Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hunting the hunter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Saminoffice.jpg]

The cigar taste in her mouth and the fading aroma of whiskey still radiating when she breathed out was all
that's left of the night before. It was a slow day no patrols, no major incidents on the station nothing to keep
her mind occupied and away from the slight hangover she had... Samantha Marquez in all her splendour
decided to take a break from doing nothing and gracefully crossed her legs on the desk showing complete
and utter disregard for the damage her heels did to the desk's finish.

Suddenly her laptop came to life with a monstrous symphony of bleeps and sequels indicating that a new
message has been received. The sound didn't startle her at all just annoyed every last of her being....
"After one millennia of developing computer technology and we still can't get the
"You've got a mail" tone right""
she thought. Upon opening the message and reading for a bit the
corners of her mouth started twisting upwards not unlike the tail of a cobra ready to attack, the intent
provoking the twist was the same as well...

[Image: ORders.jpg]

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FFCCCC]"Some trouble you two have gotten into..."

Sam mumbled to herself while dialling a number on her phone.

[color=#FFCCCC][font=Palatino Linotype]"Halsey! Prepare the MNS-Implosión and position it in the Tau-37 system, then meet me on the
Freeport, I have something rather important that we need to take care of"

[font=Palatino Linotype]"Alright see you there"

Samantha got up and headed to her room which was not far from the office, there she changed into her
flight suit and headed to the hangar bay
[font=Agency FB]
Upon approaching the Freeport,Halsey ordered the crew to keep the ship five clicks from the station.
After that he went down to the docking bay
climbed into his Sabre and launched.
The ship gracefully flew the distance between the warship and the base
and disappeared into the dock.
After parking his Sabre,Fernando went to the bar,
ordered himself an ice cold water
and sent a message composed of three words to Samantha.

[color=#FFFFFF]"In possition,babe."

He layed back in his boot,
enjoying the sight of the Ranseur floating in space
[color=#FFFFFF]Samantha carrying a large bag entered the bar and sat next to Fernando.

[size=small][color=#FFCCCC][font=Palatino Linotype]"Don't call me babe, I'm still your superior officer
unless you wish to watch the Implosión through the atmosphere"

Fernando frowned a bit and made gesture with hand which roughly could be translated as "Talk to the hand
woman"

[color=#FFCCCC][font=Palatino Linotype]"Ok listen up, two 'lancers or mercs or whatever they
are stirred enough hell to have high command issue a capture order, with quite a hefty sum for them. The
thing is they don't know where they are at the moment, from what we know they resided on this station for
a while, we are doing some data gathering"

Samantha pushed the large bag towards Fernando

[color=#FFCCCC][font=Palatino Linotype]"Here, there's something for you - a formal attire, let's
go get changed we don't look very respectable in our flight suits do we"

After getting changed in the toilets they took the elevator to the top floor where the station manager's office
should be. They waited for about 40 minutes on a queue consisting of people dressed in all sorts of atrocities
that pass as clothing making them look like absolute douchebags in their formal wear...
Samantha quite literally flew out of the Freeport administrator's officer,
screaming angrily in Spanish and pushing several of the people waiting on a the queue

[size=small][color=#FFCCCC]"What a complete frakkin' waste of time, the useless
idiots, we should have blow this station off matter of fact of I will! I will and I will mine the place so they
don't rebuild! Arrgg what a useless bunch!"

Halsey just observed quietly how Sam was throwing a fit perhaps afraid that the next thing she's going to
throw is him, after several minutes of screaming and raging she finally begun to calm down.
[font=Palatino Linotype]

[color=#FFCCCC]"Ok, Fernando listen I think it's best if we split up, head back to the Implosion
and ask around the Cardamine smugglers that regularly pass through here perhaps some of them might
have seen them or have any leads where they might be. I'll go to Malta and try to get in touch with my
contacts throughout Sirius.

Sam landed her Sabre at the Naval starport then took a sub-orbital taxi to her seaside mansion. She hasn't
been there in about a month so on the front one of her assistant buried her with messages left for her while
she was away. Completely ignoring them she went straight into her office.
[font=Agency FB]
Halsey didn't wanted to stay anywhere near Samantha.
He was wondering how come she didn't shot anyone yet.
He then smiled and took of his blazer,revealing a bullet proof vest.
A random civilian that was passing by gave him the strangest look.
Fernando noticed him and chuckled

"Unlike me,you would be wearing diapers if someone put you in my shoes,
so don't even say a word compadre."

