Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: |R - The Yoshikane Rōnin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2vwe9o4.jpg]
"Money, Drinks, and maybe even a few women ... "

[color=#000000][font=agency fb]Identification:

[color=#FFCC00][font=Franklin Gothic Medium]
  • Naming Convention: Firstname.Lastname|R
  • ID: Mercenary
  • IFF: Freelancers
Introduction:

[color=#FFCC00][font=Palatino Linotype]Foundation & First Steps

The Yoshikane Ronin, founded by Genzō Yoshikane, is a, still, small group of Kusarian Mercenaries. The main idea of Yoshikane was to create a place to be, for those who require it. Of course, his intentions aren't as benevolent as they may sound. For him, it's about the profit, and about the fact that he becomes one's necessity.

Yoshikane's concept was to create a group of people working for him, and therefore for the one paying the most. It doesn't matter whether it's an act of kind-heartedness, or a plain and simply case of murder, if the paycheck looks good to him, the job will be done.

The clever catch of the idea, was to unite people from every part of Kusari under one banner, Yoshikane's banner. Where you come from, who you've been working for, doesn't matter, of course, the members of The Ronin aren't aware of it as of yet, but Yoshikane is clever enough to be aware that the day will come, the day when his Ronin notice who they're actually working with.

Different from the actual Ronin of the old earth, back in the old Japan, Yoshikane's group of mercenaries doesn't follow any kind of creed or code, they don't pursue honour. Every member of it has his, or her, own problems, an own drive, and an own, individual perspective.

There's still lots to be done to get this whole bunch of, more or less, motivated individuals from all over Kusari organized, but the mastermind behind the whole idea, Yoshikane, has a strictly structured plan about how things are supposed to roll within his Ronin ...

A quote by Yoshikane: [color=#000000]"If you've got no place to go, no place to be, no family to live for, no wife to love, no goal to pursue, or no purpose to exist, you have The Ronin, where you've got a place to belong, and a family to love and to be loved by that family... and a good paycheck."

[font=Palatino Linotype] ... to be continued ...

[font=agency fb]Zone of Operation:

[size=small]
Primary
  • Kusari
  • Tau Area
Secondary
  • Siriuswide
Used Technology:

• Everything Civilian (Renzu-Corp, CTE-Line, etc.)
  • Granted Technology of other factions

//-OOC Notice:

Basically, this is a resent idea of mine, which is still in development. I've just started to fork together a few people who're interested, which would be four. This is a very basic sketch, since only the foundation is mentioned, which has a reason, since not much has happened since I've had this idea. The diplomacy is yet to figure out, as well as other parts of information that can't be given at the present time.

If you're interested, please tell me via PM, or add me on Skype with the introduction: "About Ronin" or whatever. If you're up for a kusarian merc group that operate anywhere in Sirius, plus a structured idea of faction internal things and individual roleplay, we're for you.

I'd like to point out that the whole concept will grow once there's more interested people to participate. Feel free to provide feedback if you want, thanks for reading,

-Korny.
Please use another name, there is a Ronin faction being added to the storyline in 4.86. This would be very confusing.
And their name is going to be The Ronin ?
' Wrote:And their name is going to be The Ronin ?

Yep.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75396
Check the last paragraph of the storyline.
Meh, I'll think of another name soon enough. Like .86 is gonna' be released anyway, got some time :cool:
It's the name of the group of KNF that gets stranded in Leeds, after the GRN invade the Taus. They side with the Bretonians in order to survive.

Another reason they can't go home is because of the government coup that happens back home. That affects them somehow. To me, it actually makes them sound like Blood Dragons Mk II.
' Wrote:It's the name of the group of KNF that gets stranded in Leeds, after the GRN invade the Taus. They side with the Bretonians in order to survive.

Another reason they can't go home is because of the government coup that happens back home. That affects them somehow. To me, it actually makes them sound like Blood Dragons Mk II.

They wont be fighting against the Kusari government.
Mind not turning this into a thread about some faction that's going to be added in 4.86 ? Thank you.
While I appreciate the thought that went into this, I can't help but just see it as another "Do anything for money" merc group.
' Wrote:While I appreciate the thought that went into this, I can't help but just see it as another "Do anything for money" merc group.

Yeah I get that comment enough already, but if you want to simplify every mercenary group like this, go ahead.
Pages: 1 2