Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Concept for a new faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Description

It is a secret Rheinland organisation that takes care of Rheinland asset security, military intelligence, counter-terrorism. We work undercover ships are named after a gestapo officers last name and has a hidden department in his name (Nebe.ArthurI).We have bases in all Rheinland planets, HQ is on Planet New Berlin.
There are 3 departments:
Department of infiltration
'€¢ Pirate position, movement, assassination. (A1 or AI)
'€¢ Foreign company observation (A2 or AII)
Department of Rheinland economy
'€¢ Mineral and commodities security (B1 or BII)
'€¢ Sting operations (B2 or BII)
Department of foreign intelligence
'€¢ Fleet information and registration (C1 or CI)
'€¢ Enemy ship information and registration (C2 or CII)
Department of infiltration works as a double agent in a foreign organization. His main goal is to observe if given order he must assassinate a target. They work undercover.
Department of Rheinland economy protects Rheinlands commodities also do organized operations against company'€™s that are using Rheinlands goods to support our enemies. B2 works undercover.
Department of foreign intelligence are agents scattered all around Sirius sector. They gather information on ship count, armaments and movements and register it. Department works undercover.

Naming explanation:
I noticed that in all intelligence services you are completly disguised as another person, I thought of a new naming to make department hidden inside the name.
Example:
Nebe.Bobi*
As you can see in the end of name there is an odd letter "i", that repreasents the department number and as you go back the name theres a letter "B" and you can make a conclusion that this man MAYBE from Department BI. This naming is only for Department B all other departments will get their names.

Department explanation:

In department A you will have to join a faction(chosen by the leaders) and observe it untill further orders**.
In pirate movement and assissination you join a pirate faction and gather information on them.
Foreign company observation is more peacful job where you only report trader activity.

In department B your main goal is to protect Rheinland minerals and commodities
Mineral and commoditie security takes care of blockade runners.
Sting opearations you work organised and arrest those miners who thought it was a good idea to sell that copper to a transport who is headin for Texas.

In department C you will gather information on foreign ships.
Fleet information and registration mainly work in Bretonia and Kusari to register their fleet information.
Enemy fleet information and registration works at hostile territorys and record enemy ship equipment type and so on.

Other info:

If anyone would help me to name it I would be really grateful. Now I only thought of Geheime Feldpolizei.

We use civilian craft only.

There are no perfeact spy's. You must show signs that you are a spy.

*This is a ship name.
**Info got on skype cant be used.
B D M
As Ava said, there's already BDM.. Still, more factions are welcome. Maybe try to think of something unique, that will make you different from BDM.
BDM main priority is to kill hostile traders, they were inspired by U-Boats. My faction was inspired by the gestapos and work undercover, yes its simialar to BDM but our main primary objective is gathering info and stop miners who sell ore to Libertonians.
What ID will you be using?

You're saying you will be working mostly undercover, but the ID kinda limits the actions...
For B1 we will use RFP ID rest Freelancer ID.
' Wrote:
B D M
I can't agree with this enough, we have spies even if you don't see them. U-Korps just happens to be our most popular department, feel free to apply or contact me via PM/Skype. We do the spy thing, but it's generally not around for the public to browse through, hence "spy".
I has spies in ur spies.
' Wrote:I can't agree with this enough, we have spies even if you don't see them. U-Korps just happens to be our most popular department, feel free to apply or contact me via PM/Skype. We do the spy thing, but it's generally not around for the public to browse through, hence "spy".
Well the diffrence is that BDM doesnt really register gathered info. I dont say that there are no BDM spy's but I cant just find any intel that they have gathered.
' Wrote:Well the diffrence is that BDM doesnt really register gathered info. I dont say that there are no BDM spy's but I cant just find any intel that they have gathered.

Not to sound harsh, but... doesn't that mean they're good spies? Can a Message Dump really be the only difference between two factions?

To be honest, there's only so much intel you can gather in FL, which is not related to the specific activites of characters / factions.

When you run out of intelligence to gather, you build Cap 8 Gunboats and raid the enemy's capital system.

Oh, wait.
Pages: 1 2