Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Scenes on Barrier Gate [The aftermath]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anna wasn't feeling to well lately, the stress kept building up.
Just about everybody was after her.

Dressed in her normal clothing. Normal Jeans, white shirt looking pretty basic.
However except for the gun. A black gun hanging onto her belt, not hidden at all.
Now just to get some stuff out of my ship, then back to Jake.
Once arrived in the hangars she climbed in her cargo bay of her Roc,
It was still a bit beaten up from the last encounter.
Those Outcasts never give up.
She quietly left a little sigh while searching through the cargo bay,
Grabbing some stuff that she 'lend' from some kind traders that past by her in Cortez.
Hm, look some jewels, clothes, exotic food and some PDA's.
Quite a catch.
Looking satisfied at her catch she closed up her Roc's cargo bay and walked to the cockpit.
Took out her PDA she found a while back. From this guy with the used nickname 'Nephilim'.
Finely she had all she wanted and pushed it into a backpack. Waved it around onto her back
heading back to her room.

Walking through the hallways towards the 'Drunkard' to pass by it to get to her room.
Where Jake was waiting.
I bet Jake is happy with the catch, I can't wait to see his face when he sees the
new amount credits, to our bankaccount.
A small smile on her face appeared as she walked through the hallway
And here is the man coming... the man that complicates everything.

The tall guy wearing strange looking goggles and smoking a cardi joint stepped out of the pub, his head lowered, looking to the floor, not satisfied with his unsucessful attempts at capturing a couple who cause trouble for more than a few influential guys. He was a warrior, he thought, not a hunter, and knew not how to go about catching them...

Decided to make way to his Sabre... Slowly he moved his tired legs, heavy boots making loud noises in the empty, lonely hallway... His clothes were all dirty... Dark, long cape hanged down over his left shoulder barely covered the rusty chains he attached to his belt... His uncared long hair hid most of his face as he looked down while walking...

Thoughts consumed him as he walked... He felt like an old lion that has lost his pride, as he left Alpha through Tau 37 jump hole. Before he left, a member of de Castilo family contacted him, asking him to take care of a small disturbance for their smugglers. He jumped on that chance... he had to leave...

Flashbacks rushed to his tired mind...

Sol and his fiance, visiting her home in Planet New Tokyo... She's giving him her family's ceremonial katana... as a symbol of her faithfulness... Sol swears that he will never leave her side...

They are in a Luxury Yacht, having a romantic dinner. Sol's hands are trembling and his heart is beating fast as he proposes to her... She says "Yes!"... Sol's the happiest man in the entire universe... They are closer now to their dream... their plan to buy a cardamine farm... leave the military life... raise their children in peace... stay alive and make sure they have someone to call parents unlike him...
Just a little more, only a little more left to raise the money that will buy them their dream life...

Sol is about to destroy a blood dragon fighter amidst the rocky battlegrounds of Tau 23... The pilot starts to hurl insults at him as he realizes that he will die soon... Sol laughs at his vain attempt to anger him... unexpectedly for Sol however, he tells him how he has slept with Sol's fiance... gives him every detail, all the details Sol thought he only knew... A few more blood dragons rush to help their friends... Sol's shocked, his emotions without control... Cruel gun shots take down his shield and slowly start to burn holes on his hull... Sol retreats, beaten by the world, betrayed by his loved one, his wounds deeper than flesh...

Suddenly shook his head. These memories were too painful, tried to forget about them as he raised his head...

A girl was coming towards him. Checked out her young face. Her lips were curled with a slight smile...

Stupid.
He thought... Laughing at himself...

Realized now that he knew this girl... His body looked like it turned to stone as he stood there, couldn't decide what to do for a few seconds.

She was about to pass him as Sol raised his left arm which was hidden behind the cape. His fingers reached out, tightly grasping her shoulder. Slowly turned his head, his cold, blue eyes met her stare through the goggles... Raised his chin, putting on the tough guy mask once again.

"Oy there... little girl!"

As she walked through the hallway suddenly feeling a man stop her by the shoulder
With this recognizable voice, the voice of a man that has been annoying her several days now.

Now he was here standing an inch away from her.
What to do, What to say?

Closing her eyes for a second in thoughts,
Turning around, giving the figure a sharp look into his eyes through his goggles
And what do you want now?
All my stuff again?
Saying with a rather itchy voice.
Holding firmly onto her backpack with one hand.
The man watched her pretty face as she gave him the sharp look, maintained his cold and lazy stare into her eyes for a short while.
Sol kept his confident appearance. He has killed hundreds of men, all stronger than her... But this time, he felt that he shouldn't feel at ease.

