Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Aurelia signaled the Ange Gardien's communications officer to begin recording. She somberly looked at the bridge's camera.

"I greet you, Zoners. The last time I communicated with you in this manner was to be honest about my identity, and deliver my final thoughts and advice on a movement, and ideal, that I became very familiar with over the decade I spent in it."

"Now I contact you in order to bring others to honesty. Something I feel that Sirius, and especially the Zoners, is severely lacking in lately."

She shook her head. "I will not claim innocence in my actions. I have ordered attacks on Zoner ships, as well as an attack on Freeport Ten. Many point to these events as evidence of my vendetta for vengeance, my evil and barbaric ways, my goal of destroying and annihilating the Zoners... Not only are these assertions ludicrous and shameful, but they are also lies fed to the rest of you. Something they will not point out, is that each and every one of these attacks was carried out in retaliation for an earlier attack inside Gallia by Zoner warships seeking to kill me, for doing no more than leaving the Zoners and returning to my homeland."

"Many like to call me a traitor. That I betrayed the Zoners, stole their secrets... I ask you, what vital secrets of the Zoners have become public since my departure? Have others started building their own Jinkusu's? Have the Aquilons become a black market-traded blueprint? Have transcripts of the Zoner Security Council meetings surfaced? None of these has happened. The Zoners don't even know what information I took with me, nor what information I was trying to obtain in my stay in Sirius. It is nothing but a convenient excuse to assault me, to kill me."

A look of disgust crossed her face. "Make no mistake, the Zoners were not betrayed. No. The only thing that was betrayed, was man's pride. A disease that plagues humanity far more than anything I could ever hope to accomplish."

"I've been accused of spying on the Zoners, spying on Freeport Ten, and toppling the Zoner Alliance. While it is flattering that you think I could manage that when I had already returned to Gallia, I can't in good conscious claim to have accomplished that. The failure of the Zoner Alliance was of their own doing, in a manner which I, and many other Zoners, predicted from the start would happen. When an organization is created in such a underhanded and manipulative manner as the Zoner Alliance, there is a certainty that it will fall quickly to its own dirt-smeared hands."

"The Alliance, unlike the Council of Zoners, which existed for years and years with not a single war having been waged, was peppered with conflicts with other groups, and within itself. The Alliance chose its guns above words as its weapon."

"Your leaders tell you to fight. That you must defend yourself against the cruel and oppressive Gallic monarchy. But has their fighting led to your peace, your safety, or your neutrality being respected? It has led to wars upon wars, it has led to the near destruction of Freeport Ten, dozens of your fighter pilots, and two of your colony ships. Not to mention the losses suffered at the hands of others in Sirius. Have the self-proclaimed leaders of the Zoners delivered on their promise of freedom through violence?"

Aurelia spread her hands in an open gesture. "Has Gallia declared any war on the Zoners? Have we called for the Freeports in the Taus to become our property? Has our 'cruel and oppressive Monarchy', supported by the vast majority of Gallic citizens, done any of the crimes we are accused of? Think carefully on this, and see if there is any evidence of the acts your leaders claim we have committed."

Aurelia nodded to the communications officer, at which point he began uploading several data packets into the transmission. "I will give what evidence I hold, freely. I shall not make vague insinuations and bold accusations backed by nothing more than words and rallying war cries."

Original Transmission to the Zoners.
Declassified Report, #32; T.A.Z. Cruiser, IKS-bortaS' attempted assassination of Aurelia DeFrance at Planet Nevers, Burgundy.
Declassified Report, #31; Trespassing of Gallic space by the T.A.Z. again, ship class unidentified, bearing ship name of Rainus Uysison.
Declassified Blackbox Recording; Zoner Defense Force, Zoner Alliance-funded force, bring a Cruiser and Fighter into Dauphine.

Aurelia shrugged. "As you can read and see for yourselves, when I left, I made no threat to attack the Zoners. I had no vendetta or wish for vengeance. All I wished was for the Zoners to leave Gallia alone and respect its policies towards trespassing. And as you can see, that request was spit on. Not only was our sovereign space violated, but it was by warships intent on killing me. We got the words straight from the bortaS' Captain's mouth. He was there to kill me. This was no ignorant exploration, this was no attempt for diplomatic negotiations. It was a blatant attempt on my life for doing nothing more than leaving Sirius."

"What I have sent to you is but a fraction of the incursions into our space. There were dozens of violations, but not all of our scout ships were able to record them and send that evidence. I'm sure the Omicron Supply Industries leader, Victor Cross, won't try to claim he wasn't caught in Dauphine by myself, along with one of their transports. The T.A.Z. were also caught delivering supplies to the rebels in Langudoc, and the Maquis terrorists in Dauphine. Terrorists responsible for far more death and destruction than I am accused of creating."

"You might say, 'But you attacked Freeport Ten! I don't believe anything you say!'" Aurelia shrugged. "You have every right to hold that opinion. But did you know that at the time of the attack, Freeport Ten was the main headquarters for the Omicron Supply Industries, that had just before that been caught violating Gallic space on more than one occasion? There were no innocents on that station. Those that see their leaders make decisions that put their safety in jeopardy and don't speak out against it, are just as guilty for the result as those that pull the trigger. Why do you think I spoke out against the creation of the Zoner Alliance? Because I saw the policies, the mentality, behind the leadership of that organization, and that it would put the safety of all other Zoners in danger. And exactly that happened."

"This guilt continues. The T.A.Z. have put their pride and ego before the future of Freeport Six and its residents. They continue to do so, by appointing an administrator to that station that personally entered Gallic space and attempted to assassinate me. Do you truly believe their actions are the model actions of a Zoner? If so, than the last of the positive aspects of your movement have been swept away in a wave of irrational and baseless hate."

"As I said at the beginning. It is time to demand honesty from those who claim to lead the Zoners. I don't expect you to like me, or believe me. But to blindly follow the words of others without thinking for yourself or seeing the evidence of their claims is a disservice to yourself and all the others your actions endanger."

"When I was a Councilor, the Zoner Defense Force and other volunteers acted to defend other Zoners, and our trade captains were independently-minded people who wished for freedom and to supply the Freeports. But as the Council gradually deteriorated and the three major organizations took charge, more and more of our ships, pilots, and resources were used to aid pirate and terrorist organizations in fighting the houses. And these were not calculated moves to keep attention off ourselves, as is the case with the Outcasts and Corsairs and our supplies to them."

"No, these actions were taken for selfish and dangerous reasons. Reasons of hate and vengeance. Reasons that not only didn't benefit the Zoners, but put them in direct conflicts with the houses and provoked violent responses from them. I trust the events of the Omegas and the fighting with the Bretonian Privateers haven't been forgotten, or worse yet, twisted."

"The Zoners are not vigilantes or terrorists, and those that encourage that behavior shouldn't be tolerated, let alone be held up as rolemodels for the rest of you."

"Ascertain the facts, piece them together, and then find the truth."

The screen blanked.
Incomming transmission
Steve Vontaan
Freeport 10

Message Begins

Princess Aurelia Eyes Only

This does not reassure me Madame as I have asked. The OSI vessel that you believe to be rightfull to attack Freeport 10 was contacted by the TAZ transport under false pretences. How is firing on Freeport 10 justifiable when only one OSI ship was involved.

I shall make this clearer to you Madame. You start reassuring me you get to use Freeport 10 as long as you understand it's policies and willing to help with damages to the station.

Princess Aurelia Eyes Only

Steve Vontaan
*From New Lusitania, Gran canaria*

*To Princess Aurelia eyes only*

Greetings Princess Aurelia

My name is Viriato, and i'm the leader of small community on Gran Canaria, call New Lusitania.

Princess let me tell you this, i'm a Freeport 7 survivor, where i lost my parents and my younger sister, after i spend my whole life surviving as Zoner, mainly working on ship building and reparing. Years later i had a change to serve on a new class vessel, the Fearless. I start has maintenace and ended has first officer. And ended is the right word. The ship was destroyed on Omicron Delta by BHG ships during the conflict of FP11. We fought the Nomads, pirates and even the Corsairs on the conflict of FP9, and during that time that i was on that ship, i saw many things from Zoners that i can say that i'm proud and many that i can say that i'm ashamed of been a Zoner. While many of us was been murdered by Corsairs and BHG ships, some Zoners were away and having drinks with those who ordered the genocide, and when we asked fo help ... well ... if i asked for help to this wall, that i have in front of my desk, i would probably had better responce. My ship was destroyed and i was the only one that survived. After that i found some old friends, we manage to get a Conference class gunship and started to explore Sirius. I must honestly say that we went to Gallia, some of your ships shot at us and we shot then, and no other actions were taken. After explorating i found more people like me, Zoners that don't have nothing even no hope, we united and created a community where we can really be free. And we have it now on Gran Canaria, where all, born Zoners or not, can have a second chance on life, and prepare a a better future to the next generations to come.

Now about your words ... all i know about you as what others told me. i'm willing to resest my opinion about you if your actions are the same of what you are saying. Over the times, many inocent Zoners died because of the action of other Zoners, so what i ask you is to know who really are your enemies and only shoot then. If you do that i will not order any of my ships to engage yours on the Taus, but if you fail to follow your promise ... i can count with more ships on your opposite line. I think that this is fair, isn't it? By the way ... Omega 49 and mainly Gran Canaria are too far from you ... right? A station can be defended, New Lusitania is well defended, but many of the planet population isn't!

So Princess, i please ask you to honor your word.

Best regards

Viriato
An image appears of Doc in some old Western attire. Neatly dressed with a glass of wine before him. He is smiling.

Why hello there, Aurelia!

He picks up the glass and swirls the wine
Such a fine product you all have!
He then downs it, putting the glass on his desk when finished
Yes, a fine product indeed. I have stores of it at home as the misses loves it.

Now, you've been saying some pretty mean things about me. Now that's not very nice when you consider that I was the person who gave you your first taste of power when I appointed you chairwoman of the old Council of Zoners. I did so from my hospital bed. Then I see that Daddy lays claim to the Taus. How quaint!

Maybe you didn't publicly release Zoner secrets but you did in fact take them with you when you defected to Gallia. Can you blame a few rogue Zoners who might want to take your head for it? I'm pretty certain that if it was someone of the DeFrance family that defected that y'all might do the same if for no other reason to keep that person from revealing secrets. Don't deny it either!

