand it over, Sir." *a doctor can be seen for a second, then the comms are cut, only Jack's "Yeah... sure, Doc." can be heard

[Image: MMC2-WINNAR-LARGE.png]

Quinn eya,

Sorry abart the communication Issue lads me dun comms machine went poof!'

Jack me main man sit down n chillax, I duno what dems O'Reilys Brothers got goin for em but they wnt shut down de MMC whilst i got a damn back bone ye hear!'

Listen, I duno whats all dez hostilitys are about or hu started wa, N the Reavers be fine people for us mollys if ye donate the right amount at de right time dey leave yer alone..

Jack, I dun care less if ye enter Arranmore Field to shoot O'Reilys, Dey've got my back up as much as yers lad dey disrespect =MMC= n [MC]'s ways n we need teh make a stand against em whether civil war or what av ye MMC has always been at the top o the charts fer cash but see Other molly familys such as [M] wish teh work with us n not against us ye see so we work tha right way, we need teh make a contract up that is fair on IMG too few 1000 wine delivered teh Arranmore a month should be good enough to shut any ol molly up Bahaha

*he shrugs*

Jack, MMC dn wanna play a part in yer Arranmore warz, But dn bring ye battles teh Arranmore even if it is defensive laddy... Mollys work together wen it comes teh our home n Arranmore has been me home for year we'll take action teh ensure the saftey o Arranmore regardless of difference's and intentions o others...
I stand clear on dat part ey son. As MMC won't wid respect fight near tha Hood teh expect teh be shot my IMG, It works backwards. Dun do it, we dunt wanna put a IMG down.

I wan dis teh work out for everyone ye see, so les work out some kinda contract dat we can all feed off n enjoy Dublin again ay..

Respects,

YERS,
Ciaran.Quinn
MMC Company Founder