Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Message to Brigand Legion of the Damned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Jack Henderson, IMG Dublin Operations Coordinator

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Legion of the Damned Leadership

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: jack_henderson.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Fixedsys]

Dear Sirs and Madams

This is Jack Henderson speaking in the name of the IMG to the leadership of the Legion of the Damned Brigands. The reason for me contacting you can be found in the recent political developments that have turned the tables in my opinion.

The IMG has realized something that we think could be the first push of the Gallic Royal Navy into the Taus. We conclude that the Council must have taken some blows that hurt. First conflicts have resulted from the new military presence, mainly of diplomatic nature for the IMG, but much more severe for our allies in the Taus. To cut it short: We will be dragged into it, sooner or later.

It's also easy to imagine that the breach of the Council defense perimeter by GRN will have created turmoil for all that oppose Gallia's reign. That would include a part of your Brigands, as well as some Council groups. I don't know how well you are informed about the negotiations between Council and IMG, but there is the chance that the IMG can offer a safe haven.

Looking at the political landscape and seeing that all Gallic forces that are opposing the Royal Navy get hit hard, I see some chances for a change in the Brigand IMG relations. A change to the better.
The IMG has never wanted the conflict with the Brigands, but somehow it just evolved. You have hit the IMG hard, we have retaliated and hit back as hard as we could. The result is - as in any war - sobering.
Let's change that situation.

I propose the following:

The IMG ceases its hostilities, bounties and any other non-neutral action against you.
In exchange the Brigands stop regarding IMG as their targets of piracy, retract all bounties and cease violent actions.

If you agree, we will inform the EDGE and Colonial Remnants about the cease fire agreement, so that they will stop their aggressive stance towards you, too. You might even want to talk to the Colonials, as they find themselves in a somewhat comparable situation and - as I assume - you might even share a common goal.

As the Dublin Operations Coordinator, I have some experience in dealing with not exactly legal groups, peacefully. Finding a common ground to exist alongside each other peacefully is imperative.
With the changing political situation, I think one thing unites us: the will to survive, the necessity to somehow not get eradicated by the storm that might be coming soon.

Let's not fight each other and weaken our resources when the dark clouds are already gathering.

Jack Henderson

[font=Fixedsys][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***
[Image: enzo2.png]

[font=Times New Roman]Bonjour,

I am Enzo du Sable, Lord of la Legion des Damnes. Your message is coming in a very good moment, monsieur.

It is indeed true, we are expecting hundreds of thousand people fleeing from Gallia, through the Taus to Sirius. And in my position, the wellbeing of my people is the greatest priority at this moment.

Without bases for shelter, these people will storm into Sirius, and will try to take them by force, which will cause more damage for all of us, and will make the job easier for GRN.

The war between la Legion and the forces that call the Taus their home, the IMG, the CR, and various mercenenary groups working for you, has gone on for too long, and has weakened all of us. If this is to continue, we will be weak infront of future conflicts. I agree with you on this monsieur, it is time to end it.

If what you propose is true, then the Legion will accept this treaty, for the good of our people. However, I need to know that you are trustworthy, so I would need more information about what you call a "safe haven".

For now, the Legion will agree on these terms. All kinds of aggression, including bounties, will drop, and we will enter a stance of neutrality until this business is finished. Of course, this must happen on a mutual basis.

Piracy will only cease for your guild, the leading Independent Miners Guild IMG|, but I think this was clear for you before you have sent out this transmission.

I will inform my Underlords to enforce this new diplomacy, for now you can be sure no aggression from any Legionnaire and Brigands will continue. Of course, you are free to inform the CR and EDGE about it aswell.

I am awating your answer, monsieur Henderson. A bientot.
[Image: endbar.png]
--Incoming Transmission--
--Sender ID: Colonel John Diocletian, President--
--Subject: -- --

[Image: generaldonaldmorden.jpg]

And that all being said, the fleet will cease to paint Legion units as hostiles.

One remaining issue is your relationship with the Maltese, but at this point, discussing it might be asking for too much.
[font=Segoe Script][color=#000000]Ιωάννης Διοκλητιανός

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Legion of the Damned Leadership

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[font=Fixedsys]

Honourable Lord Enzo du Sable,

I don't know into how much detail I can go when defining the safe haven, but seeing that you agree to the proposal, let's be a bit more specific: there might be a safe haven, a good place to take these people to where they can find a new home.

