Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Alicia Young; Ministry of Armaments: Colonial Republic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: crosstrans.png]
Greetings Miss Young,

I am contacting you today in regards to our interest in the Republic's Nyx-class superiority fighter. You see, Director Ruiz has, for many months now, been requesting that OSI acquire some of these fighters for her security squadrons. We sated her request when our contract with IMG was re-negotiated, but we were informed that due to the extensive fighting in the Taus the Republic was having a difficult time in keeping their current strike craft operational and replacing the lost craft.

What we would like to offer the Republic is a way to supplement your own internal production of the Nyx-class superiority fighter and Pytho-class light bomber. In return we'd like the ability to field a small number of those same craft within our security squadrons.

How do we intend to do this? Cornucopia Manufacturing, a small manufacturing firm that is majority owned by OSI. Our manufacturing facilities are all aboard the Barge-class IMG built, Cornucopia. We currently have two production lines that aren't profitable and we are willing to incur the cost to re-tool them to produce Nyx-class superiority fighters and Pytho-class light bombers. We of would need all the technical stuff on how to build them, blue prints, I think they are called. I'm no engineer so forgive me if that isn't the correct term.

We understand that the Republic doesn't want the plans for these vessels falling into others hand's, as such we are willing to open a secondary operations manager position so that the Republic can have oversight of the production of these craft. The individual the Republic selects to fill this position would receive a salary befitting of his position from CM as well as the same benefit package offered to other OSI employees.

The cost to the Republic, other than granting our use of said technologies, would be the material cost to produce the craft plus five (5) percent. I look forward to discussing this proposal with you, Miss Young.
[Image: transmissionbottomf.png]

Initiating Automatic Notification System

Notification Sent

Console Idle...
Incoming Transmission...

Decrypting... using Colonial Encryption key Co13453lae4

Comm ID: Alicia Young; Ministry of Armaments

Good afternoon Mr. Cross,

After a lenghty talk with the President and the other ministers we have made the following decision.
Our war machinery is running well enough to supply our own military. Should we ever have the need to outsource the production you will be contacted.
We will give you access to the Nyx' blueprints, but as you can imagine the work involved into the creation of said blue prints has to be paid, so the access to them will cost you 200 Million Sirius Credits.
For this sum you will get the access to the blueprints, to produce the ships for your own fleet. You will agree not to sell them or any details about their construction to third parties.

Please transfer the payment to the Republics Bank Account (=CR=ColonialFive) and submit a proof here.

We would also like to ask a favor of you in exchange for the Nyx' blueprints, the situation in the Taus has been difficult in the last months. Especially our lack of effective weaponry against smaller vessels does not make it any better. We would like to have access to the production plans of the Zoner Flak weaponry. Do you think that this would be possible?

Have a good day.
-[font=Chiller]A.Young

Transmission end
Evening Miss Young,

I wasn't requesting the ability to produce the craft for our own needs; Director Ruiz's request was for a quartet of Nyx fighters and a quartet of Pytho bombers. Our interest in obtaining production rights was because we were under the assumption that your ability to repair and reintroduce new craft was being stressed according to information we received. Given that we now know otherwise, the cost for the prints and the cost to re-tool two production lines is far more than we are willing to spend to only fulfill Director Ruiz's request for a handful of attack craft.

In lieu of obtaining the Nyx blueprints themselves, OSI would be willing to exchange the plans for our flak turrets in return for four Nyx fighters and four Pytho bombers. You get the turret technology and we get the few fighters we need. I say it's a good fit for both sides.
Incoming Transmission...

Good morning Mr. Cross,

At the current time we do not have the production capacities to give ships to other parties even if its only a small number. Everything we produce stays in the Republic and is or will be used for the fleets needs. This is why we offered you the possibility to produce all ships you need for yourselves in your own production plants.
So I can only offer you those blue prints if you want the vessels.
We can however discuss the price if you wish to. The President himself, Colonel Dioclectan seemed to be interested in acquiring access to your gunboat weaponry as well.

Have a good day.
-[font=Chiller]A.Young

Transmission end
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you Miss Young. I've been speaking with my lead engineer and he tells me that we wouldn't need to re-tool an existing production line in order to produce such a small number of the craft. That resolves our concern over the cost of re-tooling two production lines.

I've also been reviewing past communications with the Republic, and I noticed that the Republic has an interest in deuterium, for obvious reasons. Mr Mace, the CEO of Omicron Supply Incorporated has said that he could arrange a monthly delivery of about 30,000 tons of deuterium to Singapore Shipyard. In addition to these deliveries we can offer a total of 48 ZT-9 gunboat turrets, and 15 flak turrets in exchange for the rights to utilize four Nyx fighters and four Pytho bombers.

Let me know if this is at all an acceptable arrangement.
Incoming Transmission...

Good morning Mr. Cross,

Your offer seems to be a very generous one and the president himself allowed us to make an exception regarding your ships.
I will contact our shipbuilding facilities to produce 5 vessels of each type, this should give you access to a spare one if its required.
You should be able to pick the ships up soon.

Have a good day.
-[font=Chiller]A.Young

Transmission end
I'm happy we were able to come to an agreement, Miss Young. I'm sure Director Ruiz will be pleased that her pilots can now utilize these fine vessels.

We've already sent out the first 30,000 tons of deuterium; I'll send invoices your way once I have them all. I assume using this channel to transmit all invoices will be satisfactory? Or did you want us to send them via another transmission?
Incoming Transmission...

This channel will be perfectly fine. There is no need to waste time to establish a new one.

-[font=Chiller]A.Young

Transmission end
Sorry for the delay in transmitting the first batch of cargo invoices, I've attached them to this message. I'd like to extend the thanks of Director Ruiz for the Nyx-class fighters and Pytho-class bombers; I hear that she finds the vessels to be some of the best she has ever had the privilege of flying. Many of her employees share the sentiment.

Attachments: ['€¢] ['€¢] ['€¢] ['€¢] ['€¢] ['€¢] ['€¢]

Pages: 1 2