The rest of his day passed slowly.
Fernando positioned the Ranseur near Tau-37 Jumphole in Alpha and just kept waiting.
Of course,the attackers left no survivors.
Even if they did missed someone,he would be too scared to share information.
After about ten hours of chatting with all kinds of criminals Halsey finally had enough.
He yawned and looked at his XO

[color=#FFFFFF]"Rivera,take the ship.I'll go take a nice long...bath and then I'll hit the bed.
Don't you dare waking me up in the next eight hours,atleast."

Except for the fact he managed to buy adult holo magazines and a box of cigars from a random smuggler,
Rivera didn't had any luck neither.
The crew had orders to report to Samantha every four hours,but Rivera had orders not to wake Halsey too.
After a few minutes of calculating who would pound him less,he decided to go ahead and send that report.

"Senora Marquez,this is Tiesto Rivera speaking,we had no results so far.
Technically,there's no one alive to feed us with information,however,we'll keep looking.
Over and out."

The sun was rising...its rays were coming through the office's window straight
in Samantha's face. She woke up apparently fallen asleep on her desk. What was left of her make up was
smudged on her face and hands, her hair was a mess, and she didn't feel much better either. Half-empty
bottle of whiskey was the answer to all unasked questions. She made a quick recap of last night -
making calls with various groups - nothing Rivera reporting - nothing, drinking whiskey then contacting
more people another report from Rivera another glass of whiskey - nothing. That was pretty much it. On
her laptop's screen a message was waiting to be opened and read...from Freeport 10's Administrator
not just some random replacement put in the office and given command of the station, sadly the
information wasn't any better

[Image: Comp1-1.jpg]
[size=small]
[color=#FFCCCC]

"Amazing...nothing, nothing, nothing..."

Sam walked out on the balcony and leaned on the guard rail enjoying the orange coloured
sunrise over one of the few seas on Malta. The options were almost running out...almost. As the sun was
rising higher Samantha took a deep breath and as if revitalized and refilled with new determination
walked like a torpedo ready to cut through armour plating.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FFCCCC][color=#FFCCCC]"I'd like coffee Rosa, thank you"

Was the order given to her assistant on the way to the bathroom. After spending almost an hour of taking
a shower and doing her make up she emerged ever so classy, not skipping the regular 15 minutes of looking
in the mirror boosting her ego so much that if it could be measured it will definitely brake the scanner.

"Riiight, let's see if this will work"

Samantha browsed something on her laptop for a while 'till her coffee was ready, then started the
messaging application and relaxed in her chair.
[font=Palatino Linotype]

[color=#FFCCCC]"Hello there Silver, how's killing been treating you? Anyway...I have something rather
delicate that might need your touch. I need to find some punks who think they are Bonnie and Clyde
reincarnated. They've killed our people and distributed our "business", the thing is nobody here knows where
their trail went, so here I am asking for your help. Could use your hmm instinct *laughs a bit* to help us
locate them. The catch is we want them alive, but if you do manage to locate them there is sure to be
something for your trouble apart from a bottle of whiskey and classy Maltese cigars if you visit my villa.
So...interested?

P.S Keep it up with those bounties I love seeing the navy pour more and more creds to the MercNet to
fulfil their part of the deal"
Kalliste Silver for few, or Silver of Reaver Merc. Co. for many, was finishing prepping the last bounty claims.

The Blood Money was in it's slow hours, and she often was there to deal with the paperwork, since both Crimson and Copper were still enjoying their respective vacations.

Paperwork that often drove her mind insane. Repair bills, requests, new bounties, application requests, prospects, the works.

"How the hell do i have time to-"

Her thought was cut short by the beep of her data comm. While nothing new.. She felt something.

Her eyes turned slowly to it, for its sound.. had an tone or an impression well known to her.
Her heart felt it.
Her senses told her so.

A hunt was about to begin.

While the message was being displayed, her smirk was evident.. That soon turned to that old predatorial grin.

She replied to it with a smile and a cigar. Since she needed a good hunt. And some nicotine.

