Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Breaking news in Liberty!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming transmission..

Comm ID: Unknown

Transmitted to: Throughout Liberty

My dear fellow citizens and members of our Liberty forces! I have just received info on the recent disappearances of our military and civilian ships. It appears that in a recent battle between our Navy and the dreaded Phantoms, in which..sources say..our Navy turned out victorious, the destruction of a Phantom cruiser has left several of their "Escape pods" in space.

The LNS-Relentless, who was part of the battle tractored the pods in and headed back for Manhattan, the crew was in quite a shock when they found out that the pods were actually part of a plan by the Phantoms to take over the vessel with no less that 60 Phantom Marines! Ship's security quickly marched to the docking bay and a fierce battle started in which many of the ship's crew members were killed, the Phantom's suffered losses as well, but intel says almost 40 of them made it to the Relentless's escape pods and they launched planetside, landing on Manhattan only a few minutes later, a gigantic search was initiated to find them but with no results.

The Phantoms quickly organized themselves and stole several military and civilian vessels. They have presumably left Manhattan but no one can be sure at the moment, are we safe in Liberty? Are they going to find us next time we go up in space? Can our Navy deal with this new threat in our system? One can only hope. I appeal to thee now fellow citizens, please if you see any sign of these Phantoms, report it to the nearest Navy or LSF officer on duty. These are dark times for Liberty, I hope we get out of this crisis soon.

Ending transmission..