"Is there a reason you avoid me? Or you avoid me for a reason or something other than this one that I could not really understand what so ever?"

Sol's cold face now bore a menacing grin, the cardi joint freed from his lips, fell to the ground. For the first time after a long while he felt excited. He now held on to what he came for, not the catch, but entertainment. All the depressed thoughts dissappeared.

He was where he was born to be, the conflict.

Did not wait for her to respond, as he dragged her from her shoulder towards himself with his strong fingers.

"Now you come with me!"
Frowning at him, yet still unaware what his intentions were.
Although for sure it weren't good intentions.

Her hand sliding down to her holster of the gun.
How about you not touching me?
The sharp look remained, feeling some adrenaline already pumping through her.
Ramain calm is what I have to do.
Remember when I told you we could talk about this?
I'm not going to let you just walk over me like that.
Holding a firm look at him waiting for his hand to release her.
The empty hallway was filled with a loud laugh after he listened what she said, with the same disturbing grin. Of course he did not expect her to come willingly, he counted on it.
The excitement he felt was getting more and more intense as the seconds passed by.

"Little girl... do you understand the situation you are in... right now? Can't I just break your neck just as easy as I can clap my hands?"
At last he turned his wide body towards her, trying to intimidate her to give up, the chains on his belt gave up a slight noise...
His right arm, naked, showing the muscles he built over the years working in cardamine farms and training as a bodyguard, he had more than a few scars on it. He moved his right hand to her hair, teasingly playing with it...

"But that would be a waste..."
His eyes left her sharp stare and scanned her body, smiling like a wicked hyena. He knew that she was engaged with someone else, just as his fiance was... Wondered how his fiance would act if she was in Anna's situation.

"Alright... Last time you said that we meet here... Well, we met... Now we can speak... So speak..."
There was nothing to say actually... She shot a few slavers and smugglers, now the guys in power wanted to make an example out of her. There was no way she could speak her way out. She would be executed in public after she was brought to Malta.

He knew that, he played along, yet...

Moving her head away giving Sol a short but direct slap onto his hand that was playing with her hair.
Looking at him annoyed as yet also angry. Taking one step back, she sighed shortly.
We have our difference,
The one I have with slaver and Cardimine smugglers,
Well that was off the past now. I'm not after them anymore.
The Outcasts can all just pass here, without me even taking a glance at them.

You all won't hear from me again.
Frowning at Sol, she hold her ground firmly, her hand however took a tight hold around her holster of the gun.
And now it's time for you to leave me alone.
The same goes for all the other Outcasts and their friends and Mercs, Hunters and whatever more.
Taking another deep breath taking another step back on the point of walking away.
So would mind, leaving me alone now?
You won't hear a thing from me again, if you just let me live my life.

The grin on Sol's face was wiped away, and replaced with a cold look as she spoke.

Is this girl... stupid?... he thought...
Moved his right arm away from her, but his other arm still grasping her shoulder, even harder. Taking his eyes off her, raised his chin higher, looking to the ceiling for a few seconds then closing his eyes, wondering whether he should explain or not.

He took out a golden ligher and another cardi joint he prepared earlier from his pocket, put the joint in his lips and lighted it. The golden lighter had a sun emblazoned on its body, shining a dim light to Sol's face as he lighted his smoke.
Sol whiffed the gray smoke towards Anna's face, still keeping the cold look. As soon as the smoke dissipated, and Anna's face could be seen, Sol spoke with a slow pace, yet loud and clear, as if to help her understand better.

"Little girl... Did you think that... you could get away with this?...
Did you think that, you could wave your gun around, shoot this and that, and when you felt like it, you could just say sorry and move on?...
Do you think that, those big bad people, would let you have your life, after this?..."

He let out a long sigh...

"I think... NOT!
If you want to speak, I am not the right person...
Speak to the annoying people when we are back in Malta who think they are better than me!
...but don't expect to be heard..."

