Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Penny Dreadful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
::_Incoming transmission_::

::_Sender's Identification_::

Michael Jones

::_Location_::
Islay base, Edinbourgh

::_Subject_::
I'm back!

Oi, lads!

Did you missed me? I sure missed you! I was on vacation for some time. Damn, cannibals and stuff all around me. Yeah, I was in Gamma. All I wanted is to try my new carrot diet, but only stuff I could find were heads, and meat, and... Stuff. Did I mentioned there was no cardi? 'Coz... There was no cardi.

So, a friendly tip; If you want to go on vacation, NEVER GO TO DAMN CRETE! GO ON FREEPORT, HAVE FUN WITH ZONER CHICKS, AND HAVE SOME CARDI!

So, uh.. Yeah, Im alive and kicking. And when we are on kicking already; After I came home, I jumped in my ol' Eagle. So I was chillin' 'round Dublin when a dude appears on my scanners. I went closer, and BANG! Gaian wildlife, Gaian wildlife everywhere!
So I was like: Dude, your journey is over. Hand over those beasts, and I'l move them back to where they belong to.
And ye, he was all kind and stuff, so he gave me those beasts, and I moved them back to Islay.

And yeah, I met some new breed of IMG in Dublin... .:FTU:. ... Lame guys. They were all like Dublin is theirs, so I showed them how should they talk with us. They even told me that they worked with Gallic royalists, Mollies and Baffies. I'd say; "Shoot 'em all!"

ϡ ... ϡ ... ϡ

::_Transmission over_::

::_Incoming transmission_::

::_Sender's Identification_::

Michael Jones

::_Location_::
Islay base, Edinbourgh

::_Subject_::
GRN invasion report.

A man appears on screen, with some sort of animal in his hands. He sits on couch infront of camera, and starts talking:

Oi, lads!
You'd never guess what I survived. Dudes... Gallic invasion! There was approximatly six battleships, one cruiser, two gunboats and few snubcrafts which moved from Tau's, trough Edinbourgh towards Leeds. Ye, that's right. We had royalist right outside our doorstep.

He lights up a cigarette, takes a deep breath, and continues:

So, I was like chillin' around Tau 31, when all suddenly I met three Claymore captains. They were all like 'blah blah royalists went that way, but they payed us to stay aside'.. Dudes, you know what I'm sayin' ? We have traitors in our lines. Betraying Gaia, Bretonia, our bases, our families and everyone, for few million credits? Lame! They even tried to involve me in this stuff, but I was like: 'NEVER!', so they went back to Islay and let me alone with royalists.

He finished his cigarette, so he takes another one, and put that animal on the floor.

So I followed royalists to Leeds, where Baffies were trying to defend it. Yeah, they were all mad when they saw me, but who cares? I was sticking around, and tried to help as much as I can. So... Baffies. Their defense is rather poor. But then kusari dudes came. And guess what? Corrupted ones. Ye, Kusari battleship was shooting all around, including me, and he didnt even touched royalists. And then, Mollies came. Meh, maybe they were most reasonable people there, and they attacked royalists immediately and later got backstabbed by Baffies. So after all that mess with 6 GRN battleships, 2 Kusari battleships, 5 Kusari destroyers, Molly destroyer, and loads of Baffie snubs, Leeds got cleared. Ofcourse, some Kusarians, mollies and me left, so Baffies launched their battleships, and shot everyone on sight. Lame, ye? I help them to clear Leeds from royalists, and get backstabbed.

He grins.

Anyways, that would be all. Situation in Bretonia sucks, Baffies are lame as usualy, and Royalists are everywhere. Oh, almost forgot... I have loads of guncams to show you. Enjoy!

[ϡϡϡϡϡϡ]

::_Transmission over_::

[Image: zierratransmission.png]

So, I just got the news. During my absence Edinburgh gets invaded by those Gallia dogs and we run to Faroe (more like Faraway if you ask me) to ensure our survival. Well, that's a bummer.

But what really bothers me now is the way you lot have been behaving. Piracy? Really? We've worked so hard in the pass to make sure our brothers would stay true to the cause instead of following our Corsair 'friends' ways of living, only to find out that those efforts were in vain...

Surely there are other ways of ensuring survival while staying true to the real cause that brought us together.

