Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Flood Pony Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pony RP is a bit too far. Fury, you wouldn't make a RP forum for The Simpsons would you?
Well yes, but the Simpsons aren't really that playable. Its a set world in one town, and also lacks the fantasy element that MLP has. Believe me when I say that MLP is very, very playable.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Lament_of_the_...hp?showtopic=13
Have fun. Or at least take a look. It's a little empty as of yet, we're trying to get it off the ground.

Not interested? Don't look at it. But don't bitch at me for putting it out there >.>
It's not that unusual to see series that have gained a following like MLP has have a group of people set up their own RP.

People seem to like Pony wallpaper, so here's something for ya

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/213...bes-d42e38d.jpg

It's giant, so I sure as hell ain't gonna turn it into an image.
Apperently, some dude is really fond of fluttershy and photoshop glow effects. Perfect combo, if you ask me.
' Wrote:Well yes, but the Simpsons aren't really that playable. Its a set world in one town, and also lacks the fantasy element that MLP has. Believe me when I say that MLP is very, very playable.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Lament_of_the_...hp?showtopic=13
Have fun. Or at least take a look. It's a little empty as of yet, we're trying to get it off the ground.

Not interested? Don't look at it. But don't bitch at me for putting it out there >.>
Dude...

Way. Way. WAAAYYYY too far. You know, i have actually been pretending to extremely dislike the show. I mean, it's not really harming anyone or making anyones life better.. but eh. I made fun for the lulz, and now i still just don't really care for the show or whatever. But... PONY ROLEPLAY?! What. The. Frak. Nightfury... *facepalm* That's seriously way to far man... way to far. What i recommend is stepping away from the internets for at least 3 days, preferably 5. Go outside, get some fresh air, walk around, mingle with your friends (if you have any), then come back and realize what your future would have been like if you didn't go on your break.

I don't mean to troll, i know it may seem like it, but I'm just trying to... hm. I suppose, help humanity in general?
' Wrote:Dude...

Way. Way. WAAAYYYY too far. You know, i have actually been pretending to extremely dislike the show. I mean, it's not really harming anyone or making anyones life better.. but eh. I made fun for the lulz, and now i still just don't really care for the show or whatever. But... PONY ROLEPLAY?! What. The. Frak. Nightfury... *facepalm* That's seriously way to far man... way to far. What i recommend is stepping away from the internets for at least 3 days, preferably 5. Go outside, get some fresh air, walk around, mingle with your friends (if you have any), then come back and realize what your future would have been like if you didn't go on your break.

I don't mean to troll, i know it may seem like it, but I'm just trying to... hm. I suppose, help humanity in general?
Humanity needs tolerance. You seem to lack that.
' Wrote:Humanity needs tolerance. You seem to lack that.
I have a hell of a lot of tolerance. If i didn't... Well I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Though honestly, i think your words are true IN THEORY. But really, reality would be frakked if we didn't have people that just said 'enough is enough' and 'no, you can't do that.'

Think about it.

With too much tolerance, a brony could go out in the field, nab a pony and skin it. Paint it's skin and fur, wear it as a costume and prance frantically in a mall. "Officer! There's a crazy man pretending to be a pony and wherever he goes he leaves a trail of sparkles!" "Oh don't worry, that's just a brony. Hey I'm a tolerable person!"

Some guy just got shot and killed.

Oh hey, that's fine. At least it wasn't too bad.
HECK! In America, you should see the tolerance of parents.

"Don't do that."
"Don't do that."
"Don't do that."
"Don't do that."
"Don't do that."
"Don't do that."
"Don't do that."

'Mom im a brony'

"Don't do that."
' Wrote:I have a hell of a lot of tolerance. If i didn't... Well I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Though honestly, i think your words are true IN THEORY. But really, reality would be frakked if we didn't have people that just said 'enough is enough' and 'no, you can't do that.'

Think about it.

With too much tolerance, a brony could go out in the field, nab a pony and skin it. Paint it's skin and fur, wear it as a costume and prance frantically in a mall. "Officer! There's a crazy man pretending to be a pony and wherever he goes he leaves a trail of sparkles!" "Oh don't worry, that's just a brony. Hey I'm a tolerable person!"

Some guy just got shot and killed.

Oh hey, that's fine. At least it wasn't too bad.
Tolerance has it limits. So does common sense. So does laws. So does human morality, in most cases.

Hyperbolising things will not change anything but impression of statement, which is subjective thing.

Tolerance is not equal to apathy and not giving a crap.
' Wrote:Tolerance has it limits. So does common sense. So does laws. So does human morality, in most cases.

Hyperbolising things will not change anything but impression of statement, which is subjective thing.

Tolerance is not equal to apathy and not giving a crap.
Tolerance does equal apathy and/or giving or not giving a crap.

Quote:tol·er·ance/ˈtälərəns/
Noun:
The ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily...: "religious tolerance"
The capacity to endure continued subjection to something, esp. a drug, transplant, antigen, or environmental conditions, without adverse...

Same thing as giving or not giving a crap.

Though all in all, when you say the world needs less tolerance, i do agree with you somewhat. In some places, tolerance is needed for progress to occur. But in other places, it's definetly not needed. For the sake of someone's brain to be kept sain, we need much less tolerance.

EDIT: Anyways i'm going to bed. Night all, i'll read your posts in the morning i guess.
' Wrote:Though all in all, when you say the world needs less tolerance, i do agree with you somewhat.
I SAID NEEDS TOLERANCE. Not more, not less, because both of it would be bad. Just tolerance. The will to simply be nice and understanding even if you dislike it.

This would really fit feedback threads and the hell that sometimes starts there. :mellow: