Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OPERATION ATTRITION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: James_Layton_Ralston.jpg]

CLASSIFICATION : ALPHA

To : Flag and Staff Officers of the Bretonian Armed Forced

Re : Operation Attrition : General Objectives

Gentlemen, and the occasional Lady

I have never been one to micromanage. That is not necessary when one has as professional a Fleet as we do. We have never had a more effective Armed Forces than currently.

Operation Vindicator begins at 0600 Hours Zulu time. Most of your units have your orders for the coming operations in Leeds and Tau 31. You will notice that they are written in general terms. Field commanders of squadrons and battlegroups and individual raiders therefore have flexibility in those orders to take advantage of fluid conditions in the field; No plan survives contact with the enemy.

As a guide to our officers, I am reminding you about what this operation is about. One need only look to the name; Attrition.

Firstly, you will note that your orders speak primarily of the destruction of the enemy's ships. This operation is not about taking back our territory; that will come in time. This operation is about one thing only:

Destroying the enemy's ships and killing their pilots.

When we attack en masse in various locations at the beginning of the operation, the enemy will believe it is the prelude to the reconquest of Tau 31 and Leeds. For now, it is not. They will respond in force. And where they do, we will feign retreat.

And they will follow. Into a myriad of traps, set to exterminate their forces. Those who know the history of ancient Earth will recognise the tactics that made it possible for Mongols on steppe ponies to slaughter the cream of Europe's knighthood, thousands of years ago.

Your orders, men and women of the Armed Forces, are simple:

Stay alive. And be sure the enemy does not.

Trusting the above is sufficiently clear,

Fleet Admiral James Ralston.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ralston hit "send" on his console and within minutes his words were before each Flag Officer in the fleet, and would be read aloud to all the crews at H-hour. He turned to speak to the man in the shadows behind him.

"How sure are you that the Gallic Royal Navy will take advantage of Kusari's momentary weakness?"

The man shrugged, sipping on the scotch he had been nursing for twenty minutes. When he spoke, traces of a Gallian accent betrayed a long time in deep cover.

"As sure as anything can be in this business. The Sovereign is a ruthless man. He will not pass up an opportunity. This action will precipitate the invasion, perhaps not immediately, but it will. The pressure will come off us soon thereafter."

Ralston nodded, then turned to his viewing window where countless capital vessels were forming, performing final checks and drills.

He was silent for some time. When he did speak, he spoke slowly and deliberately.

"We are going into this with almost no reserves. Do you understand the significance of that?"

He turned and faced his guest.

"It means I am betting Bretonia herself that you are right."

**INCOM**
ID: Sir Jack Fraser, Duke of Norfolk
[Image: SirJack2.png]
HMS-DAGOBAZ

Ladies and Gentlemen, Members of the Armed Forces,

I here to fore mobilize the Leeds and Tau fleets into action, all captains under my command will direct their forces against the enemy in waves. A rolling cavalry charge of steel and particle weaponry that shall sweep the Kusari aside.

I want action reports made here by all members of the armed forces, indicating their flight time, log ins and log outs.

The person who makes 100 Kills shall join the prestigious ACE-100's club and be presented with a medal.

The person who makes 500 kills shall be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. Count your kills men, and get the job done.

Dagobaz will act as operational Command in Leeds, and will make a daily sortie to smite the blighters. But I want things made clear to each of you, don't give them a quarter, not one step back, men!

This is for the Realm, this is for the Queen, and this is for BRETONIA!

[Image: Norfolk.png]
Her Majesty's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing
Bretonian Armed Forces.
**ENDCOM**

==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
PILOT ID: Captain Evyn & Lieutenant Commander Feya
DETAILS: OPERATION VINDICATOR
BEGINNING TRANSMISSION:
[Image: 2wmpgyp.jpg][Image: 2gtq1j7.jpg]

Feya: Day 2 of Operation Vinicator...We began our assault at 1437 hours Sirian time and ended at 1635 hours...

Evyn: Kill count today so far.. 12 Battleships...30 Cruisers...15 Gunboats..26 Snubcraft...

==END OF TRANSMISSION==
**START TRANSMISSION**
ID: Captain Fergus Campbell

[Image: fergusqcp.png]
HMS-Sgean-Dubh

Aye lads,
[color=#FF9900]Tha' QCP's mobilised whit lill' we 'ave up in tha' TAU's tae rid tha' area of tha' pesky Rice Eatin' Munchins.

