Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Amalgamated Australasians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, was just wondering if there would be interest in creating and roleplaying an Australian/NZ faction? I know there are at least a few of us out there on Disco who come from there, but membership would basically be open to all. My idea would be essentially a Freelancer and mercenary group, based in the Edge Worlds (the hardy people that we are) descended from NZ and Aussie expats who came to Sirius on the sleeper ships. There must have been at least a few on the ships, especially the Bretonia. So my idea is that the descendants of these people chose to unite together to preserve their culture, and move out into an area where they would be semi-autonomous.

As of yet I am just wondering whether people would be interested in forming and joining such a gorup. Even the name itself I just came up with as a draft. Thoughts people? Is it a good idea, or are there already far too many factions like this out there?
interesting but after so many years do u think they would still remember all that?
After 800 years, I'm not so sure that this particular subculture would have survived. If they weren't aggregated into the Bretonian and Libertonian populations, they've probably become Zoners.

Edit: How would you roleplay this in-game anyway? Go around calling everyone 'mate'?

Edit 2: Not to mention, forming racially or politically orientated factions (with reference to RL) can be an unwise choice.

Edit 3: I don't think it's permissible to use RL country names in character names or tags.
Well, the SCRA agents did it, and they can't be any more hardy than the Kiwis or Aussies. And RP wouldn't be based as trying to BE a Kiwi or Aussie, more just so that they have an inRP representation in Disco.
the whole story has to be nutted out, just sending out feelers as to whether an 'Oceania' faction (not real life country!) would be met with approval or not, or whether I should just let this idea die.
I'm willing to hear you out. What would this group actually do?

I'm also not a fan of the name. Perhaps Oceanic Alliance?
Yes yes yes! for the love of god yes!
Now all can feel the might of the Aussies! (Is our leader gonna be called Bruce? jk.)
I'd be very interested in this idea and I quite like the 'Oceanic Alliance' suggestion. I wouldn't mind being in the edge worlds that would make it even more fun.

/approve
Idea: represent such culture in or near Bretonia, attempting to get autonomy or such.
Well, I was thinking a mining company cause hey, those Aussies, they love to mine! But they would be heavily militarised obviously, and trying to eek out a living on the edges of space. Although this sounds a bit too much like the IMG, so since I am merely trying to start the faction for everyone, what do you guys say?
Perhaps we could get SynthFoods ships and RP taking synthetic sheep everywhere?:P
That's more like GMG lore/history wise.

Miners, autonomous, heavily militarised.

Though they don't have ways to mine gases ingame at this mod version.

I think there are enough IMG ships and that you should try introducing something more original.

Using handful of generic IDs for example. Even using Gaian ID and roleplaying something might be interesting. For example group that goes by old ways of oceanic islands, feels some bond to nature, etc.

/Brainstorming.
Pages: 1 2 3 4