Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Requesting legal council into an act of Political discrimination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
PILOT ID: Captain Evyn & Lieutenant Commander Feya
DETAILS: A plea for help
BEGINNING TRANSMISSION:
[Image: 2wmpgyp.jpg][Image: 2gtq1j7.jpg]

Evyn: This is our last act at this current time as official Bretonian Armed Forces pilots so we shall be brief...A current measure from the government which was announced by Sir Markus Aquinas, the Undersecretary for Communications, announcing the full removal of sub-humans within the military and possibly Bretonia itself...I wont rant and rage on how much we object to this outrageous notion and extreme act of discrimination along with what we believe to be lies and propaganda itself...

Feya: We have however decided to fight fire with fire, however our knowledge in such politics is currently...lackluster at best...So at this current time we are hiring anyone with the political know-how and ability to overturn such a measure and see to it that it never happens again....We have taken our remaining funds and asked for loans from friends, family and such to be able to pay for this...Pending on if you take the job, work to the fullest on our case, and succeed in overturning this measure, your pay will be between 100 million and 1 billion SC...

Evyn: All we have ever done is looked to the best in which such a great house was and has provided us, allowing us to serve the crown to the fullest of our abilities and protect its interests and space...We have risked so much in the past few months and given our lives to do so..

Feya: It is so wrong to do what we believe is right simply because we look so different?..

==END OF TRANSMISSION==
=INCOMING TRANSMISSION=
=SRC:Waterloo Station, New London=
=SRCID:McIllheney, Saint-Clair and Warchester, Interspace Legal Services=
=displaying plaintext=

Our retainer is 10.000.000 SC, with a charge of 500.000 SC per hour, with all actual court appearances provided free of charge.
Our reputation should speak for itself.
If you wish to engage our services, then transfer the retainer to IC|Central.Insurance|L

Sincerely,
Arthur Warchester, Esquire

=END TRANSMISSION=
*** Incoming transmission ***
*** Subject : Plea for help ***
*** Sender : Sohaj, Mgr ***
Captain Evyn & Lieutenant Commander Feya,

If you plea for help in legal matters, me and my team will fight this battle for you. And we do not actually like to lose, in fact, we do not.

Our services are not expensive. Basic fee is 500,000 SC per case, then following the outcome, we can talk more. If we fail, those 500 are all we going to ask, and we will send you a formal written apology for our failure. No invoce, no hidden bonuses, straight deal. We expect the same in return.

Let us know if you wish to enlist our services.

Best regards
Sohaj and partners

*** Transmission ends ***
PILOT ID: Captain Evyn
DETAILS: Applications accepted
BEGINNING TRANSMISSION:
[Image: 2wmpgyp.jpg]

Evyn: To Arthur Warchester....I am frankly a bit surprised that Interspace would put it's reputation on the line for such, and I will agree to your fee's..Payment will be sent and all information requested into our case will be made available...Send notice of S.K.Y.P.3 protocols to me personally so we can get started...

Evyn: To Sohaj and partners..Your fee is approved and after reviewing such with other people from your past work, you are hired on the spot...All information will be sent so we can get started...

==END OF TRANSMISSION==
=INCOMING TRANSMISSION=
=SRC:Waterloo Station, New London=
=SRCID:McIllheney, Saint-Clair and Warchester, Interspace Legal Services=
=displaying plaintext=

There is not much to be put on the line, Miss Evyn. It's a fairly straightforward case, with the exact circumstances of your dismissal prohibited by multiple acts of Parliament set forth by the Sol Government. We'll be filing the neccesary paperwork shortly.
as for S.K.Y.P.E details, it is eziodellafrancesca.

Sincerely,
Arthur Warchester, Esquire

=END TRANSMISSION=
To: McIllheney, Saint-Clair and Warchester, "Lawyers"; Captain Evyn.
From: Sir Isaac Geraldton; Lawyers Incorporated, New London.
RE: Oh dear.
I honestly hope you're not intending to bring forth a case using legislature dating from Sol! Did the Englishmen of old use case law laid down by the ancient Romans of Earth? I think not! Find your case elsewhere, sir, or be laughed out of the court.