As it was, long before you defected, TAZ leadership made attempts at peaceful communications with you people, not once but twice and we were spit on. Now we're expected to listen? Charma sucks, doesn't it?
I think some of these comments sum it up nicely how we were greeted.
Lily LaCroix said,
Quote:The only future relations we will have with Sirians such as yourself will be at gun-point.
Princess Arielle DeFrance:
Quote:To all citizens loyal to the Crown, and our friends who wishes to help us; know your duty, and leave not a single Sirrian vessel passed our borders. This applies to all "zoner" crafts, which claims a neutrality, yes, a neutrality in the Sirrian world known as greed. We, Gallic, are proud, and will remain free from their corruption!

There is more on this trancript if you care: upload
Oh yes, we are so greedy. We are so corrupt. Look at yourself, look at your family...wanting to take over everything and run it for yourself. Heh, and you call us corrupt?

Of course I know about Rajuc and the bortaS. He went in of his own free will and against my decree for TAZ ships to stay out of Gallia, a decree that stands to this day. Rajuc was removed from the TAZ as a result and I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that he was killed on his way to Canaria by a group of Mollies. I dealt with other pilots in the same way.

Another lie I will address. I appointed no one to run Freeport 6. It was never ours to run. The Commander of that base used it as his base of operations when the Zoner Defense Force began which was ultimately very short lived. Since no one ran the base and he had nowhere to go, he was selected by his peers on center to administrate it. He has done so admirably since.

You call my hatred baseless. You betrayed me by defecting after I put my trust in you. You slaughtered innocent men, women and children because a trade ship was in Gallia. As a doctor, I cannot stand for that. You, Bretonia, Corsairs, Nomads, Wilde....have all done that. Why I continue to seek understanding after all of it I don't know. I told no one to fight. What I did say was that we won't seek one but we will be damned if we will live under the tyranny of a family bent on revenge, who hates all Sirians. We didn't choose you as an enemy, you chose us.

Dr. John Holliday
Message only visible by Doc John Holliday

[Image: crosstrans.png]
Calm yourself, John! You are letting your emotions control you, you are playing into Aureila's hands. Your words are being heard by every Zoner; you are setting a poor example for them. Yes, Aureila betrayed our trust. I ask is your dignity and pride worth your life? The lives of the 800 men, women, and children on Six?

You complain that the Gallic Crown spit on you when you made attempts at peaceful communications, did you ever stop to think that didn't want us there for a reason? The sudden influx of Sirian goods and peoples would have also brought Sirian diseases, bacterias, and viruses; which could have killed thousands upon thousands of their people. For what? A shipment of wine? To satisfy one's curiosity?

You know the TAZ were wrong in sending ships into Gallia, I know you know this because you gave the order for them to cease operating there yourself. Did you expect the violations of their law to go unpunished? If the TAZ had taken a pair of Fearlesses into New York; trying to kill one of their senators do you think Liberty would have merely destroyed them and been done with it? No. We both know it would have carried a heavier consequence for all of your people. Gallia's only punishment for your actions was to ban you from their space; until you've made ammends for your actions. I see no wrong in that, we do that to people who transgress our policies on the Freeports on a daily basis.

The fact that Commmander Matok entered Gallia to kill Aureila is only going to serve Aureila. I'm not going to ask you to have him step aside, he is a damn fine administrator. I am going to ask that you temper his anger. We both know his blood boils quicker and hotter than either of ours; for the sake of the inhabitants of Six. They did not choose to be thrown into this feud. They deserve better from you, from Matok, and from the rest of us.

I failed the people of Ten. My actions nearly caused the destruction of the station; cost the lives of many of the people who lived there. For what? My pride? My dignity?

Aureila isn't demanding our loyalty. She, better than any Gallic, knows that we would die before pledging ourselves to her father's crown. She is demanding that her people be treated as we treat every other people out there. She is asking for our policy of accepting everyone, no matter their background, creed, color, or religion be extended to her people. What have the Gallic people done to not deserve that? Her actions cost them that same treatment? In the transcript you attached you yourself said, and I quote "Please, don't judge all Sirians for the actions of a few." You are judging all Gallics by her actions.

OSI will not aid anyone, the TAZ included, in an offensive war with Gallia. That isn't the Zoner way. We will defend ourselves. If the Royals ignore our neutrality, we will aid our allies in our own way. The way we always have; the only way we can. With logistical support. Your public disapproval of Mr. Mace and myself only serves to splinter our community. I'll ignore the fact that you disapproved of what we said, then went on to say the same thing just in a more aggresive way.

You've allowed your emotions to get the best of you, let the Coalition manipulate you, and are now influencing others to make decisions that will end in their deaths.

Refusing to swallow one's pride is as dignified as surrendering one's freedom. Aurelia betrayed your trust, she made a fool of your judgement. She did the same to a good deal of us. You wish to retain your dignity? Swallow your pride.
[Image: transmissionbottomf.png]
[Image: chaospin.gif]****************Incoming Transmission*******************[Image: chaospin.gif]
Source: Pueblo Bonito
Sender: Professor Louis Carlisle
Encryption: Very High

[Image: dan-obannon.jpg]
Greetings, doubt you've forgotten about me

[font=Lucida Console]
Hmm, you say we've trespassed your space. I won't deny that claim, but the one thing worrying me is that the first time I encountered your people. I was met with guns pointing at our trade ship. A trade ship bringing supplies to your base.

