Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Addressed to the Bretonian Police Authority
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To whom it may concern;

First, I must apologize; this transmission is probably going to be problems for both of us. However, it is necessary, given the strongly worded and verbose letter that arrived on my desk last night. Along with this letter, I received a transcript from the Bretonian Police Authority concerning licensing policies. From the point of view of Ageira Technologies corporation, it appears that Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs is demanding a license fee to ship certain goods.

' Wrote:ID:Bretonia Police Authority
Name: Sergeant Barney Marwick Head of Commerce Control Division
From: Commerce Control Division Headquarters - Prison Liner "Scotland's Yard"

Burekcina
I am sorry but Bretonia Police Authority has decided that the statement:
"One ship , one license" is going to stay valid.
That means You have two options:
Option 1: You can buy a license for Your new ship that will be hauling licensed materials.
Option 2: You can convince the Ageira| Group if it is the one you are a part of to buy a corporation license so every ship which is a part of the said group will be allowed to carry the military goods.

As it is for now, Your ship Ageira|Saraghrar is not allowed to carry the Military goods till we receive proof of paid license fee which is 10,000,000c. If we receive the payment your new ship will be listed on the aproved list. We will place Your name under consideration under we hear again from You.

Thank You.

PS: Note that any ship caught carrying contraband or unlicensed goods will face consequences: cargo will be confiscated, fine will be placed and if stopped ship will not comply - Bretonia Police is authorised to use deadly force to stop such vessel.

Transmission: ceased

From our point of view, this seems a questionable decision. Such license fees have often come about as a means to differentiate the trustworthy from those less reputable traders, and I'm sure you'll agree that Libertonian corporations are firmly within the first category. Another reason for introducing such comprehensive licensing arrangements could be to raise revenue, but again, we already contribute to each others' coffers due to our mature cross-border relationship.

It is at this juncture that I would like to suggest that a formal exemption from licensing procedures for all Libertonian shipping in Bretonia. Of course, this would come in exchange for similar privelidges for Bretonian shipping in Liberty.

Related to this, you may notice that the Republic currently enforces no licensing procedures whatsoever. This is in line with our advanced free-market economic policies, and we would be saddened if this had to change.

Yours,

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics.
To whom it may concern;

Sorry to push you, but we do require an answer on this grave matter. I would say that solving this issue is of paramount importance to the future stability of the very close trade links between our two houses.

Yours,

**INCOM**
ID: Sir Markus Aquinas - Undersecretary for Communications, MP for Inverness
[Image: 52bbe7914a81bc63cb933f5d8ec5.jpg]
Ministry of Communication-GCHQ

Dear Sir,

We are glad to receive your communication, and I will gladly process you through to a senior member of the Bretonian Police Authority, as soon as one is available. Unfortunately there seems to be a running stomach flu affecting many senior members of the BPA at this time, (we suspect Kusari bioweapons hidden in cup-a-noodles).

We apologize for the delay, and wish to iterate that your message is of great importance to us, and we will get someone to reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

I hope this has been informative.

Under Secretary for Communications
MP for Inverness
**ENDCOM**

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Cabinet Steward Christenson
Origin: Planet New London
Recipients: William Hawthorn

The Cabinet has discussed this issue, and will deal with it directly. We believe that the incident that occurred was a result of carelessness and our government's schedule already being so overbooked that we sometimes miss crucial issues.

To remedy this situation, the Cabinet has decided to award a free license for transportation of War Material to the Liberty Navy and all Liberty-based companies to deliver the mentioned goods to Bretonian stations. These goods include; Nuclear Devices, Black Market Munitions, Light Arms, Plutonium, and Military Vehicles.

We apologize for the problems our neglect caused, and hope that military equipment deliveries can resume at the earliest possible opportunity, for the betterment of both our nations in these trying times.

With Respect,

-Joseph Christenson
Steward for the War Cabinet, Bretonia
<div align="right]End Transmission
Joseph Christenson;

I'm very happy to receive your reply on the matter, and would like to commend my gratitude and that of the Republic to the Kingdom of Bretonia for your decision. A small part of me was fearing a refusal, but I am glad to see that such fears were unsubstantiated and needless.

To a bright trade future for our two nations.

Yours,