Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Titan vs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reasonably simple.
Vote what you think would win, and you could possibly explain why.
Where are you going with this? You are comparing the stereotypically least maneuverable VHF (actual stats not withstanding) against a bunch of other VHF's that are A)Known or B)Believed to fly circles around it. Hop to the point?
Just now I realized that I have voted only AGAINST the Titan.:D
I think the Titan, flown with the correct style, can hammer Sabers.

However, it does lack against the other two.

I guess this is a good thing. Too many Corsairs around these days.
Actually with a good pilot 1on1 it doesn't really matter that much what you fly...and the big powerplant (Mini on every joust) and armor of the titan + corsair shieldbusters make up for the agility... you have to fly it like a bomber of sorts..

But off course in 2vs2 I would be on the more agile ships.

Edit:... ehm.. wrong forum acount.. everyone know who I am anyway..
I concure with Nexus and BP, the reason we have been winning hands down is 1) the sabre got a very slight boost this mod, and 2) our group is usually made up of excelent pilots, whereas theres is usually folks that havnt been around long.
Agility wise I believe all the above mentioned ships have an advantage over the titan.

However, the skill of the pilot is what will determine the outcome, as the difference is not great enough to put the titan at any severe disadvantage.

The addition of decent sheildbusters, which the rest of sirius lack, more then make up the difference for the titan pilot.

2 colada, 2 tizona, 2 missiles, mini razor = my ideal layout

however, i have no characters who fly titans, or who have this layout, because i have chosen my alliances elsewhere.
Come on, Titan loses every time *sobs*.

It just loses wings too easily. One cannonball (hell, one Catapult) and *bam* wing gone, and with it two weapons. Then the other, and your down to trying to fight with two guns. Then you have the bottom vertical wing, also highly vulnerable, which has thruster and mine dropper. Lose that and you're screwed. Hull strength doesn't mean jack s**t when you've nothing to fight back with.

Sabre doesn't lose wings nearly so easily. And it actually has four wings, so when you do lose one, you only lose one gun.

Go to Sigma-13 and do some missions for the GMG if you wanna know what I'm talking about. You can take on Titans in a Drake for goodness sake. Target one wing, then the other, etc. until you whittle it down to a flaming wreck. It takes a loooooong time, but you just laugh at Titans. Sabres on the other hand, are a lot harder. You can target the wings, however most of the time your gunfire just passes harmlessly thru the "hole" between wing & ship hull.

The non-vanilla ships are a no-brainer. Titan is just too vulnerable for its own good.

Edit: Here's what I mean. No wings, no thruster, no nothing. And hull only half depleted. Pathetic. Admittedly this was a Centurion... I think in the end I felt sorry for the guy and just let him go. (BTW for the observant: I hadn't lost any bots, I went into the battle with zero to start with and that's what I'd picked up).

[Image: centurion.jpg]
looks like i "voted" for what everyone else voted for.

but i think sabre and titan are a good match, - they re both vanilla and balanced just OK.
the blood dragon is falsly labled heavy fighter, but is indeed a VHF when it comes to its armor. everyone knows its not balanced perfectly towards others so there is little point in comparing it to a well balanced fighter.
the talon got balanced recently, - nerft down.

but whatever i vote here... i haven never used a titan in disco ever, nor have i ever had a blood dragon or a sabre. while having a sabre a zoner would be reasonable - sadly its been labled as an outcast ship, instead of a borderworld ship. the titan is corsair only - and i don t like corsairs ( in terms of what i like ot play ) - and i don t like blood dragons either.
the talon looks nice, had it 2 times for a short time. i wouldn t consider it great though. - it felt rather average. - and it reminded me too much on a pod racer from star wars. or a Y-wing.... and i don t like star wars too much, it reminds me on an annoying kid that grows up to be a villain and an even more annoying fish guy.
' Wrote:.... and an even more annoying fish guy.
Admiral Ackbar?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15