Eris sent us to establish trading relations with your people and learn from your culture. A new House speaks of wonderful and new discoveries.

Surprisingly we've tried to use diplomacy, as Doc said, to avoid any complications but still, your navy responds with aggression. Aggression that was built-up over the years over some betrayal of our ancestors. Your distrust of outsiders has proved to be the first aggression towards us.

Not all Zoners are the same. Zoners come from all kinds of people. We are a mixed group coming from the 4 major Houses and other factions. It's as if your speaking of the Zoners as one whole body and not several parts pieced together.

Think of it as a human body, there are some parts who use their muscles to often and there are others who use their brain and such.

My Captain and our crew didn't trespass your space for some pity reason. We trespassed your space to bring a message and to prove that no matter how we use diplomacy to solve simple matters, you insist on throwing fire at us.

So don't say that we fired the first shot......

P.S. In accordance with our statement, here is a communications log to prove our point:

[color=#33FFFF]****Uploading part of ship logs****
Quote:
[30.01.2010 11:42:06] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: Hello Mr Uysison, I am Victor Cross. I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting yet.
[30.01.2010 11:42:08] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Transport
[30.01.2010 11:42:55] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: Hola
[30.01.2010 11:42:55] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Pleasure to meet you
[30.01.2010 11:43:13] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Whats up??
[30.01.2010 11:43:43] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: Nothing much, just testing some new trade routes for the company. How are you doing?
[30.01.2010 11:43:49] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Fine
[30.01.2010 11:44:03] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Apparantly I'm stuck here at Burgundy
[30.01.2010 11:44:17] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: How so?
[30.01.2010 11:44:22] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: GRN patrols
[30.01.2010 11:44:27] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: they have been hunting
[30.01.2010 11:44:40] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: They were ordered to shoot every TAZ ship now.. or so they say
[30.01.2010 11:45:00] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I ran and is currently at Macon Base
[30.01.2010 11:45:19] OSI-Tydirium: Sounds like the French Royals. I can come assist you if you want.
[30.01.2010 11:45:27] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Too risky, call for help
[30.01.2010 11:46:14] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: What intrests the TAZ so much in Gallia?
[30.01.2010 11:46:25] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I am only trading here, peacefully
[30.01.2010 11:46:49] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: Ah, I had thought about exploring the area for trade options but it is too risky.
[30.01.2010 11:46:52] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I dont know but it seems they are hostile to us...
[30.01.2010 11:47:19] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: Doc says he offered his hand in trade and they basically spat on him.
[30.01.2010 11:47:27] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Yes I have heard
[30.01.2010 11:47:42] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Please send help immediately
[30.01.2010 11:47:46] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I"ll try to take cover
[30.01.2010 11:48:22] OSI-Tydirium: One moment let me dock and unload my strikecraft. Fighter or bomber needed?
[30.01.2010 11:48:31] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: They are too many
[30.01.2010 11:48:43] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: But dont worry
[30.01.2010 11:48:47] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I am not in danger yet...
[30.01.2010 11:48:48] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: Your location good man!
[30.01.2010 11:48:59] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Macon Base, Burgundy
[30.01.2010 11:49:37] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: And sorry for the trouble
[30.01.2010 11:50:04] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: No problem, I'll have to check the nav maps for the fastest route to you.
[30.01.2010 11:50:13] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I can give you coordinates
[30.01.2010 11:50:47] OSI-Tydirium: Victor: I will be in a moment.
[30.01.2010 11:57:22] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Greetings GRN, looking for me. You can find me at *censored*
[30.01.2010 11:58:19] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Vermin! Show yourself instead of hiding behind the skirts of the Council!
[30.01.2010 11:58:44] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Your compatriot at least had the honor to face us on the battle line!
[30.01.2010 11:58:44] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I pose no threat to Crown nor to the Princess.. I'm merely a trader...
[30.01.2010 11:59:02] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Sorry to say my ship is not fit for the battle line
[30.01.2010 11:59:24] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I am merely a trader.
[30.01.2010 11:59:47] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Bah, of course not. I would not expect after the dozens of other Zoners we dismissed that you'd see a pattern.
[30.01.2010 12:00:50] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: If you have any agression against us. Please dont include me.
[30.01.2010 12:01:02] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: *Laughs* That's rich. Ironic even.
[30.01.2010 12:01:24] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Then the blame falls upon your foolhardy compatriot who took up arms with the rebel mice
[30.01.2010 12:02:00] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: For that, there is no recourse but to put all of you to the blade.
[30.01.2010 12:02:28] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: A blade which will not find me..
[30.01.2010 12:02:34] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Not to mention whatever Sirians you may be serving.
[30.01.2010 12:03:32] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus:Whatever reason you blame us, I have to say I am sorry but the real threat is not us..
[30.01.2010 12:03:48] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Have you ever heard the name "Nomad"?
[30.01.2010 12:04:12] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Sirian, I care not for your fantasies.
[30.01.2010 12:04:32] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: You presence alone is an affront to the sanctity of His Majesty's domain.