Gotta 100 kills already in tha' Sgian-Dubh... If ye boys are havin' a wee problem in holdin' down tha' pilots in yer holds.. Send 'um ova tae me! I wonnae hurt them... Much.. I can take 3000 o'tha buggers.. n'gladly!

Aye Nerfolk, tha' bet o'yers tae get 500 kills aye? Ye can pin a medal on me uniform yersel' yer lazy pile o'horse manure!

Fer tha' Queen!
[color=#FFFFFF]Campbell oot.
[Image: 25flv0j.png]

[Image: 29x6v6b.png]
[Image: 2ch6ik5.gif]

Good day,
I am sending the transmissions of my reports about the military actions of the operation "Attrition".

>>...updating...<<
-Security Post 1033
-Security Post 1036
-Security Post 1042
-Security Post 1052
[color=#009900]<<...updated...>>

The enemy casualties so far, are approximately 785.

[Image: 2gy3ytg.png]
== Discovered Signal ==

== Opening Message ==

[font=AR Julian][color=#33CCFF]Pilot ID: [color=#6666CC]Jonathan Sinclair

Subject: Pushing the KNF

Greetings members of the Admirality *salutes*
I am transmitting my report 'bout my killcount directly to you so it won't get missing within all the other reports comming in.

[color=#33CCFF]<sending data> Report #1043

Approximat killcount so far: 216
I would like to be given entrance into the ACE-100's club. I'm sure more kills will come so you can already prepare the flying cross *smiles widely*

[font=Kunstler Script]Yours, Lieutenant Commander Jonathan Sinclair

[color=#000099][font=AR Julian]== Message terminated ==

== Signal lost ==
*INCOMING TRANSMISSION...
*Sender ID:Macduff Battleship Tau 31
*Subject:Blackbox

Salutes*Sir Admiral,

the Battleship Macduff had finaly decoded the blackbox from Lt.Cdr.Ree ship.
It shows the last activitys from fighting against the KNF units.

**Incoming Data Files...
**Enter Password:""""""""""""
**>/Ship status
**>/blackbox counts
**>/blackbox last activity
**>/blackbox close
**Select File: /blackbox counts
**Searching...
**Select:/run list
**3 /Visual FIle:Leeds KNF DS
**4 /Visual File:Leeds KNF VHF
**5 /Visual File:Leeds KNF VHF
**6 /Visual File:Leeds KNF VHF
**7 /Visual File:Leeds KNF GB
**262/Visual File:Tau 31 KNF VHF
**Select File:/blackbox last activity
**Searching...
**>>>ENTER<<<
**Select File:/blackbox close
connecting...
connection established
password *********
access granted
upload report130981802.nfo
file found, streaming...

Source: Battleship York
ID: Lt. Alex Clarke

High Priority
Topic: Operation Attrition

[font=Fixedsys][color=#ddaa22]

Dear Admiralty,

I have done my best during the operation, and announce that as of 17 September 817A.S. I have managed to destroy aproximately 1 350 enemy snubcraft using my templar, I will do my best to increase this number even further

Aproximately 1050 of those kills took place in leeds

<div align="right][color=#9999FF]Alex Clarke
[font=Courier New][color=#33FF33]file ended
terminating transfer
logging out...
== Discovered Signal ==

== Opening Message ==

[font=AR Julian][color=#33CCFF]Pilot ID: [color=#6666CC]Jonathan Sinclair

Subject: Operation Attrition

Greetings members of the Admirality *salutes*
I am transmitting my report 'bout my killcount directly to you so it won't get missing within all the other reports comming in. I'd like to direct your attention to the first part of my open report.

[color=#33CCFF]<sending data> Report #1055

Approximat killcount: 729
As I promised that I will reach far more than 500 kills. 729 Sushi ships went boom by my hand.*laughs*

I won't bother you anymore because I know you have quite a lot of work to do.

For Bretonia and the Queen!
*cuts the transmission*

[font=Kunstler Script]Yours, Lieutenant Commander Jonathan Sinclair

[color=#000099][font=AR Julian]== Message terminated ==

== Signal lost ==

==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
PILOT ID: Captain Evyn & Lieutenant Commander Feya
DETAILS: OPERATION VINDICATOR
BEGINNING TRANSMISSION:
[Image: 2wmpgyp.jpg][Image: 2gtq1j7.jpg]

Feya: Day 7 of Operation Vinicator...We began our assault at 2155 hours Sirian time and ended at 0238 hours...

Evyn: Total Kill count in the Tau 31 part of Operation Vindicator: 514 total

==END OF TRANSMISSI21ON==