Zierra out...
[Image: AnnoraAshTBfinal-2.png]

A full day of excitement. I'm sure I will need to take a rest for a little while after today.
First of all, as I was flying through Dublin looking for compassionate miners willing to share their profits, a patrol of FTU and a Molly found me. One thing led to another, and soon enough we were in a firefight. A LaBrise gunboat happened by and decided to help me, and Sequoia Hart arrived in time to help ward off the bombers that were attacking us. All in all, a good fight. We managed to scare off a bounty hunter as well.

We later found a Baffie cruiser and his bomber pet, both of whom we quickly dispatched. I have some good guncam pictures from that fight.

Guncam 1
Guncam 2

I need to go lie down...take care, Underlochers.
[Image: 2d94mfq.png]
[font=Century Gothic]Comm ID: [color=#33CC00]Veronica Lindvall
Subject: Hello!)))

I'm afraid to inform you that I'm back from my well-deserved rest in the upper Taus... Which has been totally screwed by these Gallic guys running over everything. Anyway, since I owe Seq and a few others a explanation about my sudden disappearance, I'll just share some eyecandy with you first, okay?

[A goddamn Bretonian battleship blowing up]

Of course, I also spotted a slippery gallic trying to move through Faroe, carrying refugees to no-idea-where and... Nox. I demanded the whole drug cargo pods so our Shire could retrieve it shortly after. Now try to figure what to do with it, heh. [So true]

So... yesh, I'm back. And ditched the red hair dye, even!
[Image: seq1.png]
Message from: [color=#e62545]Sequoia Heather Hart
Subject: [color=#e62545]Home, sweet home

Somehow I had returned from that suddenly long and terribly inspiring venture in the Omegas. Doubt we'll see the outcome of it anytime soon, but whatever. Guess the little everyday issues of our little cute world are a tad more important.

Speaking of them I suggest to implement simple measures: shooting to pieces anything that enters Faroe without prior discussion and submitting the variety of options to escape. Dead people don't speak as much as living ones, right?

Vero, Vero, hello, stranger.
[Image: seq2o.png]
Subject: [color=#e62545]Breaking bad

And here comes a good reason to spend some time outside. No one really cares that we do still exist and it only benefits us right now. We need to understand how much had Bretonia and Tauside changed since we got into the occupation.

Contact everyone you know, collect the bits of the information, be nice, threaten and do anything to get all as much comprehensive picture of the brave new world as possible. So far it seems that our priorities are the following systems:

Edinburgh;
Leeds;
Lewis;
Newcastle;
Orkney;
Tau-23;
Tau-31.

Stay calm and let's screw the world together.
~Incoming Message~
~Encryption - Medium~
~From - Thomas Webb~
~Subject - Dublin Patrol Report~

Today I left Islay to meet up with some of our pilots in Dublin. Upon my arrival I spotted a Molly attacking one of our ships. After entering the battle two more of our pilots came by and joined the clash. Not long after that one more molly came to assist his friend. The battle was pretty chaotic but we managed to gain the upper hand. The first molly got killed by the Nova torpedo our Waran bomber launched, the consequence of this resulted into death of the bomber who had launched the torpedo and one of our fighters who was in close proximity of the explosion.

The second molly was shot down by the rest of the squadron.
None of our pilots were harmed, the ones who lost their ships were safely returned to Islay base.

Thomas Webb , out.

~End of the message~
[Image: seq2o.png]
Subject: [color=#e62545]Sad, sad kiddie

Guess I missed the Dooblin for the last months away from there. Its attitude, its traditions, its Mollys, Cretans, with its evolutionary theory applied in people sequentially killing one another. This time we got pocketful of the imbecile Mining Guild's wannabes.

Should poke Henderson about them, but I never get around to it.

[Image: AnnoraAshTBfixed.png]

Annora appears somewhat disheveled, sitting on the edge of her bunk as she holds the camera in front of her. Bandages lace up one of her arms.

[color=#00cc00]Just had a fight. Barely scraped back to Islay alive. Talon's Embrace will be needing heavy repairs.

She sighs, glancing downcast, but grins despite herself and looks back up at the camera, still spritely and elfin.

Corsairs and SCRA came to help us. One of the largest fights I have been in yet. I hear that they managed to scare them all away.

It feels like it was worth it. It might be a while before these wounds heal. I'll have to drag myself to the medical bay soon.

Another pained sigh escapes her and she lies down on the bed, resting the camera sideways on the bed. She glances at it and turns it off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4