Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the MNS-Razorspine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**INCOM**
ID: Sir Jack Fraser, Duke of Norfolk
[Image: norfolkciv.png]
HMS-DAGOBAZ

Captain,

It seems you forgot the one rule I had with regards to your permissions within the realm.

You were to remain discreet.

I am now forced to clean up a political mess with a sledge hammer of the Official Secrets Act, this is embarrassing for the Bretonian government, and for me personally.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I must know why you were at Cardiff, and why you allowed the IMG to get up and personal with you... This is the exact opposite of that discretion thing I was describing.

Look, your service to me, and to her Majesty has been beyond loyal, above reproach, and I consider you a genuine friend to the nation.

If it were up to me alone, I'd give you and your crew medals, honourary citizenship, and whatever honours I could... but the political climate may not understand, and I know the ambassador from Liberty will not understand.

You and I stood back to back at the battle of Sprague, staring down the might of the Rhineland navy, you never flinched, nor faltered. You fought for Bretonia when others merely ran from the front. For this I, and many in the Norfolk Fleet, are in your debt.

But I must ask you to leave Bretonia for at least three months, go home, take some shore leave... be anywhere but here. Let the storm of this incident subside, and we can talk about your returning to station.

You know that I am not doing this by choice, and it isn't because you have done anything wrong.

Good luck, and I know we will fight side-by-side again soon.

Yours, in service to her Majesty, and ever your friend,

[Image: Norfolk.png]
Her Majesty's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing
Bretonian Armed Forces.
**ENDCOM**

[Image: Comm-Window-Sidious.png]
Hola senor Fraser.

I shall address the Cardiff issue first, as i assume it is urgent to get this cleaned up.
I had the feeling these miners would try make a fuzz about that incident.
It was, first and foremost, a major misunderstanding from many sides. A misunderstanding with such a magnitude that it's only a miracle it didn't turn out worse then it did.

Me and my men picked up a distress signal, apparently two AI Core Vessels had started attacking random by-passers somewhere in Cambridge. As we deemed this an immediate threat to both the Crown and Civilians, we set out as soon as the signal was picked up. Upon arrival in Cambridge, we sought contact with a HMS vessel that had requested help. We was directed to Cardiff.
In the time we plowed our way through the asteroid field, one Core Vessel had fallen and the other one soon escaped. Me and my men arrived at Cardiff shortly after this.

I decided that it would only be appropriate to hang around a little while to ensure that the remaining Core Vessel would not return. So I spent some time chit chatting with the HMS Captain and an ensign. During our conversation, a nomad appeared, it was one of these tiny ones. As time went by, an ensign happened to arrive at Cardiff, it was at this point that the first miner appeared.
For a couple of minutes there was no issues, but out of the blue, the miner suddenly became all hysterical about my ship being there. Both me myself, and the HMS captain tried as best we could to explain the situation to him, and for some time, he quieted down a little. Then the HMS left, I was about to move on, when something, most likely one of the patrol units (//BAF NPC Gunboat) razor'd a Bowex Clydesdale to death right next to my ship.
One of my crew members beamed the poor lads into our hold, and we took care of them. This is were the REAL issue starts.
Another miner had undocked from Cardiff at this point. One of them was silent, the other one constantly trying to frame me for shooting down the Clydesdale. Since the patrolling unit had long passed us, i could not prove that it was not me shooting down the Clydesdale.
After ALOT of bickering, i finally got a window to leave. Seeing as the miners had started to get trigger happy, i felt it was about time i got out of there, before they found some new reasons to shoot me. As i approached the New London Gate lane, they disabled it. I told them, that if they proceeded to open fire on my ship, they would be in breach of Bretonian law.
I fire up my engines and proceed to leave. Then the ensign, who previously had taken a nap or something, suddenly shouts out "Right,weapons loading ,ENGAGE!For Bretonia.". Which made the miners also jump in. At this point, i got a challenger and two Nyx's trying to shoot me.
And as any interstellar lawyer can tell you, i have every damn right to defend myself. So naturally, i fire back at them. Including the ensign. By chance Commodore John Clay appears within range of my communication system. I contact him and gives him an update on the situation, and how it all started. Upon which he rushes over to Cambridge. At this point i am 18k from Cardiff. A constant flurry of Cruise Disruptor missiles keep me going at low speeds. Making it drag on longer. It doesn't help that they also destroy any lane i happen to come close to.
By the time Commodore Clay arrives, i have shot down one miner, severely damaged the ensign and other miners ship. The ensign however broke off right after the miner was shot down.
Upon Clay's arrival, the fight stops. I then have to stay for yet a longer time to give a testimony.

This is my version, and i can assure you that neither my crew, nor the ensign would have much else to say. I would even go as far, as to claim the Nomad would be able to confirm what i just said, if it could speak that is.

Now, given the situation, i am fully aware that discretion is out of question. And, 3 months may or may not be enough. The Razorspine will return to the frontlines in Eta, perhaps it will return to Bretonian lands one day. Although, given the situations that has risen, i doubt there will be need for it to return.

Me myself, i will return to Newcastle, i have alot of paperwork waiting for me. Certainly, i have been neglecting my duty for too long.

God speed senor.

[Image: Comm-Window-Sidious2.png]