[30.01.2010 12:04:38] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Nomads? You honestly thing we'll cower in holes from Nomads?
[30.01.2010 12:04:58] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I dont think that... but we have a war against them...
[30.01.2010 12:05:01] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: I know what the Nomads are, I've fought them, or have you forgotten the last thirteen years so quickly?
[30.01.2010 12:05:36] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I dont forget history... I study them to prevent the mistakes which happened many years ago...
[30.01.2010 12:05:59] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Then why are you here, cowering with the Council, when you should be dying with your companions against these Nomads?
[30.01.2010 12:06:24] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I am not cowering behind the Council. I am making money to fund the war.
[30.01.2010 12:06:26] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Your Highness, don't tell me all of these 'Zoners' are as pitiful.
[30.01.2010 12:07:11] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: *Chuckles* There are a few.. Who have a brain.
[30.01.2010 12:07:30] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Tell me Zoner, does the name 'Aurelia Silvan' ring any bells?
[30.01.2010 12:08:01] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Yes I know what you did... It doesnt affect me for I am not seeking revenge.
[30.01.2010 12:08:21] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Fighting is not the answer to everything..
[30.01.2010 12:08:26] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: My, a Zoner true to the ideals..
[30.01.2010 12:08:35] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: A bold-faced lie! You are an accomplice in her Highness' failed assassination by that beast of a captain.
[30.01.2010 12:08:44] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: It's a pity those ideals have hampered the Zoners, and caused their degregation.
[30.01.2010 12:09:11] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: That captain.. he was dearly affected by the actions of your Princess..
[30.01.2010 12:09:41] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: And now his warship was dearly effected by the might of His Majesty's Royal Navy
[30.01.2010 12:09:51] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Her Majesty's..
[30.01.2010 12:10:13] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: New Paris is over there, behind all the sealed gates.
[30.01.2010 12:10:46] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Apologies, your Highness, but His Majesty still sits on the throne.
[30.01.2010 12:10:55] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Yeah.. Behind all the locked jumpgates.
[30.01.2010 12:11:00] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I ask you know.. What will you do.. when you've have killed us??
[30.01.2010 12:11:06] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Once he comes back over here, my father can claim to be running this armada.
[30.01.2010 12:11:27] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Currently it's under the control of Joseph and LaCroix. Myself as well, to a political degree.
[30.01.2010 12:12:11] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Will the fighting stop?? No, it will never stop because they will fight for freedom..
[30.01.2010 12:12:39] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Tell that to the citizens of Gap, whom they mercilessly killed.
[30.01.2010 12:12:50] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: That's to be expected. Mongrels wouldn't know true culture until it shot them in the face.
[30.01.2010 12:13:17] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Um actually you and the Council accuse each other.. but thats the consequence of war
[30.01.2010 12:14:02] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: War shall never be nor be thought in my mind! I shall fight with the pen and not the sword!
[30.01.2010 12:14:51] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Oui, Sirian. You continue with those 'ideals' whilst your companions fall.
[30.01.2010 12:15:12] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Perhaps you can write your own epithet as well, hmm?
[30.01.2010 12:15:23] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Zoner, you
[30.01.2010 12:15:24] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus:They fall for the good reason that in their minds. You are the enemy.
[30.01.2010 12:15:30] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: have the right idea.. To a degree.
[30.01.2010 12:15:35] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Words can be very powerful.
[30.01.2010 12:15:49] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: I know this personally, quite well.
[30.01.2010 12:16:07] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: And the situation created with my final message as Aurelia Silvan reinforced this idea.
[30.01.2010 12:16:23] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: However, words are meaningless with no action or intent to support them
[30.01.2010 12:16:56] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: You could preach the best sermon or deliver the greatest speech of all time, but nothing will come of it if you cannot
[30.01.2010 12:17:00] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: deliver on those words.
[30.01.2010 12:17:28] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: That is the fundamental flaw in the Zoners.
[30.01.2010 12:17:33] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: *Bows* True, when the time comes to fight let it be unleash
[30.01.2010 12:17:38] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Not that they are pacifist, not that they are neutral.
[30.01.2010 12:17:50] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: But because they don't have the will to protect what they claim.
[30.01.2010 12:18:04] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: *smiles* you never know what hides in the shadows.
[30.01.2010 12:18:23] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Zoner, I know everything the Zoners have.
[30.01.2010 12:19:07] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: That was my reason for being there afterall.
[30.01.2010 12:19:18] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: If thats so... then we,the Zoners, will gather allies to fight alongside.. However that will be difficult...
[30.01.2010 12:19:27] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Difficult indeed.
[30.01.2010 12:19:42] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Who will ally with you when they know they could trample you just as easily as help you.
[30.01.2010 12:19:54] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: You've shown yourselves to be too squeamish.
