Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Official complaint against the Rheinland Military
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transmission inbound. GMG Transport encryption.
Source ID: Infrastructure, GMG Materials transport
Subject: Unlawful destruction of property and piracy

Greetings, to the Rheinland Military High Command. I have spent several weeks inside Rheinland space, ferrying H-fuel and raw Hydrogen between GMG and Rheinland bases. I was called into Texas by a Liberty civilian mining firm to carry some diamonds into Kusarian space. I loaded up the diamonds in Texas (after thorough screening by both Rheinland and Liberty military ships. No contraband was taken across borders) and jumped into New York. There I was met by a Rheinland Gunboat, and a fighter who were engaging a Liberty Battlecruiser. I had hoped to simply pass by; it wasn't my affair. Then the fighter pilot, one "Recruit. Lutz Havik" demanded I drop my cargo! I then proceeded down the logical course of action; I wanted some kind of explanation. He provided none, and opened fire on my ship. He didn't simply want to shoo me away, he shot to kill. He disabled the trade lanes so I wouldn't be able to escape, and mercilessly tore my ship apart. I tried to fight back, but I was virtually powerless against him. I informed him of the nature of my journey and he continued to fire.

I am fairly certain he was not acting under orders. While I realize that Rheinland-Liberty trade is illegal, this was from a Liberty civilian corporation on special contract from the Kusarians. It had nothing to do with the war effort. The diamonds were going to be used in jewelry, not weapons or construction. While my word may be distrusted, I took several video shots as proof. They are enclosed within this transmission.

Proof of IFF code
Proof of ID signature and ship type
Chat log #1
Chat log #2
He moves in for the kill
My vessel collapses

While I realize that the GMG and Rheinland military are only just opening up to each other, this is a huge blow backwards. I was not assisting the Liberty war effort in any way; I avoided getting involved in the battle, and my cargo was not headed to anywhere inside Liberty space.

This incident has been reported to my superiors, and I have contacted my attourney. I hope we can settle this before it goes to court. Three of my crewmen died at your military's hands. They were too slow to reach the escape pods.

Sincerely,
Sven Runn, GMG transport captain.
=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Battleship Strausberg[color=#33CC00] New Berlin System.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FFFFFF]Medium, port RM-KV-MC-PN-7638

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Leutnant Carl von Manstein, Rheinland Military

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Infrastructure
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re:

[color=#FFCC00]

Guten Tag Sven Runn.

The Rheinland Military Command doesn't have any records of a Rheinland operative within Liberty space named as "Recruit. Lutz Havik". Unfortunately for that reason we cannot help you in any way. However, please accept our condolences for your lost crew members.

Of course, that doesn't mean I cannot highlight some irregularities with your activities. You state that you picked the diamond cargo from Texas. Even if that's the case, then you knew that this cargo was illegally smuggled through the borders. Furthermore, your excuse that this cargo was heading to Kusari is not convincing since GMG is in a conflict with Kusari. And you are a GMG employer as you already proved.

Either way Herr Runn the Rheinland Laws are clear. No transport shall pass through the borders with cargo (with some exceptions) and that includes the possibility that your GMG ship was heading to Kusari.

If I were you, I wouldn't jump to conclusions so easily.

Für den Kanzler,

Leutnant Carl von Manstein,
88th Rheinwehr Brigade

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=