Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yomotsuhisame - Hogosha Agents Provocateur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[font=Palatino Linotype]Yomotsuhisame
[font=Century Gothic]Hogosha Agents Provocateur.
Hogosha affiliation / Mercenary ID.
No tag / Some tag.

[Image: Yomo4-1.png]

[size=medium][color=#FFFFFF]History

Rectitude, Courage, Benevolence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty. The seven virtues of Bushido led the nation of Kusari for years, being frequently revitalized in the times of troubles, being the stable idealist basis for the everlasting progress. Not only as a warrior code, but as a versatile role model, it was applied in every slice of Kusari society. Though, it was still an idealist model, pretty vulnerable to reality. There was no honesty in business deals, no honor in terrorist attacks, no rectitude in politics. And the loyalty to the Emperor, the leader of the nation, the wise one, was shaken. It wasn’t discussed on public, but the new wars and the stagnation on the old ones, the riots on the planets close to Sigma star cluster and the general course of the current Council and Jien Kogen’s government was not satisfactory for everyone.

In the changing world there were a people who predicted the different future for Kusari, the change in political attitude and the reviving of the national economics. While the ones stayed forever loyal, the more flexible organisations such as Hogosha Kaigi were worried and considered the alternatives they had. Honshu crisis still filled the news feeds and every day of it was injurious for the idea of further support of Emperor, and the tensions between Samura government and the representatives backed by Hogosha weren’t that favourable in spite of the lasting issues between the sides on the artifact market. It was repeated many times that the current government became harmful for Hogosha and many had agreed.

With both Samura and Kishiro interventions in the Council, many figures between the Hogosha lines started to fear that they could loose their positions within the government. The latest Kogen's decisions such as an open war with Gas Miners Guild did more damage than good to the Hogosha families. Even though GMG was hostile with Hogosha before, the Emperor's decisions about Sigmas, the main Hogosha operation and smuggling channel, created a
warzone from them.

At that time, the Yomotsuhisame, “the hags of Yomi”, became the Black Dragons’ tool to grope the changing political background and fuel the riots that should be fueled to reach the considerable degree of trust from those who were better fitting the role of their enemies in the past. The first success came with the massive deliveries of weapons to the rebels on Honshu, supported by Blood Dragons. That was the moment of truth, when the fire of hatred against the existing system was unleashed, it became much easier to be against when the rebellion broke out, setting houses on fire and crashing the cordons.

At that moment when the things looked too good to be true, the eventual progress made the organisation less careful, made it act in a considerably more open way, which could lead it to the catastrophe anytime soon.

[color=#FFFFFF]Disclaimer

After I made the latter write-up of a group with the faction affiliation and Mercenary ID, I understood what are those groups good for: while the official faction is obliged to act with the predefined plot in mind, the unofficial group with the ID that allows it to forge its own diplomacy appears to be a good tool to try the alternative way.

Hogosha had found themselves on the crossroads of the unstable political regime in the period which would end by the coup against the Emperor and change the House dramatically, though, they do not know it yet. The whole logic of those people who decided to try the risky way, promising a considerably more stable future in case of the failure of the current Council and Kogen's regime, is written above.

[color=#FFFFFF]Diplomatic Status

[color=#33FF33]Allies:

Hogosha.

Neutral:

GMG;
Kishiro Technologies.

Hostile:

Samura Industries.

Diplomacy sheet needs some serious updates indeed. Though, they would be, most probably, based on the outcome of the Honshu-based roleplay.

[color=#FFFFFF]Technological regulations

Permission for Hogosha ships and weapons.

Ships:
Hogosha;
Kusari Civilian.

Weapons:
Hogosha;
Kusari Civilian.

Other equipment and ships can be obtained via the deals or the advanced diplomacy.

[color=#FFFFFF]Roster

Me, myself and I. And some other people. Here come the character names:

Ohoyamatsumi
Hasshodo

[color=#FFFFFF]Relevant threads

Honshu riots!
Honshuchan - /hc/
Communication channel between Yuki Ayaka and Fujita Miu
Deliveries of weapons to the rebels on Honshu

If I may ask, what's the status towards IC.

And good luck to those three members.
I hadn't really thought about the relations with Interspace yet.

<strike>Though, it would, most probably, differ from the Black Dagons' approach given the considerably different methods and goals of the group - as well as the people, the trust of which the Yomotsuhisame wish to achieve.</strike>
This group has my full support. It fills the gab in Hogosha roleplay, we are missing. Good luck!
Rule-wise fomality, Hogosha and weaponry are granted.

~Pilgrim
This looks like an interesting take on Hogosha RP.
Good luck, I will be looking forward to see how it goes.

EDIT: Could you explain your neutrality with GMG a bit further?
' Wrote:EDIT: Could you explain your neutrality with GMG a bit further?

and why are you helping BD?
Good questions, gentlemen.

The controversy between Hogosha and the Guild is based on their conflicting interests on the artifacts market. The controversy between Hogosha and Blood Dragons is the conflict of the timeserving and revolutionary ideologies, basically, a political one.

Hogosha can't openly oppose Samura with its attempts to control the artifacts trade, but it can supply the riots on Planet Honshu, which are backed up by the Guild, and it can work with the Gas Miners against the Samura interests in the Sigmas.

The part about the Dragons is much simpler. Yomotsuhisame does not support the Dragons directly, but they used them as a key to fuel the events on Honshu. They hadn't got contradicting interests on the matter. Even more, they have the reasonable understanding when it comes to the opposition to the current regime.

The motivation is all described in the first post.
soo, you want to tell me, that hogs don't like when goverment support them, and closing eyes on all their shady deals?
And they want to overthrow current goverment 'cause of that?
Or you think that if samura will lose artifact route.... they will still remain lawful in kusari?
Yomotsuhisame is a kind of golden parachute or at least a golden mattress created in case the political crisis leads to the dramatic changes in Kusari. It's not a massive rebellion force, it's a considerably small group which takes the reasonable risk for the whole Hogosha, working with the forces opposed to the Emperor and the Council.

Samura had always played its role in the Kusari artifact trade, but the flow of the artifacts to Kusari was maintained by Hogosha, which is now losing its positions to the Samura which can utilize the whole power of the House. See the logic?

On a side note, I do not understand why do you refer to the Hogosha as a whole here, given that Yomotsuhisame is a small group with a specific purpose.
Pages: 1 2 3