Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Parliament Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I needed to make a thread announcing a few changes now that we've completed the first "trial run" of the House of Commons, and figured I might as well make a permanent thread for feedback on it.

So here you can post feedback on it.

As for the changes;

The number of seats is being reduced. Currently we have 18 representatives in the House of Commons, with 63 seats including the Prime Minister. That number is being reduced to 42 seats via the following changes;

Lost Seats:
Independent;

BMM (2)
LD-14
Douglas Station

BowEx (2)
Lancaster Trade Center Seat 1
Lancaster Trade Center Seat 2

Cryer (1)
CRI Seat Merged (I'll explain what this means later)

Gateway (2)
Kensington Shipping Platform Seat 2
Kensington Shipping Platform Seat 3

IMG (2)
South Shields Refinery
Aland Shipyards

Interspace Commerce (1)
Waterloo Seat Merged

Junkers (1)
Trafalgar Station Merged

Orbital Spa & Cruise
Shetland Merged

Planetform Inc
Planet Harris

Planetary Districts
Planet New London District 3
Planet Cambridge District 2

Representative Seats;

All factions lost 1 seat, excepting merged seats. Zoner seat removed.

Unlawful Seats;

All seats replaced by a single merged seat for Gaians and another for Mollys.

What are merged seats? They will appear as "Seat Name (Mixed) - MP Name" on the list. Merged/Mixed seats are seats that are open to both independents and representative (faction) players. If the faction either doesn't use the seat or there isn't an official faction for the NPC faction seat, than independent character may hold it. However, if there is an indie character holding the seat and the faction wants it instead, the indie must give up the seat and is replaced by the faction character.

So say Interspace Commerce wants to use their seat, DarthBindo would have to give up the seat as an indie so IC| can have it.

What current MPs this affects;

-Dieter's Lord James Ralston holding the New London District 3 seat.
-DarthBindo's Thomas McIherney character holding the IC Indy seat -might- have to give it up if IC| requests him to.
-Echo 7-7's Michael Kingston character -might- have to give up his seat if the official Gaian faction requests him to.
Well Greyhound would definately like a seat. So, Cryer, how can we settle this?
Well, just apply for the seat in this thread. The Steward will either give it to you or not. If you don't get it, feedback will be provided as to why.

Also, the Royalists are best. :P

In any case, these changes meet my approval. We had too many empty seats anyway. Streamlining the system to this extent is a good move.
' Wrote:Well Greyhound would definately like a seat. So, Cryer, how can we settle this?
You mean OS&C? Cryer and Shetland don't have anything to do with each other.

Since there is no official OS&C faction, Greyhound can simply register for the seat in the appropriate thread and will receive it.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=105514

See here for all the information.
Thanks for the link! Will post in no time.

Edit: I hope you see this, I didnt want to double post, but there is a problem.

I see that as the leader of OS&C in Bretonia, my char is elegible for an independent seat. But I may not hold a peerage. Now, inRP my char is the son of a Lord, so he holds a peerage. So, what should I do?
I like the changes. I have a few more suggestions too:

1. If multiple bills are going to be introduced to the Parliament, we need to find a formula in order to decide which of those need to be reviewed first.

2. Creation of time limits for the discussion of each bill. The review of the bills can be made with 2 modes. The normal one which can take from 1 week to 15 days and the emergency one which requires that discussions won't last longer than 5 days.

3. Replying to the same thread would become troublesome after a few months in case we want to find something that was said earlier. I am recommending to start a new thread for each bill proposal.

' Wrote:Also, the Royalists are best. :P
4. Someone should tell jammi that he is wrong.
' Wrote:Thanks for the link! Will post in no time.

Edit: I hope you see this, I didnt want to double post, but there is a problem.

I see that as the leader of OS&C in Bretonia, my char is elegible for an independent seat. But I may not hold a peerage. Now, inRP my char is the son of a Lord, so he holds a peerage. So, what should I do?
It means you cannot hold a seat in the House of Lords if you want to hold that independent seat. Your character CAN hold a peerage, but he cannot hold the right to sit in the House of Lords if he holds an independent seat.

In short, yes, your character can hold that seat.

' Wrote:I like the changes. I have a few more suggestions too:

1. If multiple bills are going to be introduced to the Parliament, we need to find a formula in order to decide which of those need to be reviewed first.
It's a little overdue, been meaning to get around to it, but there will be a thread created for submitting bill proposals.

' Wrote:2. Creation of time limits for the discussion of each bill. The review of the bills can be made with 2 modes. The normal one which can take from 1 week to 15 days and the emergency one which requires that discussions won't last longer than 5 days.
Time limits are handled by the Steward. The Sprague bill had minimal oversight by the Steward as it was the trial run of Parliament as well as the establishment of a rather major change in roleplay/lore - The colonization of a planet. As such I wanted the maximum amount of debate and roleplay to lead up to it. Other bills will not be discussed for as long. 1-2 weeks will be the usual time for debates.

' Wrote:3. Replying to the same thread would become troublesome after a few months in case we want to find something that was said earlier. I am recommending to start a new thread for each bill proposal.
I'd rather keep all the House debates take place inside the house thread. The Bill depository will include links to the specific posts concerning those bills, for finding it easily.

' Wrote:4. Someone should tell jammi that he is wrong.
I do that nearly daily. Just not publicly.:P
' Wrote:3. Replying to the same thread would become troublesome after a few months in case we want to find something that was said earlier. I am recommending to start a new thread for each bill proposal.
One idea would be to use bookmarks. For a Bill to be debated, it has to be announced by the Steward, yes? So, in that announcement post write something along the lines of "And now for debate, we have the Colonisation of Sprague Bill, CBPSND991259."

That short name and code would then be entered into the Bill Repository. If you wanted to find the debate relating to that bill, just do a thread search of that title and code, and you'll find the Steward's post. You'll then know there's nothing relevant before it, and will be able to quickly locate information.

' Wrote:I do that nearly daily. Just not publicly.:P
Indeed. :mellow:
I finally applied for the representative seat (representing OS&C), since there is no official OS&C faction and my char is the top rank in OS&C in the bretonian branch of the non official faciton.

Did I do it right? I was confused by the representative/independent thingie, I hope I observed the differences right.
' Wrote:I finally applied for the representative seat (representing OS&C), since there is no official OS&C faction and my char is the top rank in OS&C in the bretonian branch of the non official faciton.

Did I do it right? I was confused by the representative/independent thingie, I hope I observed the differences right.
You'd go for the independent seat. Representative is for official factions. For OS&C though, the one seat shares both statuses. I'll amend your app to say Indy seat instead of rep, and we'll be good.

On the subject of bookmarks, that idea is already slated for implementation.
Pages: 1 2