[30.01.2010 12:20:21] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Too incapable and unmotivated to let others know that your decisions will be enforced.
[30.01.2010 12:20:22] OSI-Victor.Cross: Alright, am I jumping to that side or are you coming through?
[30.01.2010 12:20:35] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: You know every person outside of your world has a quite an imagination of your people....
[30.01.2010 12:20:36] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Force isn't something to use with impunity. But it isn't something to disregard either.
[30.01.2010 12:20:46] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I"m coming
[30.01.2010 12:20:57] OSI-Victor.Cross: Are you being pursued?
[30.01.2010 12:21:14] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Yes
[30.01.2010 12:21:22] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Ship on my Scanners
[30.01.2010 12:21:50] OSI-Victor.Cross: I'll follow you just head out once you are through.
[30.01.2010 12:22:17] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus:I feel sorry that they left you along time ago..
[30.01.2010 12:23:12] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: The Sirians must pay for the sins of their fathers.
[30.01.2010 12:23:24] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: And their sins of the present.
[30.01.2010 12:23:55] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Oui, a punishment that can only be paid in blood!
[30.01.2010 12:23:57] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: You!
[30.01.2010 12:24:05] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Well good luck fighting the war. I just wonder how many will perish just so they could have revenge..
[30.01.2010 12:24:23] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Another Zoner!
[30.01.2010 12:24:38] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: I knew the mice were up to no good
[30.01.2010 12:24:39] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: My time has come to leave.. Princess..
[30.01.2010 12:24:47] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Good day..
[30.01.2010 12:24:49] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Good day
[30.01.2010 12:24:59] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Stop at once!
[30.01.2010 12:25:02] OSI-Victor.Cross: Flee friend
[30.01.2010 12:25:22] OSI-Victor.Cross: What do you want Royal?
[30.01.2010 12:25:26] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Roger thank you OSI...
[30.01.2010 12:26:11] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: thank you Mr Cross...
[30.01.2010 12:26:40] OSI-Victor.Cross: They are following. Do not stop, I will stall them if it comes to that.
[30.01.2010 12:26:45] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Roger
[30.01.2010 12:26:58] OSI-Victor.Cross: So much hate for people who have done nothing to you Mr Mersenne.
[30.01.2010 12:27:02] OSI-Victor.Cross: Why is that?
[30.01.2010 12:27:20] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: I share the rage of our forefathers, the ones YOUR kind abandoned in Sol!
[30.01.2010 12:27:31] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Funny.. I have had a conversation with them...
[30.01.2010 12:27:37] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: It was nice..
[30.01.2010 12:27:41] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: The ones you sacrificed to the hordes, to save your own skins!
[30.01.2010 12:28:41] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: I wonder Mr Mersenne if you were on those ancestor's shoes...
[30.01.2010 12:28:42] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Your silence only condemns you, Sirian.
[30.01.2010 12:28:44] OSI-Victor.Cross: I sacrificed no one, how many innocents have you sacrificed in the name of revenge? 100s? Thousands?
[30.01.2010 12:29:07] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysiso: Cpt Rainus:What would YOU do...
[30.01.2010 12:29:39] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: Bah, the Council condemns its citizens to a life of squalor
[30.01.2010 12:29:56] OSI-Victor.Cross: You condemn your citizens to the same.
[30.01.2010 12:29:59] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: We fight for the grace of His Majesty the King, and he demands justice
[30.01.2010 12:30:07] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Would you also leave us behind??or would you save us??
[30.01.2010 12:30:09] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: If it will not be with you, then perhaps your captain friend.
[30.01.2010 12:30:24] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: I am certain he will be willing to answer for your crimes, no?
[30.01.2010 12:30:29] OSI-Victor.Cross: You fight for a cause that is not your own.
[30.01.2010 12:30:32] OSI-Victor.Cross: blah
[30.01.2010 12:30:54] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Cpt Rainus: Please Mr Mersenne if you can please answer this simple question..
[30.01.2010 12:30:54] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: And monsieur Uysison, you can continue 'writing' your way to peace while the captain faces the firing squad.
[30.01.2010 12:30:55] OSI-Victor.Cross: You fight for a cause that is not your own, one that you don't fully understand!
[30.01.2010 12:31:32] GRN|Blaise.Mersenne: How dare you tell me I don't know what I fight for! I am a Knight in His Majesty's Royal Navy. I fight for King and Country!
[30.01.2010 12:32:14] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: You didn't honestly think I'd let you out, did you?
[30.01.2010 12:32:29] OSI-Victor.Cross: Cease your fire Aurelia!
[30.01.2010 12:32:33] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Not a chance.
[30.01.2010 12:32:39] OSI-Victor.Cross: Fight someone that can defend themselvs!
[30.01.2010 12:32:48] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: Oh, I will.
[30.01.2010 12:33:01] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: I shall not fire
[30.01.2010 12:33:09] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: That'll simplify things.
[30.01.2010 12:33:10] GRN|Lucile.Montague: Entering the battle.
[30.01.2010 12:34:20] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: run victor
[30.01.2010 12:34:26] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: tell them about me
[30.01.2010 12:34:55] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: not good
[30.01.2010 12:36:39] GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance: We'll be taking our Tobacco back now.
[30.01.2010 12:36:45] Death: [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison was put out of action by GRN|Lucile.Montague (Gun).
[30.01.2010 12:36:54] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: Eject!
[30.01.2010 12:37:30] [TAZ]Rainus.Uysison: *sighs*... I will come back..
[30.01.2010 12:41:36] Death: OSI-Victor.Cross was put out of action by GRN|Aurelia.DeFrance (Gun).

