Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Extra Solar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So ?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=108791

Idea ? comments ? criticism ?

btw only 1/10 of the global Rp are there. But this is the main idea.

Thanks for your time.
1. Very poor grammar throughout the entire thread. If english is not your first language, Hire someone to go through and correct the problems for you.

2. A faction cannot have more than one ID or IFF - at least, they couldnt last time I was around disco.

3. Many of the projects and ideas you claim to have developed are already in development or use by other groups in Sirius, seems like ES is doing a little corporate theft to me.
Like the idea. Don't like the name. Too simple for scientist team.:P

Edit: And how dare you to take Shodan as your AI? O.o
First thanks to have readed it and for your replies.

: The name is simple due to the fusion of Extra Tech Corporation and Solarius Inc.

Qnd for shodan it's just a name in honor of that old game:P System Shock!

@ Tenacity : Yes I know for the grammar. But it's a first draft too see how ppl will think about this. If I see that it wouldn't be possible everything will be deleted.

Quote:2. A faction cannot have more than one ID or IFF - at least, they couldnt last time I was around disco.
Indeed but since the AI id Will Not have the tag... I think.

Quote:3. Many of the projects and ideas you claim to have developed are already in development or use by other groups in Sirius, seems like ES is doing a little corporate theft to me.

I will be very pleased if you find those thread. I have already searched and don't find something who match. Moreover the faction history is quite old so : as example the B0X-1 was created something like 200 years ago. So... right now in 819 it's obsolete.
' Wrote:1. Very poor grammar throughout the entire thread. If english is not your first language, Hire someone to go through and correct the problems for you.

2. A faction cannot have more than one ID or IFF - at least, they couldnt last time I was around disco.

3. Many of the projects and ideas you claim to have developed are already in development or use by other groups in Sirius, seems like ES is doing a little corporate theft to me.

1. I agree.

About point 2; a Faction can have a primary ID and any number of generic IDs as secondary IDs. All ships should probably share the same IFF.

3. I find them somewhat unrealistic...

Quote:_SHODAN : A deep space communication scientist found a new way to send message over Sirius using Jump hole all as emitter. The communication passing through this is safe and able to send lot of data in a little amount of time. The device is called: SHODAN (Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network) .

Jump Holes are gravitational anomalies... I really don't think you'll be able to utilise them as signal emitters, or even signal boosters. As far as we know they have no capability of retaining, processing or retransmitting specific electromagnetic radiation.

Quote:NOVALIGHT :
_Since the main issue of mankind is the lack of resources of energy (and also because it was the main problem of ES). ES started a foolish project concerning a nearly infinite energy generator. After years of research the simplest way to gather massive energy is a Star. The first test was to collide massive asteroid with nuclear charge on them. The result was an abnormality like the one in omega 3.

I think you mean Omega-41. Also, protip: That's not how a neutron star is created. Neutron stars are the leftovers of dead supergiant stars. Hypothetically, you would need an insanely huge asteroid to collide with a star to cause it to go supernova, and let's face it, a rock that size is probably busy being a planet somewhere.

Quote:25 years later, with the data gathered and the new technology discovered, the second part of the project was launched. By using massive particle collider in an hydrogen cloud they obtained their first real result, a small dwarf was born. But most of the masse was spread everywhere with the Star ignition.
34 years later, to counter this effect a new device was created: a gravity well generator. The one who already exist was used to maintain gravity on station and ship but not enough powerful. This one was able to simulate the presence of a large stellar body such as a planet or even more. This generator at is maximum, can compress to a planet a whole nebula in years.
6 years later, in the main ES system the last part was ready to begin. The center nebula of the Antarctica system was compressed in a sphere of 2.000.000 Km by 10 gravity well generator. Then the whole sphere was ignited by the new particle collider. The result was a white sun of 1.128.952 Km.
With this project Concordia Station have nearly limitless resources. The energy was provided by light and warm. Since the resource of heavy metal was collected during Solar storm.