Sorry, I am not informed about all the details and it's still too early to know details, but what I am talking about is no fiction. The place exists. But for more details, I will have to invite the Guildmasters to this channel, now that the first part has been successfully completed.

The channel has been opened for our allies, the Colonial Remnant Leaders, also for the EDGE Leadership who we have a defense contract in the Taus.

Thank you for your calm and rational response, Lord Enzo du Sable. I haven't expected to meet a politician at the other end of the line after all the hot-headed, bloody meetings between your pilots and ours in space. I am glad I was wrong in my assumptions about the nature of the Brigands.

Yours sincerely

Jack Henderson

**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Channel participants
Subject: Tau haven
Encryption: Enough to give most AI's a headache the size of a planet

Mister du Sable,

A name behind one who has given us much grief. Were these times otherwise, these words would not have been in kindness. But needs must be. Your previous message has severely unnerved me. You speak of several hundred thousand of your people to escape before the GRN onslaught? That suggests you're evacuating a small planet, roughly the size of the Colonial Republic's Borneo populace! Who are all these people? And what is their intent in Sirius?

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****
[Image: enzo2.png]

[font=Times New Roman]Merci pour le quick reply.

To monsieur Diocletian of the Colonials: Merci. Naturally, the Legion fleets will also not view any Colonial ships as targets from now on. And please understand that there will be no talking behind the Maltese backs now.

Now, Guildmasters, I share your opinion, that the current tone of this discussion on very delicate matters is indeed "calm and rational", and would like to express my thanks on this.

Now I would like to answer your question, monsieur Sanders....

It is true, we are indeed expecting hundreds of thousand, maybe even more war fugitives. The majority of them come from Quillan, the bordering Planet in Languedoc, the others from other locations around this system. However, before we start discussing this topic further, it would be wise to invite those responsible for this planet directly, the Council, a group that you have surely interacted with. I am now messaging mon ami Alexandre du Lac, General of le Conseil, he should give you a better information about the current situation there.

Now you asked me who those people are, and about their intentions. The most of them are from the Council, that live on Planet Quillan. Parts of them are also Brigands, and other Gallic groups aswell. Civilians, whose existence is threatened by the incoming mass-murdering GRN fleets. And so, their intent is clear: They need to be at a safe place, to continue with their lives. And this place could be.....this "safe haven" you spoke of, messieurs. And this is why we need to know about it....
[Image: endbar.png]
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Channel participants (// Now including the Council)
Subject: Tau haven
Encryption: Enough to give most AI's a headache the size of a planet

Mister du Sable,

It has become known to us that the GRN intent is to eradicate the Council presence within the Tau border worlds. The zeal of their forces suggests they will likely put all those who do not surrender to the Royalists, to the sword... Most likely your own presence therein as well. It would become a slaughter...
To find a haven... I can only think of one location that can possibly support the numbers that you give us, and even then, it shall not be easy. Perhaps mr. Henderson already thought of the same place. That place we call Tau-115. A system we explored and settled roughly a decade ago, but have been unable to develop due to the outbreak of the Kusari/Bretonian war.

Tau 115 is a system located deep within the Barrier, the nebula that covers a vast portion of this part of Sirius. There are only a few terrestrial worlds, that can support human life, known to exist within it. Tau 115-C1 is such a world although it is not yet suited for large-scale colonization. Let me forward the pertinent data...

Tau 115 Survey mission report - partial extract Wrote:Planetary body T115-C1 / T115-C2:
A most unusual find, planetary body T115-C1 is terrestrial in nature. Gravitational and atmopsheric conditions are within tolerance for human habitation, and it's average temperature ranging from 17 to 40 degrees celsius is perfect. However the atmosphere contains toxic levels of carbon dioxide, cyanide and phosgene. The native plantlife on the planet has developed around fixating nitrogen rather then carbon/oxygen fixation. Soil conditions however have ample carbon supply, and seeding the planet with common terrestrial plants, such as simple helm grass, could potentially make the planet suitable for human life in as little as 10 years (shorter if a dedicated effort were to be made). The planet also has several large oceans, with plenty of microbial life, but no larger organisms. It is likely the toxic atmosphere has prevented animal life from evolving on this world.
A trice daily tidal effect is caused by the influence of it's moon, T115-C2. The moon itself appears to be a common rocky remnant of the planet's formation. No resources were detected in initial scans, and it's atmosphere is far too thin for colonization.
In short, T115-C1 is terraformable, and likely harbors extensive planetside resources within it's crust. Once established, the problem of tapping T115A's resources could also be tackled from the planet.

