Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Joshua Ashfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****
[Image: 45dsv3.png]
COMM ID: [color=#99FFFF] Aleesha Cooper
TARGET ID: Joshua Ashfield
SUBJECT: <3
Josh, you should see that.
Not to say that I'm amazed, but I am; that's something I hadn't expected to happen that soon. Catherine called me out half a hour ago and told that our analyst would pick me up. So, here we are, let me bend over so you'll see everything.

[Image: tumblr_lcqx1wjOgM1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif]

No, not "that everything" you can usually see when I do bend over. See those lights on the landing pad? Manhattan still does look pitch-dark at times, but let me present the new office I'm working in. Hale happens, that's the only way I can explain how had we got the top floors in that not so old building not so far away from the Kusari-town.

Kat' said that I was a lucky one with my résumé to get into the department that was passing a major restructure during some indefinite period of time. But that's irrelevant. I'll carry you through the place, look out.

That's the first part, the temple of the local nerds and the geeks, as it seems. Manny, the guy I don't know and the guy I don't remember. I think I would be court matrial'd if I show you what's inside that glass cube, but that seems to be our server. Cloud one, indeed. As I understand they are - hello there - keeping an eye on all the copycat messages passing 'round. Monitoring tags on open channels and everything.

Lab's on the second level, café - half a hundred floors below and the... Catherine, yes, I just had arrived. Jameson was going to... Yes, sure. Yes, yes. Yes, Catherine. The PDA? No, I was just making notes for myself, this can count as the fist day here, you know. Yes, I would be right back.

Pff. She should better not know who's here. And welcome to my own place. Yes, given that it's much cheaper to put one Aleesha here into this glass cube than a dozen, I can enjoy my own Ensign's "cabinet" for the time being. Deal with it. The look out of there is good too. Now I got an annoying banner behind me twenty four seven.

[Image: tumblr_llg4odOzdu1qe0eclo1_r15_500.gif]

So, Catherine, nerds, geeks, me, smartypants and the special weapons assault team the floor below. They are some separate ground badarse guys with balls of steel, but we are meant to be friends. Hope it would stay like that, nice and easy, a rigorous, playful, and challenging governmental work in the center of the city and I even get paid for that.

It was a jackpot, Josh. Ah, Kat' is coming. I would pretend that I'm talking to my imaginary friend. And don't grimace like you're here. Hush! ... Me? Thanks, you too.
<div align="right](Love you)
[font=agency fb]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
COMM ID: Joshua Ashfield
TARGET ID: Aleesha Cooper
SUBJECT: : RE: <3

Now that's a serious-business -and in general- nice place compared to the hole I call office here at Fort Bragg. They say it will be temporary -two days? my arse- but for now I will have to stand the horrible sound of those Grizzly freighters landing and taking off from the pads in the other side of the wall. I sealed the only window here with whatever-kind-of-aluminium-sheet the engineering teams managed to find for me... Not like it was a great success but at least I can take quick naps without having those guys from the Military Police stalking me. Call me paranoid but I think the Commodore simply wants to piss me off.

Anyway, time to cut the rant, sorry. But eh, good to hear about those hardarse guys. At least your department got the health insurance already covered if stuff goes wrong, just remember to duck and cover. Now... Forgot what I was about to say... Oh yes, speaking of balls of steel, got the C242 Missile launchers mounted on the Guardian again so, what about paying a visit to that-place-beyond-Alaska tomorrow? We can discuss it later at home though. Still two hours left till I finish the mandatory top-secret paperwork and assorted stuff, poke you later okay?
<div align="right](hugz)
[color=#FFFFFF][font=agency fb]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
Josh;
I'm under the impression that it's not a common approach among the Liberty Navy top ranked officers to give young ladies penthouses on Manhattan and not demand bikini to be the only dress code. Eventually, the whole place looks like someone forgot to pay his taxes many times, so our governmental mechanism proved itself useful once upon a time. Thank you for our happy youth and confiscated property, Liberty.

You should ask for the same thing, maybe send some photographs too. Either you'll get the office or the ticket to ethics committee.

And that's it; We-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named should go to that You-Know-Where and do Something-We-Tell-Nobody-About. Catherine almost yelled at one of the Gold Wing guys we had to cover on his fallback from a supposed solo mission in Omicrons, so if I go there without you, she'll drill a hole in my temple.
<div align="right]Wok-noodles for dinner.
Hope you'd like it.
My bum owes you something.
A certain Joshua Ashfield had literally saved it today in that goddamned system where dozens of guns were aimed at it permanently. That handsome hero of the present times with his menacing look torn apart all the threats and, in his shiny Guardian, like on horse, returned to take Aleesha, smoked by the bengal lights of sparkling wiring in her cockpit, to take that lady in her stunk up coverall home. Yes, he's on horse.

I can't say that we made a sweet team, because I was fairly useless. Don't know, it was just scary when those phew, phew sounds come from all around and the sooty glass was the only thing separating me from the unscrupulous vacuum. So, instead of spherical Cooper in vacuum you now got a grateful, yet exhausted one.

SUBJECT: : RE: <3

Oh well, you had to see my Guardian about to bite the dust after you left through the jumphole to Alaska. Fortunately, Hale happened and a Nomad drone suddenly popped up, giving us the time to get the hell out of the brawl. It's fine, it's fine... We're all safe now, that's what matters, aye?

Wouldn't be bad idea taking a little break now we stirred up that hornet nest in Minor and spend some time at Virginia running some training sessions, you know, avoiding gunfire when being chased and that stuff. But don't feel bad about today, okay? I'll take the shuttle from Norfolk to 'hattan in an hour, so leave the cooking for me today.
<div align="right](No more fish tacos overdose)
SUBJECT: brb

Forgive me while I disappear for a couple of days. I'll be fine, just 'tying up loose ends' and maybe a spiritual retreat in the Pond.
<div align="right]Really, don't worry.
Josh?
What the hell is going on?
I mean, I don't worry;

but what the cock is happening all 'round, Josh? Don't ask for stupid things, I can't magically stop caring.

SUBJECT: RE: brb

72 hours, that's all I can ask for. After that, I'll be back home and explain you -everything-.

<div align="right]I never failed you since that day, did I? Trust me, please.
Aleesha Cooper to:
Joshua Ashfield
Topic: Re: brb
I promise, right?
It's 71 hour and 53 minutes to be on tenterhooks left.

Take care, please.
[font=agency fb]COMM ID: [color=#99FFFF]Joshua Ashfield's AI Clock
TARGET ID: Aleesha Cooper, Joshua Ashfield
SUBJECT: RE: RE: brb

Hello there. I believe we haven't met yet, Aleesha. I'm Joshua's Artificially Intelligent bedside clock. Surprised? You know, he does need some company while you're away. I'm on his bed right now. Mmm. Jealous? These things happen. He rushes somewhere in the morning and knocks me off the nightstand.

Anyway, I was ordered by forces unknown and untraceable to provide some musical background for your wait.