[Image: commslinksilver.png]

Samantha Marquez.. Leader of the 13th.
I am.. touched that you think that my skill-set is needed by the Maltese Navy.

*Lights up a cigar*

I am also very glad you like my work.. It's always good to be apreciated.

*Grins*

And now you bring me preys to hunt..
Ones that you want alive.

*Puffs the cigar*

For that, knife work is called.. And by the looks of it, the targets escaped the Maltese Navy reach.

*Her grin turned feral*

For that alone, that makes me interested.
So ye, who, when, how, what and how much?

Bye bye,
Silver.

[Image: commslinkend.png]
Samantha was utterly pleased with the message she got back from Silver.
"Saving the best for the last" she thought while taking a moment to enjoy her mini-success. She quickly
made a request to high command to send her the needed dossiers, then got up and headed to the door.
What started as a terrible hungover morning turned into a quite pleasant day. Sam walked through a
corridor adorned with pictures of atmospheric and space fighters which connected her office to the main
lobby of the mansion, she went through a couple of doors until reaching a stairway leading to the lower
levels where the servant's quarters were located. All of those servants stoop up at attention as if they were
soldiers in the military when she walked in.

For some reason Samantha adored this place, she spend most of her childhood here almost underground,
the living conditions now were enormously greater than what they were back when she was just a slave
child with her family here

[color=#FFCCCC][size=small]"Rosa,"
she turned to her personal
assistant [font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FFCCCC]"You are all free for the rest of the week, go some
place nice, I've transferred you a sort early payment"

Upon completing this act which supposedly would grant her place in paradise (or some Corsair toilet for that
matter) she went back to her office, where the the files she requested from naval command earlier
were waiting for her on the screen. She quickly copied them and forwarded them to the messaging
application

[Image: Untitled-2-10.jpg]

[color=#FFCCCC]"That's wonderful, Silver! So straight to business... I've
got a plan, you needn't hunt both, focus on Anna, If we manage to get her the problem will take care of
itself so to speak. Yes they did manage to escape us, but then again escaping the Maltese Navy isn't that
hard, outsmarting and outliving us however is... If this joint venture of ours works out you can expect to be
handsomely rewarded - think 8 digit transactions. As I said I'm looking forward working with you and by the
way call me Sam... Also I will make sure that you have the MNS-Implosión at your disposal if you ever
need support, if not feel free to use it as a resupply and refuelling platform "
[font=Agency FB]
Halsey rushed towards the bridge and immediately opened a comm channel.

"Samantha,I just got a tip about the person we are looking for.
If my source can be trusted,your target is somewhere around Coronado.
I would ask the zoners and freelancers around there if I were you.
Now,if you excuse me,I have a situation."

Fernando closed the channel and sighned

[color=#FFFFFF]"I hope this stuff is worth it..."

Her scent never did her wrong. Her eyes never betrayed her.
And her instincts... Well. If death had instinct, it would be just the same as hers.

With some calls and some 'creative' nudges, the whisper here and the rumor there, it all indicated it was in Coronado.

Of all places. The system where the Mercrosis was stationed.

And for a freelancer that managed to piss off the Maltese Navy, that girl only had three choices.

The Mercrosis.. Which was a neg, as she quickly saw the logs of the ship in the past two weeks in a heartbeat.
Pecos.. And it's list of arrivals and departures was easy to get thanks to Jack-O.
And Barrier Gate.

As the list from Pecos arrived and her contacts in Barrier Gate were almost reporting back, she drank a whole bottle of Jack Daniels.

Not soon after and with the Pecos list in hand and a small report from one of her contacts in Barrier, she smirked and thought off going to catch the girl herself.

But an animal cornered.. is a dangerous animal.
So Kalliste knew she needed bigger fangs than just herself.

With a quick input in her data-comm she hailed Samantha back.

[Image: commslinksilver.png]

Sam.. Guess what.

*Smirks*

Barrier Gate Station. Coronado. Bay 24-B. Her bomber is there.

*Grins*

If you want me to go and collect her hide.. Do say so.
If not.. Bring a lot of guns. Someone that manages to piss your Maltese Navy off and isn't scared,
either is crazy or desperate.

And any of those options when cornered.. Do more damage than the usual.

*Her grin turned feral*

Fun.

Bye bye,
Silver.

[Image: commslinkend.png]
Pages: 1 2