There is also the lingering difficulty of how relevant much legislation is in light of the... unusual circumstances. I'll be frank, seeing as honesty is one thing a client needs. If you are deemed not to be technically human - and human is a definition determined by genes and biology, not intelligence and philosophy - basic human rights and much legislation simply will not apply to you.

It would be down to the judge in question to interpret the laws in question and lay down his own precedent. Should Parliament pass an Act outlawing the presence of 'anthro-morphs' in their sovereign territory, there would be very little to interpret. That said, such an Act has not been passed yet, and may well never be. It all depends on how our esteemed MPs throw their votes.

Lawyers Incorporated will look into representing this case, once a consensus vote is struck by our shareholders and directors. Should you be interested in this offer, do let us know. Until then, good day to you.
-Sir Geraldton.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Baroness Evyn Hunter
Origin: HMS Craven's Nest

I believe I should make this clear, as Ms. Evyn and Feya did not. Their species status had nothing to do with their dismissal from our military. Their discharge was a result of serious concerns of their behavior while performing military duties, and multiple violations of certain military operational guidelines.

Non-human species were barred from future recruitment after Ms. Evyn and Feya were discharged from service, due to the problems inherent in such beings taking part in our military structure.

Both of these decisions were reached by unanimously vote in the Armed Forces Admiralty Board.

-Baroness Snowdown
Admiral of the Norfolk Great Fleet, Bretonia Armed Forces
Assistant Director
Bretonian Intelligence Service
<div align="right]End Transmission
PILOT ID: Captain Evyn
DETAILS: Applications accepted
BEGINNING TRANSMISSION:
[Image: 2wmpgyp.jpg]

Evyn: To Sir Isaac Geraldton...You are correct that in this case certain aspects of the law may not apply, however regaurdless of ones physiology, freedom is a right of all sentient beings...And with the even announcement of such an act by parliament, such a right has become restrictive...I will however keep you in check in case such does occur...

Evyn: Baroness Hunter..I have nothing to say in such comment at this time and your message shall be stricken in such...Unless you have a degree in law that is....Any other notion from any other Armed Forces member shall be ignored from this point...

==END OF TRANSMISSION==
To: Captain Evyn.
From: Sir Isaac Geraldton; Lawyers Incorporated, New London.
RE: Regrettable information.
Unfortunately, each of the Houses has a Human Rights Act. Due to the fact that thus far Sirius has been a monoculture of intelligent civilised life, these Acts have never been amended to 'sentient' life, as opposed to 'human' life. There has never been the need. Foreign lifeforms have invariably been animals and thus not requiring defined rights, or alternately, overwhelmingly hostile entities. Freedom for all sentient life-forms is a noble and admirable goal, but unfortunately not a legal reality.

We will contact you as soon as our shareholders have decided on a course of action.
~Sir Geraldton.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Baroness Evyn Hunter
Origin: HMS Craven's Nest
Recipients: Ms. Evyn

I can't say I have a university degree in law. But I do think having been the former head of Special Investigations for the Armed Forces, the current Assistant Director of the Bretonian Intelligence Service, an Armed Forces Admiral, the Military Governor of Snowdown, a member of both the House of Lords and Commons, and the presiding officer of your case, that I have a firm grasp of our law, law every member of the Admiralty Board knows by heart, it is our duty to, and a firm grasp of your case and actions. Refusing to face facts and your past behavior didn't save you from being dishonorably discharged after our investigation, and it certainly won't get you far in a court case.

It might be a good idea to pay attention to your former brothers and sisters in arms.

-Baroness Snowdown
Admiral of the Norfolk Great Fleet, Bretonia Armed Forces
Assistant Director
Bretonian Intelligence Service
<div align="right]End Transmission
Pages: 1 2