~A statement from her most Graciousness~

Yours in Eris' concern,

Professor Louis Carlisle

[Image: chaospin.gif]*****************Transmission Terminated***************[Image: chaospin.gif]
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Victor Cross......and only Victor Cross.
Encryption: Godlike

Let's get something straight. While Matok doesn't need me to defend him, it was NOT him who went into Gallia seaking the head of DeFrance. The Commander's name was Rajuc, commander of the since destroyed ship I.K.S. bortaS....and he died with his ship and crew at the hands of the Mollies.
There is a huge difference between the two. Matok is aging and wise, Rajuc was much, MUCH younger and lacked wisdom. Matok backed me in warning him to stay out but he didn't listen.
Matok may be older and wiser but he's still a cunning warrior and fairly quick for his age nor does he have to demand respect. He earns it. Now do we have this part clear that it wasn't Matok?

Now here comes one of my own, Professor Carlisle, re-transmitting this old transcript which I still have in my files. It is nice to see that you came to his aid but still, I am disturbed. Aurelia DeFrance destroys your ship and you want to just forget it. She kills many on Freeport 10 and I get the feeling that she is to be left unpunished. Perhaps if you were the doctor that so often had to write up the death certificates and then notify next of kin that their loved ones were killed by someone who wishes to extract revenge for something committed by family members generations ago you may not feel the same way. I'm tired of doing it myself and it really does play with your mind in ways you wouldn't like.

Aurelia is demanding we treat them with the same level of respect we do others? Please! Her own father has claimed the Taus and loyalty from those living in them. Might I remind you of what Lily LaCroix herself said to me, "
Quote:The only future relations we will have with Sirians such as yourself will be at gun-point.
It reminds me of a lifetime ago when I had a posse speak to some friends of mine in the same way. After one brother was killed and another crippled, I had no qualms in gunning down several of them. I may not take them in the cockpit but I challenge any one Royal at ten paces! In the meantime, I will tell you this. We won't go looking for a fight but you can bet your ass that we won't back down to their demands! That is non-negotiable. We also don't ask your supplies if you find that wrong.

My emotions are the edge I long ago lost when...He points to a coat rack in the corner of his office....I didn't wear those robes. Swallow my pride? Why Victor that is a hell of a thing to say.

-Doc

[Image: crosstrans.png]
She may have destroyed my ship, John, but she didn't kill me or capture me. Her forces allowed my escape pod to be picked up my Council forces. Aureila and I never saw eye to eye when she was amoung us, she had no reason to allow me to live, yet she did. I think her time amoung us changed her, made her less like her father. The attack on Ten was because of my actions, I carry as much blame for the deaths of those there as she does. I live everyday in regret over that day.

You cling to the words of a long silent military commander, as proof that they only wish our deaths. I know those words were but mere threats to keep us away. As I said, they lifted a death writ from my person, all that I did was agree to stay out of Gallia.

I'm not asking you to swear loyalty to the Gallic Crown, I'm begging you to use a less antagonizing tone with them; for the sake of other Zoners. Those on Six and those who travel in the Tau region.

Yes, John, swallow your pride. Do you honestly think a day goes by when I don't wish to take one of our fighters out and spill the blood of a Gallic Navy officer? I hunted Joker under an alias for his actions, no matter how many times I killed one of his thugs or helped in an assault on his personal vessel; it never brought me peace. Violence can never bring you peace. You know this, you're one of the ones who taught me that.
[Image: transmissionbottomf.png]
Comm ID: Episkopos Prime, Pueblo Bonito
To: Princess Aurelia and the Zoners

Your Highness,

We have known each other for many years. Even before the Council of Zoners, we knew each other. While the Discordians still lived for the most part on Gran Canaria, still dreaming of a home for our Church, we were associates.

I concede that not all our memories are "fond". I concede that the taint of revenge, and a certain amount of "hubris" on both sides has led us to this point today, at the end of the Grummet age.

I contend that now, at the dawn of a new Verwirrung Age, we have been blessed with a "new deck", as Doc might say.

We are faced with a new, primordial state of "chaos", which begs to be molded by all of us, through the choices we make, into a new, and perhaps "better" cycle of history.

To quote one of Hagbard's Three Laws, "Communication is only possible in non-threatening situations." I would hope and pray that all of us, Gallian and Sirian, Royal and "commoner", military and Zoner, will reflect on those words as we proceed into a new era of history.

While I no longer speak for the TAZ as a leader, I am still chosen by Eris to protect and defend her Church, and Temple. Baffin is a magickal place, full of Her presence, and dedicated to peace and freedom of spiritual pursuit. I trust that such concepts are not foreign to you, Princess, having known me, and my beliefs, for such a long time.

All that I can ask, of you, of my Church members, and of our brother Zoners, is that we realize the importance of our choices at this cusp in history. "Choice" is the engine of evolution. May we make our choices with foresight, consideration, and with the view that we are all tiny islands of humanity in a vast, unknown sea of space.

May we realize that each choice has the ability to mold our destinies, in tiny ways, much like the fabled "butterfly effect".

I remain open, to "non-threatening" communication, which I fervently hope and pray will advance the evolution of our human species into a bright new future. The alternative is unthinkable.

Regards,
Malaclypse
:::Origin of transmission: Kansas System:::
:::From: Dankien Moebus:::
:::To: Aurelia de France and Zoners:::
:::Encryption: yes:::

Bonjour Mme de France,

we have never met and I am not precisely aware of what happened when you suddenly returned to Gallia. However, I've learned to know zoners leaders, especially Monsieur Holliday which is indeed a peaceful person than can be trust. Additionally, I've always seen Monsieur Holliday placing civilians and zoners interests before his own interests even it could threat his own life. Therefore, when I see him very upset about you, I can hardly believe you did not do anything wrong to zoners as you pretend.

