Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A dev's log.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea, well. People tend to pirate for bluemessages these days so I'm no longer giving a crap about keeping the routes sane. There's a few going through the Liberty independent worlds - from Tau to Liberty, should be interesting to split up the 'Fornia ambush to also cover Colorado from time to time. Unless the admins put a full ban on demanding credits and -force- pirates to cargo piracy I don't think that'll be changing. But meh.

Toxic waste is a standard commodity. I do not think a large profit will ever be made on it. No, that won't change, since ToxWaste is for sale at one credit at a number of battleships. No, that won't change, it's not a commodity covered by the miningmod price adjustments in the first place, and won't become one. Because it's more work then I care to do for the two or three players that'd go and mine toxwaste.
In order to encourage cargo piracy you'd have to put some nice selling prices at unlawful bases for these ores.
Ah, shame. Would've been something for the ALG, but heh, as you said, not much do mine it now.

And I forgot about the fields depleting when being mined. So even if the routes are different in the "credits per time", after being mined for a while, that'll change, people will have to mine longer for a full hold and the credits per time should drop significantly.

Dunno what you mean by "keeping the routes sane". But hey, the Colorado route already has some attention every now and then. I actually have run into more pirates there than in California lately.

Anyway, looking forward to the changes. More routes will be very interesting.

: No need. People should look for smugglers to trade in pirated cargo. Way better imo.
' Wrote:In order to encourage cargo piracy you'd have to put some nice selling prices at unlawful bases for these ores.
I'm open to suggestions. What would a nice price be? 25% of house value? 50? Full? Keep in mind that unlawfuls aready tend to have the advantage.
' Wrote:I'm open to suggestions. What would a nice price be? 25% of house value? 50? Full? Keep in mind that unlawfuls aready tend to have the advantage.

This is a pretty interesting idea. I'd have to say it should vary by base, but 50% of value might just be enough to encourage cargo piracy for certain commodities. Heck, Synth Paste, worthless on its own most places, is worth over 2,000 credits when in demand. Though the other side of the coin is that Freelancer and neutral lolwutters might try to game the system by trafficking goods to unlawful bases for a quick buck.

As a freighter pilot I'd love to have variety, and as a potential future pirate I'd like to have a slightly greater ooRP reward from demanding cargo inRP instead of cash (because I don't think demanding 5 mil credits from a minimum wage shipping pilot makes any sense).
If I'm adding unlawful dropoffs it'll be at Junker and Hogosha bases, closest to the dropoff point. So yea, if you rape a miner near the mining zone, you'll have a very low sell point closeby. There'll be no high profit, short run routes, lawful or otherwise.
' Wrote:If I'm adding unlawful dropoffs it'll be at Junker and Hogosha bases, closest to the dropoff point. So yea, if you rape a miner near the mining zone, you'll have a very low sell point closeby. There'll be no high profit, short run routes, lawful or otherwise.

Then that sounds excellent. With a little beta testing and encouragement for people to try it out themselves, I can see organized pirates shifting to cargo piracy on some valuable routes. Also maybe then people hauling unprofitable things like water or oxygen will get pirated slightly less. :rolleyes:
' Wrote:Then that sounds excellent. With a little beta testing and encouragement for people to try it out themselves, I can see organized pirates shifting to cargo piracy on some valuable routes. Also maybe then people hauling unprofitable things like water or oxygen will get pirated slightly less. :rolleyes:

oh boy, cargo pirating. If there where some unlawful drop points VR would be ninjaing cargo like bosses. :>

But yea, Cali is a deathzone for traders, add more routes through colorado please.
actually I would like to see atleast -some- drop points for Xenos... they can do ONLY cargo pirating.... and they have no places to sell it... even on junker bases. Possible scenario for them is to sell to zoners, but it's too time consuming.
' Wrote:actually I would like to see atleast -some- drop points for Xenos... they can do ONLY cargo pirating.... and they have no places to sell it... even on junker bases. Possible scenario for them is to sell to zoners, but it's too time consuming.

To this I agree. It would be more helpful to have a few more local drop points added. I don't expect it to be easy. Just have a few more added instead of the stock default prices.

And as to selling to the Zoner bases, that has also been an option.

XA-DeathAdder
FAction Leader
Xeno Alliance