And a view of Tau 115-C1 from orbit, along with it's moon:

[Image: screen20.jpg]

There are however several practical and logistical problems involved. The system itself, aside from the terrestrial planet, has several resource-rich locations that we ourselves intend to start exploiting, including the planet itself, which may also have minable resources that upon completion of the terraforming effort, would be child's play to tap using conventional methods of surface and shaft mining. We had intended for this planet to become a free world, much alike Gran Canaria, a place for our Guild members and their families to comfortably settle, and for several industrial facilities to be housed. In short, we have a vested economic interest in both the planet, and the system.
The system is well hidden, despite it's excessively bright star. The Barrier obscures it from all sides - that we came upon it in the first place was by chance.

A rapid settlement would be very costly due to the toxic atmosphere, that at present is still unbreathable in all but a very select few places on the planet where we've started terraforming experiments. Even in those places unassisted breathing is unhealthy, and deadly within a matter of hours. The Guild does not have the resources or logistic capacity to accellerate the terraforming process, and while our Bretonian and Tauside operations remain seperated by a war front, this is unlikely to change. This is the only haven that could possibly support the numbers you present us, however.

Let me be blunt: The Guild has neither the strength nor the intention to resist the kind of firepower the Royals are throwing around. Early reports suggest they are using carrier fleets on force recon missions. Our Colonial allies may fare better if they concentrate their defenses within their home, but the Guild does not have that luxury. Our bases are scattered and our operations many. But we have no love for dictatorships, wether the dictator is called king, queen, emperor or gotteskanzler.
And that is why we suggest to you, this possibility.

Mr. du Lac, I would welcome your view on this.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****
[Image: transmissionincoming.png]

ID: Board of Executives
To: +LE+, IMG

Dear sirs,

We hereby accept the changes to the Tau Defense Contract between the EDG Enterprise and IMG, correcting the list of valid targets and excluding ships with Gallic Brigands transponder signatures.

However, while remaining in good faith that the newly established peace between the Legion and the Tau nations will last, the Enterprise will stay vigilant and watch the Legionnaires closely. Should you take advantage of the situation to establish criminal activities in the Taus, support the Outcasts in any way (especially in trafficking the cardamine) or strike any other lawful parties in our zone of influence, we will be right behind you.

Bonne chance monsieurs,
Board of Executives,
EDG Enterprise

[Image: transmissionterminated.png]
[Image: levulpe.png]

**Greetings and Bonjour Monisuers**

**I am Lord Vulpe Felanis, servant of the True Lord Enzo du Sable and currently guide the Legione**

**Iet has been several months since this agreement was made and I believe now ies a time to look upon such and make new arrangements**

**As in all business, one must adapt to the changes of the market...Agreements that were once worth their weight in gold bullion are now worth little, and now newer stock becomes more and more attractive to look into**

**I believe that now ies that time, too look into other possible ways to improve upon our cease fire, into more...practical...means of usage**

**Vrai pour Sable! Vive la Legione!**

[Image: leendbar.png]

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Legion of the Damned Leadership, Lord Vulpe Felanis
**** TO: IMG| Leadership / Guildmasters / Coordinators ****

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

[font=Fixedsys]

Honourable Lord Vulpe Felanis,

as the initial communication was initiated by myself, I'd like to respond to your message directly. Therefore I should quickly introduce myself: I am Jack Henderson, I am the Dublin IMG Operations coordinator.

To my knowledge, the cease fire and neutrality terms that we agreed on before have been kept by both sides. At least a quick scan of the reports have not yielded any hits that suggested any noteworthy incident between Legionaires and the IMG. I would like to state that I feel relieved about the sustainable progress that has been achieved.

I received information that the IMG restored Java docking permission, an action that suits the improvement in our relations.

Your message, Lord Vulpe Felanis, suggests that there should be some further addition or changes to the current political stance. So I think it would be best if you named some ideas that you have in mind, because doubtlessly, this time the initiative is yours. I think I can speak for most of the Guild when I say that we are willing to listen to the proposals you put on the table.

Let us continue the path that has lead us here.

Yours sincerely

Jack Henderson

Pages: 1 2