Now I am going to comment some part of your speech to give you some elements to understand the opinion of some members of the zoners community (I don't say the opinion of all zoners because I know a few zoners may think differently).

[zoners]...seeking to kill me, for doing no more than leaving the Zoners and returning to my homeland.
- A lot of zoners say you were taking with you some very secret information about zoners. I have difficulty to imagine zoners would create such lie to give them a reason to pursue you in Gallia and try to kill you. What would be their interest to do that?

I've been accused of spying on the Zoners, spying on Freeport Ten, [...] I can't in good conscious claim to have accomplished that.
- I am afraid your words won't be sufficient to convince the zoners community.

Your leaders tell you to fight. That you must defend yourself against the cruel and oppressive Gallic monarchy. But has their fighting led to your peace, your safety, or your neutrality being respected?
- This is interesting you talk about that because zoners were recently attacked by corsairs. Some zoners chose to fight for freedom and liberty, some other surrendered to preserve their safety and neutrality. I can understand both choices, it is really a question of opinion. I chose myself to fight because I thought and I still think value of freedom and liberty is priceless. As a matter of fact. those who fought did not have to concede anything to corsairs and now the situation is back to neutrality. Moreover, we can consider the situation has been improved because Zoners are now not obligated to bring food to Crete to be tolerated by Corsairs. I think those who fought perfectly defended the zoners way of life and actually improved it by freeing us from the Corsairs.

Have the self-proclaimed leaders of the Zoners delivered on their promise of freedom through violence?
- Our story with corsairs makes me answer "yes".
Just a remark, I don't know for OSI and TAZ, but Omicroners leaders are elected in a democratic process. So it is not correct to talk about self-proclaim leaders.

As I said at the beginning. It is time to demand honesty from those who claim to lead the Zoners. I don't expect you to like me, or believe me. But to blindly follow the words of others without thinking for yourself or seeing the evidence of their claims is a disservice to yourself and all the others your actions endanger.
- I perfectly agree with you. However, due to last hostile interactions with Gallia, I am sure you understand zoners have to prepare some defenses (at least those who would choose to fight), Especially after the threatening tone used by your king about Freeport 10. Zoners have to envisage Gallia may invade the Tau systems.

[...] more and more of our ships, pilots, and resources were used to aid pirate and terrorist organizations in fighting the houses. And these were not calculated moves to keep attention off ourselves, as is the case with the Outcasts and Corsairs and our supplies to them.
- This makes me think to another story of the zoners history. Not a long time ago, one of our allies was attacked by a House due to a conflict initiated by one of the House corporation. Therefore this allies was designated by this House as terrorist, unlawful, enemy of state, etc... but this did not stop some of the zoners (you know, those who believed in freedom...) to brought a support to this allies. This story to say that terrorist, pirate, brigand is not necessary an objective term. Indeed, most of the time such notion is defined by the local lawful government according to an arbitrary point of view. Now, if you consider the zoners dislike House governments and live out of the House spaces for that reason, you should consider that maybe, if some "unlawful factions" share the zoners ideology then it would be logical that zoners would help such factions in a way or another.

No, these [unlawful] actions were taken for selfish and dangerous reasons. Reasons of hate and vengeance. Reasons that not only didn't benefit the Zoners, but put them in direct conflicts with the houses and provoked violent responses from them. I trust the events of the Omegas and the fighting with the Bretonian Privateers haven't been forgotten, or worse yet, twisted.
- My perception is that, in the recent cases, it was mostly due to personal conflicts, like the Tomoe story in Freeport 1, and that it has nothing to do with zoners leaders decisions. However, I don't know for the privateers or older events, I am only talking of what happened during the last year.

The Zoners are not vigilantes or terrorists, and those that encourage that behavior shouldn't be tolerated, let alone be held up as rolemodels for the rest of you.
- As said previously it may be a question of point of view regarding the definition of terrorist, but more important: Do you really think you can tell the zoners how to behave?

After hearing you, I think we have a very different perception of zoners.
As I understand you, you think zoners are like a kind of brainless space mussels, focusing on their own living, with no will and no goals, not interacting with anyone excepted for trade to earn credits and even not defending themselves when they are attacked. I don't know how you get a such idea of zoners but I think it is far away from the reality.

Here is my perception of zoners and I think it is shared by a lot of us: we are human beings and we wish all civilians could live in peace and enjoy freedom, liberty and safety. For that reason, we developed our own societies trying to be independent from the House governments and now we try to influence the world as to make it fit better with our way of life. This is also why we always help our allies and those who share our ideology. It is true we are peaceful and we don't like war. This is why we do not fight the Houses like terrorists. However, we fight to defend our societies if we are attacked.

I sincerely think you should consider this vision of zoners society if you want to successfully deal with us.

Note that today, despite I am one of the Omicroners leaders, I only speak in my name as a member of the zoners community. But you can expect one of the other leaders will speak soon in the name of our organization.

Au revoir,
Dankien Moebus

:::End of transmission:::
Pages: 1 2 3