Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A dev's log.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-07-2013, 11:57 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Those numbers are still higher than I would've thought they are.

Kind of expected planet like Manhattan to have 2 billions at best.

Never mind the fact that there are already 6+ billion on the largely rural planet Earth...
Vanilla card lists Manhattan's population as 220 million people, yet at the same time it mentions there's a single city covering most of the planet's surface (Coruscant but with an ocean?). A planet with a diameter very close to Earth's. I think DA guys weren't too bright when typing those >_> So yeah, these changes are welcome.
Yes. It's headcount will be slightly reduced - but since it's a large industrial facility plus shipyard combined, it'll be at the upper edge of its class.

[Edit] And yea, that vanilla number of Manhattan makes no sense unless the damned planet was moon-sized. Needs at least another 0. I'll clean up that description to make it more believable. There's also some rumors about Xenos hiding in the hills on Manhattan - hard to do that if there's no hills to be had.
(04-08-2013, 12:18 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. It's headcount will be slightly reduced - but since it's a large industrial facility plus shipyard combined, it'll be at the upper edge of its class.

Cheers for that AD, and keep up the great work.
Hopefully the many many infocard bugs I reported are being included in this (*reminder*)
(04-08-2013, 12:18 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]There's also some rumors about Xenos hiding in the hills on Manhattan - hard to do that if there's no hills to be had.

You can see undeveloped mountains on the cityscape background when you land.
Again, this isn't a requests thread. Thread cleaned.

Update: Continuing work on the base infocards. Learning a bit more about Gallia... seems Solar was originally intended as a Samura-esque shady corporation instead of a hightech producer. Ah well, faction profiles at inception were a bit messy I suppose.
Probably this will be removed again...

Is there any custom turrets for the cerebrus cruiser turrets in 4.87?

And again....this is NOT a request....its just me triing to find something
no - there are not - we ll have to review all the capships and their heavy hardpoints in order to figure out what dimensions a custom turret might have - thats something for post 87 maybe - if we remember

new turrets are certainly on the list - just not now
Try 11 billion for Manhattan.