Uh.... No. Just no. There is no real scientific backing to the proposed ideas. The power required for these devices would be quite simply off the charts.

A particle collider in a hydrogen nebula? No, I that wouldn't work. Stars take millions of years to form.

Quote:Dark Matter Research:
Since Ames and all the ES system are located near dark matter it was a primary research subject.
The dark matter storm research main goal was to know and prevent storm. But recently with the import of some promethium from Gallia, has renewed interest in the dark matter. Indeed, the promethium was able to act as catalyst. And produce energy. But very little is currently known and real research has just begin.

"In astronomy and cosmology, dark matter is matter that neither emits nor scatters light or other electromagnetic radiation..."

So just what kind of energy do you think you're going to get?

Afterthought: One of the best ways to totally harness a star's energy is with a Dyson Sphere, and no, humans haven't figured out how to build them. (The Daam K'Vosh have, though.)
To all your scientific statement echo : Just one example

Quote:"In astronomy and cosmology, dark matter is matter that neither emits nor scatters light or other electromagnetic radiation..."
In freelancer dark matter emit radiation, try kepler, so I base all on un-realistic semi-realistic to justify. Since almost all freelancer isn't totally realistic.

Then
Quote:Jump Holes are gravitational anomalies... I really don't think you'll be able to utilise them as signal emitters, or even signal boosters. As far as we know they have no capability of retaining, processing or retransmitting specific electromagnetic radiation.

We can pass ship so we can pass signal. in this complex process energy and matter do something. But well.

Quote:I think you mean Omega-41. Also, protip: That's not how a neutron star is created. Neutron stars are the leftovers of dead supergiant stars. Hypothetically, you would need an insanely huge asteroid to collide with a star to cause it to go supernova, and let's face it, a rock that size is probably busy being a planet somewhere.

Your statement is only theory, and by extension most of our astro-physic science is based on theory without real proof.
'You don't need supernova to create a sun. ' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star#Post-main_sequence
' Wrote:To all your scientific statement echo : Just one example

In freelancer dark matter emit radiation, try kepler, so I base all on un-realistic semi-realistic to justify. Since almost all freelancer isn't totally realistic.

Then

We can pass ship so we can pass signal. in this complex process energy and matter do something. But well.
Your statement is only theory, and by extension most of our astro-physic science is based on theory without real proof.

'You don't need supernova to create a sun. ' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star#Post-main_sequence

Admittedly, there are grey areas in Freelancer science. I concede the point about the behaviour of the "dark matter".

With sending signals through Jump Holes; I believe the problem is with orientating or directing the signal once it has passed through the wormhole. Actually, a far better question is not how, but why you would develop this particular technology, since there is already an established FTL communication system throughout most, if not all, of Sirius.

Also, about stars, I have no idea what point you are trying to argue.
Quote:'You don't need supernova to create a sun. '
That comment does not make sense. A sun is required for a supernova to occur.

My point about creating a neutron star is that it's either very hard or impossible to cause a star to supernova by artificially tampering with it (ie. colliding an asteroid with the star).
You sure he means the neutron star? There is actually an anomaly hidden in Omega 3, like the one in the Badlands. You see it in the single player campaign.
' Wrote:You sure he means the neutron star? There is actually an anomaly hidden in Omega 3, like the one in the Badlands. You see it in the single player campaign.

My sincere apologies if you actually meant this anomaly. Now I remember this particular feature of Omega-3.

The way the original text was worded was quite ambiguous; it made me think that the project was to take an asteroid use nuclear charges to make it collide with a star. Perhaps you were trying to say that you took asteroids and collide them with each other using nuclear charges?
RE: 1 ID for faction. Negative.

Official factions must use one pirmary ID (Guard ID is included by default if faction has one). Secondary ID - Generic IDs should be used for specific purposes and must be approved by administration as faction recieves officiality, or when additional request is made and administratos give green light. All of this applies ONLY to OFFICIAL factions.
That is all.

Also, the faction image you use is very very similar to KNF logo, just inverted horizontallically.
Pages: 1 2