Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Where did human race gone wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When sleeper ships were sent out towards Sirius they were supposed to start anew, now look what we have

Liberty- rotten from corruption and spoiled government that is protecting interests of the companies and not of the small man, her citizens almost slaves to oppressive elite.

Bretonia- industry centered monarchy focused on using her resources to fullest disregarding environmental care and her people welfare.

Rheinland- centralistic empire with military dictatorship convinced into its own superiority and with pretensions towards other house territory.

Kussari- isolationist monarchy with high distrust towards intruders and growing overpopulation problems wich tend to create food shortages(did i mention sexual discrimination?)

Gallia- semilawful militaristic dictatorship with frequent pirating of traders from the side of their official navy officers, and bend on conquering all of Sirius for revenge.

Corsairs- society lead by most bloodthirsty and savage members of the mafia families, shortage of food due to lack of fertile land lead famine amongst their population.

Outcasts- unfortunate victims of hidden narcotic bend on spreading the same narcotic amongst the rest of Sirius for their own personal gain.

I don't have enough information on CR and SCRA to judge them.

Add to that the fact that all of this houses and semihouses are at war at present Bretonia-Kussari, Liberty-Rheinland, Gallia-civil war, Outcasts-Corsairs (Bretonia-Rheinland?).

How did human race ended up in so much S..t.

EDIT:i forgot to mention the corporations that are holding compleet monopoly in their respective fields and dictate price- capitalist nightmare.
I thought that thread will be about our real world.

But since 'lancer is a thought-experiment based on it, I guess I know the answer.
' Wrote:I thought that thread will be about our real world.
Then it would be in other section.
"War... War never changes..."

That's enough of an explanation? Mankind is just made to be like that, as much as we try to learn from our mistakes.
It didn't quite work out.
' Wrote:"War... War never changes..."
SCRA has close to no crime.

Though we tend to shoot people whi fail their recruitment attempts.
' Wrote:SCRA has close to no crime.

Though we tend to shoot people whi fail their recruitment attempts.

I think it's bedtime.
On paper, CR is a democratic republic centered around the military.
In reality it's a military dictatorship.

As for why is humanity the way it is... It's genetical. Some genes from our ancestors that were brainless animals are still influencing our way of life and behavior. The human is territorial, the human is possessive, the human is violent, the human is corrupt and only seeks his well being, the human is suspicious etc. I blame all those "qualities" on <strike>Zelot</strike> our genes, heritage from the animals we once were.

And didn't made a difference between reality and FL because it's the same thing.
There is a reason why society changed ever so slowly in the past while these days, society goes through large changes quite speedily (In comparison).

Tradition, family, friends, older folks.
Society is slow to change ideals without new or different ones to compare to. Someone has to come up with those ideals and it happens slowly if there is no external stimulus.
Nowadays the world is a lot more connected, allowing for a far greater flow of ideas, knowledge and beliefs than ever was possible in the past.

Freelancer is no different. Humanity may eventually reach the 'utopian' ideal but it will take a good long time. The entire globe being interconnected hasn't quelled war on Earth, nor crime of any kind.
That's about as much external stimulus as we will ever get (If things go good and we don't lose contact with any space colonies etc in future).
Pages: 1 2 3