He did not know, should he feel sorry for her, or feel amused by her naive thinking...
Waving her hand through the smoke cloud coming from Sol, lightly coughing.
Shakes her head as she goes over the words said by Sol.
Looking wondering up. She released her hold of her sidearm.
So you're saying you are here to take me to Malta?
Looking around the hallway, clearly dug in some deep thoughts,
Standing up straight again looking Sol in the eyes.
And what makes you think I would just come along with you, to Malta?
Just to get enslaved like those many many others that past here before me?
Trying to keep a serious, straight face.
Wishing for Jake to just walk by.
If Jake was here he would kick this guys arse, she thought

I know one thing for sure and that is that I will - not - go - to Malta.
They will have to bring more then, then.. then you.
Checking Sol from bottom to top as she says it.
[Image: s67yf6.gif]

The Sabres of the 13th gracefully flew around the station's perimeter in a "V" formation just as they were
ordered while the crew transfer vehicle preformed its last docking checks

The Pelican barely fitted in the station's airlock, when its gear finally
touched down on the deck. The heavy boarding ramp slammed down with a deafening sound and ten men
in black uniforms armed with riffles came marching out. Contrary to what one would expect a lady in a
classy black dress carrying a small black leather handbag walked out last. Instinctively she shook her head
after getting out of the spacecraft to fix her amber hair.

"'Ey 'ey 'ey, what the 'ell is this parade! Does this look like a frakk'n' movie set to ya'
eh? No weap'ns allowed in the hangar bay! Who the 'ell are ya lot? "

A rather chubby looking man massive beard appeared out of nowhere wearing blue overall, obviously
annoyed by the new "arrivals". The lady in the dress stepped in front of the armed men

[color=#FFCCCC]"Samantha Marquez, Maltese Navy"

She said coldly and signalled the men to move out

"Ya can't go in like tha...."

"Or you will shoot us, show us the airlock and make
our lives a living hell, I know"

After the interruption spat out with completely levelled voice almost devoid of all emotion Samantha and the
armed men continued walking leaving behind a barrage of curse words some of which didn't even exist until
now.

After walking for about 3 minutes the Maltese finally reached something that looked like the hangar
manager's office. Sam told her men to wait outside as she went in. Behind the large desk a sleazy looking
man was smoking a cigar. At the looks of Samantha he smiled weirdly and asked with a voice just as sleazy
as his looks

"What can I do you for, love.....do you for ah-he-he"

Sam knew all to well how to deal with impotent freak shows like him, she was hired by one too many of
them during her less glamorous years on Malta. She swiftly put both of her hands on his desk slightly
leaning forward to intentionally show a little bit of cleavage

"Well for starters there is a CTE-19000 Civilian bomber
in hangar bay 24-B, do you have any idea where its owner is now?"

[color=#99FFFF]"I can't say no to you hon', kinda hope you follow my example ah-he-he"

The man typed something in his computer then turned the screen around so Sam could see it and showed
her a base schematic marking a blue dot in what looks to be the housing area of the station

"Thanks....hon' "ah-he-he" "

Samantha just pulled a heroic effort not to puke at the sight of this scumbag staring at her breasts. A
necessary evil to get the info she needed. When she got out of the office and back to her men they went to
a station directory panel not far from there to plan their approach. Samantha decided that the security
detail should wait 2 corridor junctions away from her well off sight, the last thing she needed is to spook her
target off.

As the rather dangerous looking group progressed towards the indicated stop they reach the junction at
which the armed men were supposed wait, Sam gave them final instructions and went alone down the
corridor. To her surprise she saw a rather shocking scene just one junction away. Two people standing in a
corridor one male and one female. The male although with his back turned to her had something rather
familiar radiating from him other the distinctive smell of Cardamine. As she slowly moved in closer
intentionally sticking to the less lid side of the corridor where her elegant black dress acted as a pretty good
disguise, she recognised the man as Sol, it was his voice that gave him away they've never met in person
but flew together a couple of times and exchanged some transmissions. Samantha could not see the girl
very well due to Sol blocking her view. She spent a couple of minutes observing their conversation at one
point Sol extended his arm to the girl then retracted it as if it got slapped. Samantha recognized this as a
good moment to "intrude" on their conversation. Her heels were hitting the metal floor with a distinct sound
drawing the attention of the conversing people. There probably was a surprise in Sol's eyes to see her but
she couldn't see it due to the unusual goggles he was wearing. Sam didn't say anything just tilted her head
barely visible as a sign to the other Maltese to step aside for a bit. And he did. When Sol moved away
Samantha caught sight of her target for the first time, she immediately recognized her from the dossier
photographs. A girl not too tall nor short, with long brown hair, her face was naturally beautiful without
being covered in tons of make up unlike her own. The very sight of such a pretty thing caused a sincere
smile on Samantha's face. Somehow it seemed really hard to connect this fine creature with the things
described in her file...On a closer inspection one could notice slightly darkened circles underneath her eyes
and the way she was standing indicated a burden...as if she was carrying the weight of the world on her
shoulders. Sam continued smiling while she examining her with eyes, the whole process didn't take more
than a second then promptly offered her hand and said
[color=#FFCCCC]
"Greetings, I'm Sam, and you must be Anna, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5