Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Leaving for Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Junction
James left the bar on Junction wearily. He had just recieved his first message from his parents since he left for the Parabellum. They had said to come back home, back to New London to discuss the possible war with Rheinland.
"James..." said Catherine, "Our wedding..."
"I know," sighed James, "But this is something I can't get out of. My home is under threat. You know I can't just stand by and watch. Look, Catherine... I'll probably be gone a long time, but I'll never forget you. I promise,"
After sealing his promise with a kiss and handing over the keys to the Enterprising Visions, James fired up his Eagle and flew to New London.

New London
James waited outside Room 451 at the Powell Building, in the North tower. He heard the roar of a shuttle outside. James knew exactly which shuttle that was; his mother had fixed up that old Vickers Type 3 from a barely recognisable pile of scrap. Time passed, as it does, and a familiar voice came in.
"Oh, James. I haven't seen a friendly face for far too long," said James' mother.
"What about... where's Dad?" asked James, dreading the answer.
"There was a structural failure in the West tower. They never..." James' mother broke down.
"Never what?" whispered James.
"Never found the body," His mother found herself unsteady. James supported her as she opened the door.
The apartment was much the same as it had been the day James left; the same classic looks that never seemed to go out of fashion, the same three-seat black leather sofa in front of a 75-inch HoloTV set, the same pine desk upon which was placed James' ageing XD-3 computer and a model of a Vickers Type 3 shuttlecraft, just like the one his mother flew to work every day. The Barret family had such vivid memories of that place, from James' first word (believed to have been 'walrus' although James insisted it was 'joystick'), many birthdays and anniversaries and sadly, the night James had ran away for his first job aboard the Parabellum after his father tried to force him into a desk job.
"Oh, James. It's been so long! How've you been?" The two talked for some time. James told his mother about Catherine and Junction, the Visions and his plans to join the Armed Forces.
"So, you wait all this time to take an interest in your country, even after you said you wanted to see the world?" said his mother, "Haven't you talked to Catherine about this?"
"She was worried at first, but she... trusts my judgement," replied James.
"Right," And with that, James left the house for the local recruitment office.