Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Dane Summers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
******Incoming Message [ENCRYPTED]******

-----------------DECRYPTION FAILED, RUNNING SEARCH--------------------------
----------------->SUCCESSFUL: Crypt: Bretonian Armed Forces Cipher ID DELTA 118-D7: CA 720AS:OBSOLETE
----------------->DECRYPTION SUCCESSFUL: Message Follows:
To: Administrator Dane Summers, Freeport 1
RE:: Humanitarian Relief

Greetings, lad. Ye don't know me personally, we've never met, but I know you. Rather, I know of you. Heard good things from your folks there at Freeport 1. If yer reading this than something else I suspected is also true: You've got good people workin for ye. I found this old hacker see, workin for the Gaians he was until they tried to turn over on him, rather than be paying him. Bailed him out and he owed me a favor. Had him encrypt this message using a cipher noones seen in oh... three generations maybe. Noone but him.. and an old partner of his that he heard was workin for ye.

Speakin of favors: That's what this be about. I owe two favors, both to Freeport 1. Yer boys saved my bacon twice now, once when the Malcolm was "accidentally" ran down by a Gateway tranny, and more recently when the bleeding Hun's mercenary attack dogs tried to murder me and my crew aboard the Bonny Lass. Both times your crews risked alot coming out ta help us, especially this last time. Came out and recovered our life pods and towed in the gutted Lass and healed her hurt enough to get us home to Scar. Those mercs coulda turned on yer boys fer it, murdering bastards they are, and yer people knew that but they risked it all the same. I owe yer people lad and I intend to repay.

As I send this, a Shire class transport is being loaded down for bear with Food, Medical Supplies, O2, Water and anything else we can cram into every nook and cranny we can find. Crew is even givin up their bunks to fill the space with more supplies. This be on my pocket. Ye taint to worry about any of it.

I heard the rumors, then saw the offical reports. Needless ta say, I'm fired up mad. I knew the Huns were bleedin insane, but I never thought they'd go this far, ta actually fire on the Freeport. 'Specially when ye t'aint got nuthin to do with it one way t'ar the other. Well, we'll be bringin ye panels and other supplies to repair the damage. In addition, I'm gonna try to talk some of the Bowex repair crews into comin out and lendin a hand if you'll take it. I know yer people be scared. If'n ye think it'll help, I'll alk to me bosses about getting the Royal Liner Victoria I ta come out and get those people off and down to Gran Canaria until all this blows over. Ye just let me know.

Not gonna include a shipping schedule or any kind of notice whatsoever. Don't wanna take a chance on the Huns interceptin that info or the Libertonians gettin trigger happy in Cambridge. Besides, I still gotta clear it with our people, but don't worry, I'll get this stuff to ye one way 'o the other, even if I gotta run the blockade with old chemical rockets strapped to me hide. Just make sure ye boys are ready ta give us a fast turn-round.

---MacFarlane

----------------MESSAGE ENDS-----------------

--------------------->CIPHER PROTOCOL A004 IN EFFECT: MESSAGE WILL AUTODELETE AND SCRUB IN 5 SECONDS--------------------

Well lad, no point in the fancy encryption now. Word seems to be out anyway. Made a drop jus' a short time ago. Yer Mr. Wheaton was kind enough to be waitin fer the drop when I contacted yer associate on long-range coms. Had a spot of trouble with a BDM, well three actually, but the one be hangin right next to the station, well within the 12 klicks that should be recoginzed as yer space. Worked out OK. A couple of Bret Privateers came in ta lend a hand and drew them off. Kept them busy enough fer us ta fly in hard, dump the cargo for Mr. Wheaton ta pick up and be out again in just a few moments. Ye be happy to know that no shots were fired near the station as the QCP lads led the BDM tossers on a merry chase away from the Freeport. Right now, the Lennox be at Leeds loading up with repair components for the station. I'll contact one of ye associates again when we're ready to make a return trip. Till then.

------ MacFarlane
******************** Incoming transmission
******************** ID verification Complete
******************** Dane Summers
******************** Freeport 1 Administrator
******************** encryption level: VERY HIGH

Thanks man.

this station and its future hangs by the strength we have left to hold on.

the supplies youve sent keep us going that much longer. I wish this stupid war would end, but more then that, I wish these idiots would stop shooting at us - they always seem too.

but wishes dont get you outcomes. only regrets.

Again, thanks.

We owe you.

Dane out.

*************** End transmission
Encryption: ExSec Beta 65S--MAXIMUM--

---------------->Message begins:

Dunno if ye Coaliltion associate got the word to ye but if'n he didn't: I'm sorry lad, more sorry than oi can say. I tried ta end it fer ye, fer all of us. His Grace put me up ta try fer em after his attempt ta negotiate an end to it hit that Hun wall. Oi swallowed me pride and apologized on open band fer somethin they say oi did but dinna even do. Was the condition fer peace. Oi offered me hand, his Grace did as well, and the Huns did slap it away. Oi be sorry lad, I tried.

Well his Grace formed up 'is fleet again an pushed the tossers out when 'ey started movin back onto the Freeport. I think ye can see now who yer real enemies be, and it not be us. With the fleet the Duke had, he coulda taken the station if Her Majesty was wantin it, or you fer 'at matter. He dinna. Withdrew back to Cambridge straight away he did. We ain't ye enemy lad.

Saw the Hun response to yer open coms message. Dunno which of the Huns is more insane. Dat one, the Kanzler, or 'de one who says Bretonia owes a billion creds for reperations.. well now the sum be 500 mill.. so at least a partially lucid moment started to reveal itself. Don't give in to em lad. Don't give an inch. Ye got a right to defend yerself an nobody canna take that away. Have ta say, the company ye be keepin have me nervous, but it clear ta me and mine that 'hey only wants to help ye, same as me.

Me offer still stands. Anythin ye need, ye just whistle. An that goes fer yer defense force now too. They need repair parts or 'th like, or somebody ta pick up life pods, oi'll be there. 'Least till Her Majesty sics my grandfather on me.. or I hears from 'er "Master MacFarlane, you will cease this foolishness at once!" Reminds me of a tim.....aww stuff it.. not gonna bore ye with that rot.

Keep ye head down.

---MacFarlane