Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Independent Miners Guild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>>>>CHANNEL DETECTED
<<<<OPENING

Source: Warden Lelouch Roux
Comm Image:
[Image: Lelouch2.jpg]

Bonjour, Independent Miners Guild,

We have recently entered into a pact of neutrality with the Colonials. It's slowly becoming an alliance. One of the terms of our friendship was that we leave you, the IMG, alone. Being a part of a minority within my own home, I believe you should have a voice in this. And if your knowledge of Gallia is any good, you should know what we, the Maquis, stand for.

We recently learned that organizations such as the GMS and IDF have actually sought refuge on your bases. The Colonials assure me that they wouldn't support these Gallic Corporations. Being Maquis, we can't allow these Royalist groups to live. Should we see one, it dies.

I hate giving ultimatums, but I suggest that you stay out of our business and we shall stay out of yours. Your war with the Outcasts is not our war. And our war with the Royalists are not your war. So let's do one another a favor and not intervene.

Even then, we aren't terribly fond of the Outcasts. We don't shoot them only out of respect of our good friends the Brigands. And from what I hear, you're not terribly fond of them. So let's make a deal.

Signed,
The Warden

>>>>CLOSING
<<<<CHANNEL LOST
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Warden Lelouch Roux
CC: Colonial Republic, foreign affairs
Subject: Gallic organizations in Tau space

Greetings, mr Roux.

I must admit our information on the various groups in Gallia is rather limited, and mostly from second parties, mainly the Council. I would welcome a brief introduction into the goals and ideals of your own organization, if only to prevent any misunderstandings or miscommunications such secondhand information might have. Truth be told, rumors of the Crown's plans for an invasion into Tau space and beyond does unnerve me, but so far, these are but rumors.

It is true that a few Gallic organizations have found their way into Tau space. The GMS and IDF being the main ones, but EFL as well. EFL hires part of Java station, one of our stations in Tau 23, to maintain a refueling post for various Gallic ships. To my knowledge, they did not stipulate which Gallic ships, which is something that might hold your interest... It could well extend the range of your strikecraft if you top off on fuel there.
What surprises me is that if, as you claim, these organizations are fully at the Royalist's hands, that Reunion station does not blast them out of the sky the moment they try to cross into Orkney. Is the Council not in a bitter war with the Royalists?

Regardless, it is not our nature to meddle in the affairs of others if it does not directly involves us. So I would offer the following compromise. You keep your conflict with these, as you call them, Royalist factions away from our stations, and we'll keep out of your business as well. Our main concern is the safety of our own people, our miners and traders. Leave them be and you should have little trouble with the Guild as a whole.

Regard,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****
>>>>CHANNEL DETECTED
<<<<OPENING

Comm Image:

The Council do not believe in harming civilians. They wouldn't dare fire upon a vessel that isn't a part of the King's Navy. Rather soft, if you ask me. Being a bit more...extremist, we believe that collateral damage is necessary in order to prove our point. Let's not get into that now, though.

I would happily agree to a cease-fire within five kilometers of your installation Java. Anything within that umbrella will not be targeted or shown hostility to. Anything Royalist not within that umbrella will be mercilessly killed. Should a Royalist, or any vessel rather, provoke a Maquis, they will be killed for being arrogant smart-mouths. I hate being taunted, and I believe you do as well. We are entitled to correct those who think themselves invulnerable. Self defense rules are rather obvious.

If you can think of anything to throw into this deal, please do so.

Signed,
The Warden

>>>>CLOSING
<<<<CHANNEL LOST
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Warden Lelouch Roux
CC: Colonial Republic, foreign affairs
Subject: Gallic organizations in Tau space

Mr Roux,

Your suggestions are acceptable to us. Be aware however that, while we are significant presence within Tau space, we are not the only presence there. Various Kusari factions also visit on occasion, ranging from Kusari Naval combat patrols to Hogosha... who depending on who you ask are either heroes or pirates. The Guild considers itself neutral to both, but I cannot vouch for their stance towards you. I am also aware that the occasional Bretonian infiltrators will head through Tau 23 into Kusari space. Kusari and Bretonia are at war with eachother, it suits us not to get involved in that conflict.

As for the Java perimiter... I can fully understand that a particulary ferocious Gallic taunting cannot go unanswered. Hopefully such incidents will be minimal however.

If you are willing, I would still like receive a general overview of your organization's goals and motives. From what you wrote I would surmise that you are a more extremist splinter group of the Council, but I would like to know a bit more. If you have questions about our own organization, I'd be happy to answer those. The short version of it however is that we are mainly deep space miners not affiliated with any of the major political powers. We seek to thrive through hard labor, and wish to ply that trade in peace.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****
>>>>CHANNEL DETECTED
<<<<OPENING

Comm Image:

The Maquis are indeed a splinter group. A splinter is what one can actually refer to us as, actually. Just a tiny fragment that can cause a lot of pain and annoyance.

The Council are an active military group that fights on conventional terms with the Gallic Royal Navy. They take a more noble and chivalrous stance when it comes to conflict and their goals. We of the Maquis follow the same goal, but the method is terribly different. You can refer to us as terrorists. Through the destruction of Royalist buildings, installations, and starships can we achieve our goals. Demoralizing the Gallic populace and instilling absolute and utter punishment amongst them will drive them away from the King. How so? We punish them for following the King.

Our motives are extreme, I can admit that, but the civilian populace is not targeted. We just happen to not sympathize with those on the other side of the line. I bet you find it hard to look at an Outcast child or woman as an innocent person. They work for the enemy, non? So they should burn with the enemy if they happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sociopath is a term to describe us. As well as unfeeling and inhuman. But if it means we can free Gallia from the tyranny of a false master, then we would gladly bear this cross and be victorious as the villain than defeated as the hero.

As for the information on the Guild? I'd gladly listen. The more we know about Sirius, the more we can exist within it.

Signed,
The Warden

>>>>CLOSING
<<<<CHANNEL LOST