Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Independent Miner's Guild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
[Image: 264px-Sirius_robotics.png]

- Division: Administration

Greetings,

My name is Jaian Ki, head administrator within Sirius Robotics.
As you know, your guild has invested heavily in our corporation and we are eternally grateful for your trust.
With your investment, we have been able to build a manufacturing facility within Aland Shipyard, which will soon be operating at commercial capacity.

To date, Sirius Robotics has not operated many space bound vessels.
However we have found that as our new company, Sirius Horizon, has progressed, there is a growing need for mobile manufacturing facilities.
Within the jumphole network in Sirius it is relatively simple to move our products to their destination but away from the network it is often a case of having to rely on what was brought with the expedition.

As such, we are looking towards creating a vessel capable of manufacturing while remaining mobile.
The Barge class vessel is not ideal for this as it is simply too large, defenceless and costly to use for exploratory purposes.
The design for the vessel would be something that our two organisations can work together on, bringing your ship building expertise and our manufacturing ability together.
If the prototype vessel proves capable and worth continuing, we would be intent on commissioning more.

Would the IMG be willing to assist in this venture?

Thank you for your attention,

Jaian Ki
- Head Administrator
Comm ID: [color=#FF6666]Guild Master Takeshi Ogawa
Recipient ID: Jaian Ki, Sirius Robotics
Source: Roppongi Station, New Tokyo System
Encryption: Standard
Subject: Re:

[Image: takeshiogawaii.jpg]

Mr Jaian Ki, I am Guild Master Takeshi Ogawa. It is an honour speaking with you.

Your idea looks promising and I can see some strong benefits if it becomes real. However, I am unaware if we possess the necessary technology and if this project is economically feasible.

Therefore, I have relayed the message to our R&D Department which will make a small research on our concerns and then we will get back to you.

[font=Monotype Corsiva][color=#FFFFFF]
Guild Master Takeshi Ogawa
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Jaian Ki, Sirius Robotics
CC: Takeshi Ogawa
Subject: Barge class vessel construction troubles

Right, I'll get straight to the point. Aland is quite capable of building one of these ginormous ships. It's done it before. Just takes a while... But the Barge is well, tricky. We got the knowhow to piece one together. Can manufacture the hull, the superstructure, the power grid's not a problem either. But it's the engines, you see?

Those are very tricky ones. Smaller then your average cruiser plant, but capable of moving a ship about 200 times larger. Requires military grade superconductors specially fitted for each individual ship. There's only one company that makes those. Ageira. And they don't have the capacity for custom orders right now.
So yea, we're willing. Able to, but without them superconductors the damn thing won't go anywhere. And there's no other engine design in Sirius capable of moving a beast like that. Guess we'll have to put this on hold 'till Liberty waltzes over Rheinland.

Sorry.

- Fred Sykes, Ship engineering and design, Aland Shipyard

**** Transmission closed ****

// Seeing as the admins aren't porting peeps to Bastille to get a new barge, I'm using the "parts unavailable" to signal we can't provide one at the moment.