Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ALG very heavy mover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like title says...we have ALG in Sirius that cariesour garbage and dangerous and toxic cargo. There are so many of us out there, much more then before. Sirius is growing and ALG needs bigger ships to carry our garbage around. So behold my idea of new "garbage" ship.

[Image: 2000732306259316414_rs.jpg]

[Image: 2000731581533872958_rs.jpg]

As u can see in front it has one large container for its "cargo". Ship has 4 magnetic arms that hold it in place. Ship will be quite large i think. Maybe size of container transport. It will hold about 6 to 8 turrets with limited arcs and hopefully about 3500-4000 cargo hold. Skin will be same as heavy lifter but more dirtier, especially the container part.

So before i start texturing any thoughts on how to improve it?
looks great as a heavier heavy lifter. - if its ALG, maybe it should have more skin elements that are rheinlandish instead of the civilian yellow/tan. - waiting for the skinning of the windows. - it does look small. the only thing that makes it appear of containership size is the bridge right now, while the "handles" on the sides suggest a smaller ship.

i do love the engine part very much - all in all, it reminds me a bit on the design of the mammoth, functional, blocky but not as retro industrial-like ... like rheinland ships. it does not have their look of great mass. i think 8 turrets with limited arcs is reasonable. as far as i remember ALG is lawful but involved in a few shady businesses. - so a bit of protection should be good for it.
So... Some thoughts:

I would make the 4 magnetic arms moveable, so it would be easier for the ship to catch / manipulate with the cargo.

The engine: It looks cool, but such a big ship would need some side engines to be maneuverable with such a big and dangerous cargo. The heavy lifter has 2 engines on the sides to have maneuverability and many other "engine-textured" places.

Ill try to come out with more.
i will apply first skin...so you get better feeling of size...

also engines run trough whole ship..its like power generator (ship is hollow in the middle and engines run trough it)
interesting. I would personally suggest a second set of the "cargo" like pods, would make it looks more like a, well, cargo vehicle. because at this moment it reminds me of some gunboat as well.
ya...now that you mentioned it it looks like Gb a bit..i never saw that before...

Naturally i am limited by set of hot boxes we have so i cant go wild on design:P

i till try one more container...as soon s i think of where to put it
Hm...

I like the rear part of the ship...

Cant the containers be made to be put into the ship? Like a rogue GB, but with a hole in the front used for the containers to get in and out? Or simply something of that style...

I like the ship being hollowed... Hm...
The resemblance of a GB may actually be benefial. Bear in mind, that ALG now has to deal with the wild in Sigma 13.

So in order to cut down their losses among utility ships - a new class of heavy CSV. Me sez: 5 GB turrets and a reasonably big hold. Not a full-flung GB or anything, but something, that can hold its own in the void.
Whoa. That looks awesome, Doom!
Looks like its made of Lego's, which is good because I imagine heavy movers such as that to have that feel. Great work
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8